WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF RUNESCAPE?

gotsol

I mostly keep my parents in the dark about it. My dad knows some stuff but he thinks its fine. I tell him about some of my friends i have and he thinks thats great. I dont know what they would say if the found about the magic side of the game. We are a christian family so they might not be to happy about it. My mom dosnt like the part about communicating to random people.

minsc+90.png

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my parents dont really care, cuz i go to the gym every day for 2 hours and get all A's. :thumbsup:

So whenever they tell me not to play, i remind them of everything i do right and they cant say anything! I love it when they know im right... \'

plus i can control my addiction and have quit p2p for the school year. (I never even told em i was p2p. Just payed with a debit card :XD: )

oreobuddyav5.png

22.jpg

Brian: The doctor thinks i'm in love with lois...

Peter: Oh my god!! *pause* You can talk!!

what do my parents think of runescape? well, its probably something along the lines of

"SHAWN! GET THE HELL OFF RUNSCAPE AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!"

...yea, that sums it up pretty well

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

My dad doesnt mind i play, infact i can talk to him about runescape for hours and he listens! lol my mom on the other hand, i think if she had the chance she would throw my pc in the trash.

thats cool im 18 , and wish my parents would talk with me about runescape :) 2.3k post count woot

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

parents do , care, they put a pass ont he internet so that i don't play while doing homework, but, other than that they sign on when it's the weekends, But they DO PAY FOR MY MEMBERSHIP!!!

for_sooth.png

Barrows Drops - Guthans Helmat x2, Dharoks Chest x2, Ahrims Staff, Guthans WarSpear Ahrims Robetop x2, Ahrims Hood, Torag's Legs, Karils Skirt, Xbow - Med (Double) Brassard-Hammers (Double)

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt... (3 helms)

Dk - Dragon Axe x3, Warrior Ring x2

T.T - Top hat (4.3m) x2

GWD - [bandos] Hilt, Plate X2

It seems like everytime I get in trouble my parents always blame Runescape on it, it's really funny.

" What?!? You got in a fight at school!?! I blame ROONSCAP! "

" What?!? You like...GIRLS?!? ..I blame ROONSCAP!! "

They've never really liked it, but I think they fail to understand that I could be doing something worse, and that it isn't the end of the world because i'd rather spend my spare time on the computer than playing sports.. ( I do play sports.. <.< just saying i'd rather play Runescape at some times. )

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

My parents hate it, blame it for everything that goes wrong in my life!! Playig RS til 2 in the morning and then getting busted by them might have something to do with it i suppose :-k

same here, except my mom plays and has an rs bf :-s -.-

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

same here, except my mom plays and has an rs bf :-s -.-

You're kidding right?

My parents don't care about runescape..wait i don't live with them anymore :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

My mum doesn't really like it too much because she thinks I spent too little time studying, she respects I like the game. My dad is the type of guy who is an all-rounder, he plays games so he sometimes asks me 'Whats...' or 'Wow, this game has really improved...' but I doubt he will start playing it.

There you go.

sig5235ro7.jpg

My dad enjoys all of the RS jargon. He really likes the name zezima, and he uses it whenever possible. He does this weird thing called geocaching (sort of like treasure trails in real life) so he doesn't judge me about playing the game because he does something equally nerdy.

There's no sig here. Move it along...

My parents + my friends + almost everyone I know think's it's a WOT.

Waste

Of

Time

Quite true really, you dont get anything out of it irl, well I spose you get a good feeling when you achieve your current goal

I started the game back in 2002 and quit every now and then for a couple months at a time it makes you feel alot better when you come back and play for a few months then take a break. Unforunatetly i got all my family attracted to Runescape, all 9 of my cousins play it, mum and dad both play now and then and my aunt plays quite a bit also. But my parents never cared and seeing im at college now they dont really have a say :)

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

My dad is a computer engineer, so he can't really make an excuse because he's on the computer as much as I am.

My mom doesn't know anything about computers, she just uses it for email and I am constantly being asked questions because of my moms lack of knowledge. She will sometimes make me do some chores instead.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

my parents don't care. my dad plays it too.i have to pay for my own membership of give my dad 5k arrow safts :oops:

Lol :lol:

My daughter plays too, and she usually tryes to bribe me to help her with quests (me sitting beside her sipping my coffee and tell her what to do) or give her cool stuff like the others have ("Girl, it isnt funny to just get things, you need to work for them!") by promising me to either "mom I do dishes for like a month!" or "What if I do ALL the chores for like say 2 weeks plus make dinner, you dont have to do a thing?"

Hmmmm wonders if this falls under real life item trading? :oops:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed