Coping Runescape with School

saber_blade222

I'm going into senior year of HS, and taking 2 AP classes.. I already am swamped with summer homework that needs to be done soon, lol.

I don't do sports, but I do do clubs and activities after school that leaves me coming home at 8-9pm sometimes.. on those days I just do my homework, get some studying in if needed, then head to bed at 11:30.

On normal days, I get home at 3, do some chores or hang out with friends, come home at 5, do HW and Studying from 5 til 8 or sometimes 9.. then after that it's up to me to decide what I want to do, so that leaves me almost 2 hours almost each weekday to play runescape if i wanted.. i've always found it easier to have time to do what I want if I made scheduled time for needed things.. cheers :thumbsup:

P.S: Don't quit runescape! Its a good game to take a load off and keep you sane during the year, especially at night before bed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play for a half an hour to 45 minutes in the morning before school, and after school I do my homework until it is all done, then get on RuneScape with whatever time I have left (If it isn't 9- I have to go to bed at 9 <.<). On Fridays, I do about half of my weekend homework and then play until the late hours, and usually my Saturdays are reserved for TET events and RuneScape (unless it is unavoidable, such as a trip to relatives, etc.). Sundays are used for whatever homework I have not finished, starting at about noon, and RuneScape after that. Now, when I say RuneScape, it may be filled with going outside, doing stuff, etc.- I meant for that to mean free time (which actually means RuneScape 75% of the time -.-).

Last semester my grades were dropping, and if I hope this new schedule works if I want to stay in the advanced classes (top 0.5% test scores in the state FTW.)

There ya have it :).

-Dutty

Errr, *needs a sig*

when you get back from school, do not go upstairs, do not even look at the computer, then once all your studies are finished you can playrs or hang with mates etc.

if you do play rs set yourself a mini goal each night, a reachable one e.g. 1000 logs or something, then once you complete that you can go to bed!

| from a to b - f2p/p2p staker | Private chat - Currently on | click here to view my blog

sigiw1.jpg

lol00bf5.png

the problem is schooling is differnet for everyone

some may be homeschool up until they graduate highschool.

theirs a differnet aspect of playing in different schooling "generations" elementry-junior high, definately gotta do alot of home work, infact @ my school k-6th grade, didnt do you homework u got a detention 6-8, noone cared.

highschool, your still a child, you still need to be responsible. and really, you will rarely get serious homework unless your pushing hard, like taking chemistry your sophmore year.

college, now this is your choice of course, your an adult. still tho, the transition from highschool to college is extreme and let me say, college should not be meant to slack off, i truely believe if you are blessed with the ability to goto a good 4 year college, and have the ability to get into a good law, or doctorate class take it, forget runescape.

but highschool and your early adult years is where the serious playing begins. of course the summer for students helps to.

but the last year of highschool for me was a joke, literally my last year of schooling in my horrible highschool was nothing but screwing around. and since i had no home work(literally ever) and no real commitment to classes, i could play runescape as much as i liked after school

when your day consists of 2 classes of study hall followed by 3 classes of a computer programing class(not that hard trust me...) lunch, P.E. and then government... uve got it made. the only class i ever had serious homework in was my computer programming class, guess what not exactly homework...most could be done in the class room.

in fact runescape did take a toll on my grades, i fail my computer programming class, and i was the best student in my class hour. oddly enough my teacher still passed me.

runescapes timing does need to be governed tho, and im sure jagex knows they have a bunch of teenaged kids addicted to this game. thats why they post the message of the week saying, go out side.

Well anyone from the UK should know that homework is scarce here, so its pretty easy for me to just complete the 1 or 2 pieces i would get every other week in an hour and it would still be high enough standard. Me playing runescape for 4-5 hours a day during the week hasn't effected my grades one bit and i still passed with my predicted A's and B's. As i am now starting Sixth form/College i might have to adapt slightly more.

