I bet you guys don't care... but...

Well...

I got the last straw today.

I have a total of 2 friends on runescape. Make that one now.

I had taken a short break from runescape since april (when my sister got married)... family stuff going on, summer got chaotic. Anyways, I finally got another 3 months of membership a few days ago, which meant I could actually play, because I had some bank space.

I never really posted much here... quiet guy in runescape... usually asked questions when I needed to, gave out a few sets of mith to noobs who needed help... mentored one guy until he was higher level than me, who then proceeded to kill me in wild, taking 900k+ of my stuff. Needless to say, that friendship ended in the blink of an eye. :wall:

Since April, I've had about 2 friends. They were nice... said hi, we met sometimes, gave each other gifts, etc. Until I logged on today. One of my "friends" was on, and pm'd him saying hi. He didnt answer. Then he said "check your bank". I did. I had just bought 22k pure ess and a bunch of glories to make some nats. Ess and glories gone. I had a few misc worthless things I had kept from selling that were still in my bank (dds, stuff like that).

He said, "I did it. Just wanted to let you know"; then he logged off. :cry:

Well, thats the end of it. Jagex, enjoy my 3 months worth of members cash. I just don't feel like starting over again... I gave my last friend my dds lol... the last thing in my bank worth more than 30k. :(

I'm sure none of you know who I am, but I guess thats just the way I am.

RIP bagpiperdude: lvl 76 combat, almost 1,000 total lvl. That was a goal I had... but I just don't feel like it.

g'bye tipit.

its been fun runescape.

:boohoo: > off to bed... I'll check this thread in the morning I guess...

edit: no need to reply really... just saying good bye. If you really wanna say bye, even though you never knew me, thats fine. But don't feel like you need to...

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYY!

no really, it's good your moving on from rs, I wish I could. Im not an addict or anything but I just cant give it up. I stay for the people I guess.

Thats rather unfortanate, I had a hefty amount of money taken from me from one of my closest friends. I never quit though, because theres more friends out there. You just gotta start over, pick yourself up and get back on your feet.

Trust me enjoy the p2p, enjoy the game, enjoy your friends. Theres a bucnh of good guys here on the forums. (Meridtihla, Malo, WolfHunter, Mirrorforced, Ashmad, Caskade and many others!) Post your user name, get back in the game and we'll all be there for you.

Dont give up beause of a little scam, trust me, the friends are much more worth it then the pixels.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

after reading all that i guess i could say im sorry runescapes ruined ur life :cry:

i hope that friend gets his lesson learned someday :notalk:

What goes around comes around. It always does

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

did you not have a bank pin, as i say to other people all the time, don't give out your pass or bank pin!!!

run regular keylogger checks and you really have to do something silly to get "hacked" like telling people your pass or bank pin. Use the facilities that JAGEX provide to protect your account and dont tell anybody anything.

this is not meant to be a lecture and i really am sorry you lost a bunch of stuff but i hear about people getting "hacked" all the time and i just dont understand how they LET it happen

did you not have a bank pin, as i say to other people all the time, don't give out your pass or bank pin!!!

run regular keylogger checks and you really have to do something silly to get "hacked" like telling people your pass or bank pin. Use the facilities that JAGEX provide to protect your account and dont tell anybody anything.

this is not meant to be a lecture and i really am sorry you lost a bunch of stuff but i hear about people getting "hacked" all the time and i just dont understand how they LET it happen

Can't you just use on-screen keyboard when putting in your password?

Pretty certain that it works..

Wha.. What..? Where am I?

I find it hard to feel sympathy for you when you quite obviously gave your 'friend' enough information to answer your recovery questions, or even enough information to guess your pass... :roll:

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

Can't you just use on-screen keyboard when putting in your password?

Pretty certain that it works..

doesnt always work with complex keyloggers, most key loggers miss ASCII keys and "symbols" and they usually mis #pad keys...the thing is tho, keyloggers get better and better and im sure by now those things i listed are much more common then when i was intouch with keyloggers(played with a few to learn how to protect my computer)

Aw man that's sad.

I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear that tip.it community supports you. Or at least some of them :oops: .

I'm also curious how it happened. It once agian stresses the importance of passwords, recovery questions and bank pins (and not sharing them). Sad you had to learn the hard way. I'll support you, though.

Don't quit! You have paid $15 for this! Enjoy it while you can. Work on your skills to get them in the high scores. With that, you'll reach your 1000 total goal and make some money as well. You'll be on your feet in no time! Else oyou can fish lobbies to earn some cash and buy what you need.

Let this be a lesson and a new impulse to do even better from now on!

See you back on the patch...

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Its pathetic how low some people will go for money. :roll:

BUT you shouldnt have given the pass or enough info to somehow get onto the account.. I don't even let my own brother know my password, yes thats right, i want my account as safe as i can possibly make it. Even if i dont play anymore. :wink:

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol: