Jesse's Non Existant Guide to Merchanting. (AOW Discussion)

hellbellz

another way is to buy super strength pots for 3k (will be hard to find but there is always some 1 who desperatly doesn't want em)

sell in world-18,22 or any good pking world

remember dont sell for less if they want them they will buy them eventually

ben h900-made 1.9m in 1 day

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide, and good work =D>

However, I'm not to sure about the the part where it says to buy iron for 30-50gp ea. I have been merchanting iron for a while, and I almost never come across anyone who sells at this price. I have found a few who sell for 60ea, but it's usually something like 13 iron, which is a waste of time. I'd suggest buying iron for 60-80gp ea. It might make less profit per run, but it is much faster, and speed can mean everything. Of course, it depends on how much money you have, and on which worlds you merchant. Nevertheless, I could be wrong, but this is what I have discovered while merchanting.

Apart from that, you have done a great job, and this guide has been very helpful :thumbsup:

Fire+Mage+9.png

why is money making so boring?? nice guide add "rune mining" (around 250k an hour f2p)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

your guide combined with wurmskins guide is awesome, thanks to bs merchanting and the like i made enough money to use wurmskins metheds higher up in no time at all. i'm making about 200k an hour , starting with only 400k! and up until now i've had merchanting dislexic problems. i really sucked. Nowi'll have my whip in no time! (the iron merchanting doesn't work. at all. the rest is awesome though!)

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Reposting this seeing on that's how I have to make it acceptable for AoW.....

Merchanting is easy! as long as you know what your doing.

That's the first thing you need to know.

------------------

1. Introduction

------------------

2. Getting your first mill

------------------

3. Building up your money

------------------

4. F2P (Finally, yes)

Introduction

In my eyes, merchanting is the easiest thing in Runescape. You can basically merchant anything. ANYTHING! You don't need any lvls to merchant. Watch out for scammers. Always look at the 2nd trade screen for about 3+ seconds to make sure your not scammed. Merchanting takes time. Don't rush things. Make sure you don't get scammed!! Can't stress this enough. Make sure you know prices, or don't sell things for that item or buy it. It could be 40 gp, you never know. Must be firm! With your prices. If you arn't firm, they'll suck you into selling for lower or buying Higher. Earlier I bought D sq. for 1.6m, he asked for 1.7M. He said no. He said he'll find another buyer. 20 seconds later he pmed me and then sold. TRUST ME!

If you can't sell your item(s) for more than you bought, just sell it for what you got it for so you don't get any money loss.

Few ways to sell things..

To make sure people don't think you're autoing, just say:

buyingfullvwt6.png

buyingfullvws4.png

buyingfullvwr8.png

add your name somewhere so they know who to trade with. Always change the difference every little bit.

Getting your first million GP

To make money, you have to have a little bit of money. First: Make about 200k-300k. Do this by:

1. Mining ess, coal, etc.

2. Runecrafting: Runecraft the best thing you can.

3. You can ask a friend to borrow (Probaly won't get anyone, but I got 2m to borrow once, gave it back)

4. Don't scam, that'll help

5. Fish: Fish lobsters, tuna, etc. Here are some good places to fish:

Barbarian Village

barbarianvillagecv8.png

Catherby

catherbyyi1.png

6. WC: Cut Yews, if you can't, Willows are fine.

willowtreesdraynorvillaat4.png

Magics and Yews:

magicsyewsseersvillagemj8.th.png

Now merchanting the first mil. You should merchant things in bulk Buy 1k lobsters for 200k. Sell for 250k.

Yews: Buy for 220 each, sell for 250+.

bowstringzv9.gif Bow Strings:Go to Seers. Go to the spinning wheel where people make B strings. Buy them for 150 each, buy as many as you can. Sell for 170-200 each on forums!

willowlogsua6.gif Willows: Buy them in F2P worlds for 20gp each, then simply sell for 30-40gp on forums/ crowded worlds.