But still, i don't see any reason my time playing would be so short i accomplished nothing.. If i only have 30 minutes to spare, i really wouldn't use those 30 minutes for Runescape its just not worth it, you can't get anything accomplished in that time efficiently, so as if i only had 30 minutes every day, i would just quit, as i would get nowhere.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

yeh you will need to adapt more, sixth form has alot more courseowork and essays etc. may i suggest you work your [wagon] off in sixth form, asi worked to teh same level i did in GCSE in my first year so only got BBCCD insted of AABBB which i was predicted.... :shame:

| from a to b - f2p/p2p staker | Private chat - Currently on | click here to view my blog

sigiw1.jpg

lol00bf5.png

problem with me is i do homework and play sports but then runescape takes my time away in holidays when i should be phoning people up which sucks...ive only spent around a week outa 5 with mates this holiday :cry:

i still get out as i spend around 2 hours a day either on my bike or doing weights + my set amount of 60pushups and situps a day 8-)

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

i finish my homework,learn my lessons,sometimes if the lessons are quite easy,i combine en with sharkfishing :) cause i don't need much attention for that,but usually i play after my studiethingies :thumbsup:

newcampfirenonamejeepeesx5.jpg

I quit the dreaded game around 2 weeks ago. School's starting in a week and I NEED to do well my junior year.

What do you ahve to show for your time? Nothing but pixels...

waeldwade4jph.jpg

Runescape Status = RETIRED AS OF 15/08/2006

Combat 105, 1488 Total (I Beat the addiction :D)

Yea but what do i have to show for my time? Nothing but pixels
This is why Runescape is a WASTE OF TIME - smart man

A good idea formulated in my mind was to not play runescape for 1 quarter, and see how my grades are. If they are satisfactory, by that time i would have fallen in the routine of school and would be able to find out when i would be able to play and when i wouldn't be able to, and go from there.

I would go the other way around, play runescape to start with whilst your grades don't matter as much, but if you do fall behind, then start limiting yourself to weekends only and if that doesn't work, don't play at all until summer holidays when your work is done! Also, I chose not to play at all during my exams, and I did a hell of a lot better than anyone was expecting me to do. I was predicted C's for English literature and language, got A and B. So you may want to quit like 2 months before exams, it really helps your marks!

Currently i am mining rune to get a green mask (only a few more mil), so if i do decide to temporarily quit, by the time i get back i will have plenty of money stored in that mask.

That is of course the best thing to do, and if you need to, get a santa, they're a tiny bit cheeper, meaning it takes less time to obtain. They also seem to rise in price at pretty much the same rate as green masks, meaning you make the same profit.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

yeh you will need to adapt more, sixth form has alot more courseowork and essays etc. may i suggest you work your wagon off in sixth form, asi worked to teh same level i did in GCSE in my first year so only got BBCCD insted of AABBB which i was predicted.... :shame:

I have allready been told by my teachers that two of the courses im taking, Chemistry and Human Biology, have no coursework or essays what so ever. Instead they just have assesed praticals, and the final tests.

IT work has allways been easy so i don't really expect anything too hard from that, Geography will be the one i get most work from i think.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

im not doing much homework actually :$ but i made 4 years that way! :D

and there is one clue for that: i know when something is important and i have to get a good grade fo it and at those moments i can say to myself, "you really have to do this", so i can take my responsibility and i can hold my self from playing (a bit).

but im not perfect too, i made several mistakes now of which stuff is important, but i stil made it :)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I dont take any AP courses because I wouldnt have enough time to do my homework :lol: . I dont play much during the week because I dont get home to between 5-7 because of weight lifting. I go to school, go to tutoring (1-2 days a week) then go lift weights at the gym for like 2 hours and after that I do homework and if I have time for runescape I do it. But I'd never pass up a trip to the gym because its the best :D

Even I can't adhere to this, but physically force yourself away from the computer until you get your homework done. That way you won't procrastinate and you'll get much more efficiency and productivity out of a day after school.

I usually go on the computer right when I get home from school and save my homework til later, just wasting time postponing it. I get everything done, I just get to sleep later than I should. It's just hard not getting lured by the computer and doing your homework first. If you can do that you'll be fine.

Yeah.. I told my teacher I was lured by the CPU, that's how I lost my homework. :-w

I'm a sophmore in HS...so I don't have AP yet.

That said, I have a horrible work ethic. I'm a smart person, I never had to study in middle school and I could make A's. Now that I'm in high school, I have to study to make A's. I'm really bad at it, 30 minutes of studying is about all I can concentrate. A 15 minute break at the computer turns into an hour easily.

Some people say do homework as soon as you get home, that doesn't work for me. After 7 hours of school and 2 of soccer practice/game, I need a break. I always watch tv or play runescape at least 30 minutes after I get home. Then I'll do my homework and hopefully I'll still have an hour or two to kill.

