:: Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience ::

Dork

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you recommend searching the sarcophagi in rooms that aren't your final room, or not?

Does only the final room sarcophagus offer a chance of a sceptre?

When I search all the sarcophagi, I don't have enough time to loot each jar in the final room.

When I only loot the final sarcophagus, I have extra time at the end after looting all jars in my last room.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I don't think they would, unless maybe for thieving the jars...

But they wouldn't affect loot probably. And they degrade FAST...

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

• 1 month later...

I've got to go so I'll be quick and straight to the point.

I'm lvl 68, almost 69. I'm going for 99.

THERE IS AN ALTAR IN SOPHEUM (spell?)

why on earth is everyone using pohs, lumby etc?!?!?!?!? it works fine. :-s

First post in ages without use of proper grammy so, please don't flame me about it.

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

Just to answer a few questions, although i'm not dork, i have 99 thieving.

at 44 theiving, would pickpocketing guards or doing this be more xp?

Gaurds would be good there...that's what i did at least.

Do you recommend searching the sarcophagi in rooms that aren't your final room, or not?

Does only the final room sarcophagus offer a chance of a sceptre?

When I search all the sarcophagi, I don't have enough time to loot each jar in the final room.

When I only loot the final sarcophagus, I have extra time at the end after looting all jars in my last room.

ONLY search the sarcophogus in the final room IF you have time. ONLY IF. AND ONLY IF you're willing to make a lot of thieves mad. Searching the sarcohpagi doesn't give any exp to be worth it, and if you're going for thieving exp, you're better off leaving the pyramid early in order to save time.

Loot the sarcophogus (IF AT ALL) last.

Does anyone know for sure if the stealth gloves make a difference?d

They don't. They're for pickpocketing.

hey,because of the quest contact! you have the ability to bank at near the pyramid plunder! i think it under the temple so it saves a lot of time so add it

Many people have mentioned this...and he hasn't put it in, because he hasn't been around for a whlie, at least i think...he was here for a bit, then left again :(

• 2 months later...

when i ask to use anti poison or not, many people say that they just bring lots of food. but others say to use the anti poison. I was thinking to use the way without anti poison, because if im going to very much, i need to buy( or make ) very, very much anti poison :? . what shall i do?

EDIT: pm me in game

knight_levi9.png

untitled6kv7.gif

proud wearer of the quest and cooking cape

loot from barrows: ahrims bottom, guthans body, guthans warspear, great axe and guthans chainskirt :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great guide, but isn't there a bank in Sopathem after Contact?

I apologize if this has been mentioned, but it's not in the guide nor the first 5 pages.

After completion of the quest 'Contact!' you gain access to a bank in sophanem, around 1.5 screens from the east pyramid exit.

Edit: Oh, that is so not fair..

Great to see this at the top of the forum :)

I recommend this guide to everyone who wants to go for 99 Thieving. Also, it's a great 99 skill to get. It's not a grinding skill, as Plunder is really fun and it isn't the same everytime.

I got to 91 Thief with this guide, and made up my own method(with slightly faster xp, but if you want sceptres use this for sure.) The only flaw I see with this guide is that after 91 this gets really hard to do. To get through the whole process in your guide, you have to be really lucky with the doors, or know the pattern that they go in and know how many people are in the pyramid. It's something you really can't teach, you just eventually know if you are paying attention.

Another tip: When Plundering, if you can, get everyone in that world to start around the same time. Why? Because everytime someone enters the Pyramid, the doors rotate, which is why often someone sees a friend go through a door, and it rotates 2 or 3 times before you get there.

One more thing, always plunder with friends if you can. You want them to grab your sceptre if you somehow die.(Didn't die here from 53-99+, so I don't see how its really possible if you pay attention).

EDIT:Never mind that. Now they can just bless your grave stones! Also, now with the new grave stones, I think that you should keep a spare sceptre in your bank, so you can get to plunder quickly. And, of course, repair a stone if you see it. It can't help you if they lose their stuff, as you don't even get it. Especially in the high rooms, as not many people can get in there, and you may be someone's only chance at their sceptre. It takes 2 seconds to do, and what goes around comes around.

PS> Thanks for making this guide! Got a little off-topic there...

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've stopped trying for the specter now since it's value is dropped so low. It's so rare that the time taken to check each chest is no longer worthwhile.

So I've completely stopped checking those now and find that i'm gaining exp a little faster as a consequence :)

Harrington.gif

most setups are debated between dragon hide, rogues, or none at all...personally, at 90 thief, i used this setup

GEAR

-Rogue's top/bottom

-Helm of Neitiznot

-Boots of Lightness

-Spottier cape

-Pennance Gloves

-Phaoroah's Sceptre

-i weighed about -10+ with this gear

INVENTORY

-28 Monks+*

*Also it is often debated if you should use super anti's or none at all. i preferred to use none, the poison doesnt actually do enough to make you use MORE food. And it is even said in the Tip.It thieving guide that if you are there to maximize xp to not use anti's.

**NOTE**

uhh...im currently banned from "Meiko8888" so i cant really help you in game, and thats also why he isnt in the hiscores

~NEVER trust anyone just because they said they are your friend, real life or not, i found this all out the hard way, you dont want to~

I will be trying to get to 60 thiev, do you recommend the pyramid or knocking bandits? i guess im too low level to go to the pyramid and be efective right?

Nope, at 51-60 thieving Plunder gives around 50-60k experience an hour, you should be fine :)

It's a very well made guide, but to clear things up:

KO'ing a bandit and double-pickpocketing him can get you (probably more than, but my experience says) 90k xp per hour from lvl 55, once you've learnt the technique. At lvl 65, doubling menaphites are said to give you 140k-or-so (not that lvl yet myself so I couldn't confirm. Referring to this guide).

PP shouldn't get the upper hand until lvls 81+.

Try it out before you flame it, because it's awesome.

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.