Iron Ore Buy in random F2P worlds for 40-50 each, sell on forums/World 1, 3, etc. For 100 each. ** Also contained in F2P section**

Congrats, you have your first million GP O:)

Now, you must go on the Official Runescape Forums to buy good items

Earning loads of money

snapdragonseedszn7.gifMy FAVORITE. Go in a crowded world. say:

Buying all snap seeds, 15k each!!!

Buying all snap seeds!!

Buying all ranarr seeds!!

Buying all ranarr seeds, 15k each!!!

or a combination of both seed types. You won't get many sellers. But trust me after you spend a decent amount of money. Sell them for 21k-23k each on the forums! That's 8k a profit for each seed

**WILL take a while to get the snaps/ranarrs**

veracweaponed2.gifFlails

Go on Seers bank, or Fally. Crowded world. Buy Flail for 500k - 550k. Sell it for 650k

Armour

guthanfullug6.jpg

Now that your a beast merchanter, buy full sets of Barrow armours **Except Kharils** For example: Buy full dharoks for 3.4M. Sell it for 3.5+. 200k in 20 minutes.

Barrows no weps

You can make good money by selling the weapon and armour seperately. Buy Veracs for 4.5m. Sell the flail 650k, then sell full Veracs no flail for 4.1m. Same goes for other barrows. Just make sure you know prices before you buy/sell them!

D Armour.

dragonsquareyu0.gifD sq's for 1.4M, sell 1.5M in a crowded world.

dragonplatelegstr5.gifD Legs - Buy for 2.2M sell for 2.4M.

dragonmedhelmgo4.gifD Med - Not that good for money, it's around an average price, but I'd go with buying 400k, selling 500k on Official Forums or crowded banks.

Food

Many of you know, prices of sharks have gone down alot. Some people don't know that

Buy Sharks (cooked or raw) for 900 each. And sell for 1k Each in crowded banks. Or you can also trade x amount of Lobsters for a certain item = x For example: Buy Flail (700k) for 700 Sharks. Sell for 700k cash \' 70k. It's kind of complicated idea, but you'll understand it if ya read it more times.

Listen to this. If you want to make good money, you have to sell for 50k above what your actually selling for, then lower it to the real price to make it sound like a kick-butt deal. \' It works alot.Example. Verac is 4.5m, you sell for 4.6m

Selling Veracs 4.65m!
Ok, ok 4.6m

Herblore

Try to sell atleast 50+. And always have 11 Notes of unids when you sell them. Just so the other person doesn't make sure your scamming. And don't scam.

From Falador to the Taverly Dungeon

faladortaverlydungeongp0.png

From enterance to Chaos Druids:

taverlydungeonchaosdruihd4.png

P pots

Pretty easy to do . Buy Ranarrs for 6.5k - 7k each. Buy Snapegrass for 400-500 each. And make P pots.

prayerpotformationff4.png

You can buy the Vials in the Taverly Herblore Shop. You can also get free Snape grass from the first couple of spots at Waterbirth Island. South and north of the boat.

waterbirthislandsnapereca4.png

Rares

rarescj5.png

Rares.. Ahh, the best money maker. The cream of the crop (dunno what it means but it sounds convincing lol). The rares market is pretty wild. For example, things can low or raise 1m+ in a couple days. Therefore, it is good to see the 'price and demand' The more there are, less demand, lower prices. Vice versa, the less there are, the more demand, higher prices. Once you get in the rares, I'd say when you see them lower quite a bit, I'd sell. But if they're getting high, keep it untill it reaches it's high. You can do this with any rare.

F2P!

Iron ore! Simply buy them for anywhere from 30gp -50gp each in 100+ sizes, and sell for around 110gp in W1. I love it! Don't buy like 1 - 40 :notalk: It'll slow down your merchanting, to buy like 60. Also don't buy in odd numbers, go for 10's, 100's, 1k's, etc.

Crafting

cowhidepg0.gif[/url]Cow hides can easily be obtained east of Lumbridge:

cowhideslumbridgefz0.png

Crafting Guild:

cowhidescraftingguildyh0.png

You can sell the hides for 100 each.