On weekends, I'm almost always with friends on Friday. One of my best friends just got his driver license(first one in my circle of friends), so every Friday, we always pile in his car and do something. Saturdays in the fall are college football to me. I spend every Saturday watching football(unless it's Homecoming Dance day). Sunday is when I do my homework.

Hope this helps, I'm still getting into the swing of things at school.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Runescape becomes what it should be: entertainment when there is nothing else to do.

I go to school, run cross country, come home and do all my homework, and then I can feel free to relax and play runescape. (A whole hour or two, but still, I have some free time).

As far as weekends are concerned, Fridays are made for relaxation, and generally saturdays are too unless I'm completely swamped. When Sunday comes, I start my homework at about noon and finish sometime in the evening. I can then relax for a few hours before bed. :)

w00t XC ftw?? I ran a 5k today lol(first one of the season, like 18 minutes lol :0)

Back on topic. Im a freshman in high school. Every class I'm taking is an honors class. A lot of the homework is given Monday and Wednesday and due Wednesday and Friday. So I just do all my homework on the mondays and wednesdays(upwards of 5 hrs straight of work :shock: ) and then spend tuesdays/thursdays playin ps2, x-box, chillin w/ friends/gf or w/e as well as getting in some RS. Then on the weekend I get some more RS in.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

in my case i'm thinking about planning on doing a lot of fishing and cooking, or woodcutting...and while i'm plugging away at math problems, i can glance up every prob, make sure i'm not dieing, and get back to math problems :P (or likewise for other subjects) since those really take no attention at all
just put effects on and u barley have to look at screen

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I'm a sophmore in HS...so I don't have AP yet.

That said, I have a horrible work ethic. I'm a smart person, I never had to study in middle school and I could make A's. Now that I'm in high school, I have to study to make A's. I'm really bad at it, 30 minutes of studying is about all I can concentrate. A 15 minute break at the computer turns into an hour easily.

Some people say do homework as soon as you get home, that doesn't work for me. After 7 hours of school and 2 of soccer practice/game, I need a break. I always watch tv or play runescape at least 30 minutes after I get home. Then I'll do my homework and hopefully I'll still have an hour or two to kill.

On weekends, I'm almost always with friends on Friday. One of my best friends just got his driver license(first one in my circle of friends), so every Friday, we always pile in his car and do something. Saturdays in the fall are college football to me. I spend every Saturday watching football(unless it's Homecoming Dance day). Sunday is when I do my homework.

Hope this helps, I'm still getting into the swing of things at school.

I'm in middle skool now and your getting me very scared about highskool :ohnoes:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Go to school

Do homework

Go get yourself a beer :)

Play Rs

Go to sleep

This must be Taito's routine...

For me, I have the exact same problem. Probably what I'll end up doing is slacking off on stuff till the last minute (like always) and play runescape any other time. My grades are perfectly fine like that.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

id suggest to take a snack and do your hw first, then you can have the rest of the time for tv or runescape. i have procrastination problems lol, 15 min of rs turns to an hr then 1hr 2hr 3hr 4hr 5hr 6hr.........the minigoal thing is way better than i am just going to play for 20 mins. set a goal so you do not feel like you wasted your rs time.

StarViv.png

Holy crap people, some of you guys have it easy in high school (jessy, Jesus Christ :shock: ).

Well, here's what one night of homework, on the second day of school, looks like for a Junior with 4 AP's at a College Prep HS:

AP American History:

Print off a syllabus.

Cover Textbook.

Get online and create a school account on "Moodle."

Open and print two readings, and fill out a page long answer sheet for both.

Morality and Justice:

Read Chapter 1, 20 pages long.

Quiz on the text.

English III:

Read and print off the syllabus.

Finish all exercises for Vocab section one.

Read 70 pages of "Brave New World", circle and rewrite all vocabulary words you don't know, and find their definitions.

Compare "Brave New World" to "Farenheit 451."

Fix in class quiz on "Brave New World."

AP Latin Vergil (Latin IV):

Translate lines 8-22 of the Aeneid (this is like Shakespeare for Latin).

AP Biology:

Cover Textbook

Do "Invitation 1" in Binder, a page long worksheet.

Read and go over "Sci Method 1&2", our first lab.

Read Chapter 1 of Textbook and answer 4 pages worth of exercises in Study book.

(AP) Precalculus BC:

Finish a worksheet and answer 40 text problems in the book.

Yes, that is one night of homework. Yes, life sucks.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.