Since when has the Runescape Community become a bunch of....

DegenerateX

Hm, i ask friends to do alching.. a friend who i dunno in rl has 2k mage longs and the alchs for me to do.. kinda worried cause he hasnt been on for 2 days, but then I have his whip so i guess it's only a loss of 400k if he dose scam me.. hope he dosent though.,

I only tend to lend to people i know irl though.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean.

I have only a select few friends I can trust with my good items (Whip, Torags, etc.) And they'll give them back. I also have a few friends that lend me stuff, and I give it back.

But some friends think I'm going to scam their items off of them, so I'll have to lend them something worth a little bit of what I want to borrow. Which is fine. The only time I'd scam someone....is if they gave me a Party Hat or something like that lol, but who would need to borrow a Party Hat :-s

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you..

1. You can't wield crystal bow

2. Anyone could say that crap..

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

That sucks. A lot of people have become greedy for the few pixels that their 'friends' have. I'd rather have one great friend than all the party hats in the game. Not even in yeajoking, because I know in years to come friends will be better than their pixels. I guess all you can do now is just start slaving over those rocks again.

He said he had a main.....*points to the first page*

mathisfun.png

Fact is, the guy was never your friend to begin with. He probably befriended you knowing that he would eventually scam you to begin with.

Earn your trust to such a high degree that you would give him your most treasured items. You were easy prey that way. Some people try stunts like that within weeks of meeting someone... this guy seems like he'll probably grow up to be a pretty good conartist (if he isn't one already).

This is why I never have given an item to anyone that I wouldn't be willing to lose. And most High end items I've given away (Dragon Legs and Spears come to mind) as gifts and not loans.

Think I was only ever scammed once in RSC and that was for maybe 350k (which is chump change to me now). And it was to a similar scam as well. I just wasn't worked for 5 months... I was worked for maybe a day. My first and last mistake.

All you can really do is learn from your mistakes.

And RS has been full of scammers ever since I've been playing the game... So how thats a surprise to you is beyond me. You are over generalizing saying that the entire community are scammers.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I like how people can rtrust thir irl freinds but not their runescape freinds because it's completely the opposite with me.

I had about 2 mil I wanted to merchant, my freind was 82 fletching and wanted 85 so I bought materials for him in return of yew longs when he finished. He gave me 1k back when he finished them the first day. Since I was 44 runecrafting I decided to make my nats, I made about 3k nats and alched that 1k. unfortunatly thats all he gave back, he kept the other 1.6mil worth of materials to himself :( And this was my rl freind.

1z2zrwo.jpg

lol, feel sorry for u but have u ever heard of calatoral?

me and one of my friends on Rs lends me millions and stuff but i give him calatoral so if he lent me 1m i'd give him 650k in items and stuff

u should try that... :boohoo: dont give away anything u couldn't do without..

cause no matter what anyone says Runescape is full of :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

He had given me his crystal bow about a week ago to train with and I gave it back to him yesterday.

They're tradeable?

Plus, regarding your stats..you can't weild one.

Main: Savageboy1

Skiller-then into Staker: Degeneratex

Ranger/Mage Pure: R0binhood Jr

funny i just made a range pure named rob3n jr, srry about your loses.

tFtfA.jpg

lol

x_Mindless_x

Since I had to kill the Sara Mage to get this, I think it classifies as a "drop"

I got real stuff Take notice of the black helmet T and the studded chaps G

x_bow80

Rofl, that is a lvl 1 clue, so u dont fight any sara mages

It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. Just answer the summary question of since when has the rs community had people who value material possesion more than friendship and fun times.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

i never "loan" anything to any1 i just am soooo over protective of my stuff

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

Well thats life, people be your friends and backstab you... Dont let no one use your stuff unless he is a good frend Irl, then you can beat him up if he steals it lol.
Haha, that's what I say to my friends when they don't give stuff back :twisted:

i got 2 rs friends, 1 is a real life friend who i trust well cause he a good friend, and another one that is just a rs friend. I met him when i was a uber noob just like cmbt 30 and hes was 50, he lent me money for my pick and ever since then weve been good pals. A few weeks ago, he asked me to sell some stuff for him, all worth about 10 mil, im not like some sort of scammer who takes stuff, i like talking to him and doing stuff, i would have never thought of taking his stuff, even when he sometimes lends me money, i always give back even when he says he doesnt need it. We practically always borrow things, and we would never scam each other.

Its sad when someone does that, and u lose a friend. Sry for yah. :cry:

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

I understand your bad luck Ive had worse encounters with people Ive met. Any time I meet someone in this game and try to befriend them I get scammed even the ones Ive know for a year. Took me several times to finally just decided people can't be trusted. Ive just learned not to lend things to anyone I don't know in real life and even then I hesitate.

All skills 80+

I don't know what happened but me being so pissed off that I woudlnt be able to get verracks tomorow when I had predicted, and my determination to get money again made me get 3.1 mil in ONE DAY.

That's like what I've done for the last 2 months but in ONE day. I wont give away secret as I want to make enough until I have verracks, but it was my last combat item worth anything (500-580k) and I just sold it to get some money. I see someone else selling for 40k less than I just sold it for. Go ahead and buy that, and I just kept on doin it. My hands started getting cramps after about 3 hours of typing "Selling ________ 530k" - "Buying _________ 500k" but the constant solid profit I made on each one made me keep going till I had 3 mil.

I still haven't been able to talk to my friend. I've tried pming him and everything, but he wont respond to anything. I even met his pure in the wild, and he started attacking me so I pwned him and he still didn't say anything :(.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

First of all you shouldnt judge the "rs community" just because of this nerd.

Second, you mine hard and "slaving" for a whole month yet you are only 60 mining ? =\ :^o

And well you lost a whip and obby set to him aye ? pretty sad but nothing to go blame the community for, you have a higher mining lvl now so go try that or maybe merchant, pk, stake or use other skills to make some money.

3mill+ Isn't that much and I'm sure you'll have it all back in no time.