Armour

Full rune is good, you can buy for 180k, sell for 200k. Not much, but good for F2P. It won't take long. Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin armour is good to merchant.

Zamorak -- Buy for 2M, sell it for 2.1m - 2.2m

Buy legs/Plate for 1.2M. Sell them for 1.3m

Saradomin -- Buy for 1.8M, sell for 2M. :XD:

Guthix -- Buy for a simple 1.3m, sell it for 1.4m - 1.5m

All of the God armour's should be done behind Varrock West Bank in crowded worlds. Preferably 1, 3, 5.

Even though you can't post in official forums, look! You'll find good deals there.

Rune Essence / RC'in

You can buy them for 20gp - 30gp each. I suggest 25. Sell for 30gp - 35gp each on forums. You can also make runes with them. If you have high enough RC'ing, you can make around 4x the amount of ess you have. Airs are good. You can sell for 15 - 20 each. If you buy ess for 25 each, make 4x airs, thats a 35gp gain every essence.

Rate it or hate it ::'

Credits to Timotayj, D00PLEX, Armourboy05, Dieophobus77, dedhed100, Eckered, strnoob6431, YumsYumpk and me :)

~~~~Look on the second last post of 2nd page to see D00PLEX's farm/herblore piece.~~~~

Armourboy05 made 1.5M in one day using this guide \'

Deiophobus77 made enough money for Ahrims using this guide :thumbsup:

D Allster "D" made enough money for a whip using this guide

Good luck merchanting guys!

Awsome man (or women) !!!! , one problem , IM BROHOHOKE !!!! :cry: .i think this is kinda l8 but ill give it a shotPoW!!!!

once upon a time , theres a guy named dad his son is named luke , one day lukes dad came to school , lukes friend says 'luke look its ur father , then luke quickly draw his lightsaber then he cuts the .................PuMpKiN !!!!

it's in a class of it's own now you've updated it. stop showing off jesse ;P.

but snapps/ rannars doesnt work unless you get a seller by chance in groups of 10+ seeds , if you do, it's ultimate ownage. plus everything only works well for me once then it's a bit slow...... it's some kind of plot against me getting my whip. well, almost there so :P.

i need some fresh stuff...anychance of some insider tips mate? :wink:

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

Ummm...your guide is way too long. Basically, you could sum up your guide in a few words: "Buy low and sell high." Thats all youre telling people to do.

He's also telling people what to buy and sell, giving them helpful tips etc.

Don't just come on here and spam.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Ummm...your guide is way too long. Basically, you could sum up your guide in a few words: "Buy low and sell high." Thats all youre telling people to do.

He's also telling people what to buy and sell, giving them helpful tips etc.

Don't just come on here and spam.

His prices will be out of date within a few days unless he updates it constantly.

Designer Violence.

Guest Nezikchened

You got gratulations from outside this forum. I showed it to my friend at school and he got 3mil in a day.

So props to you.

And also, you might want to add not to trust the people saying : "I got cleaned", "I got haxxored", "I got scammed", "My main got banned", "Haha, fooled him totally! ...Oops... Ehhehehe." Most of those just try to get more money from people feeling bad for them.

You got gratulations from outside this forum. I showed it to my friend at school and he got 3mil in a day.

So props to you.

And also, you might want to add not to trust the people saying : "I got cleaned", "I got haxxored", "I got scammed", "My main got banned", "Haha, fooled him totally! ...Oops... Ehhehehe." Most of those just try to get more money from people feeling bad for them.

Well thanks for showing him/her this guide :)

I'll be sure to add that.

Congratulations, this guide has been stickified and immortalized in the Archive of Wisdom!

*Please note: Due to the price sensitivity of this guide, and the ever changing prices of Runescape, this guide needs to be updated regularly.

If the prices become obsolete, the guide will be removed for the protection of our users.

Anyway, good work, and Gratz. :)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)