Why do scientists believe the Big Bang created the world?

Biabf

Like the title says, why do scientists believe the Big Bang created the world? Do they have any evidence? I do believe in the Big Bang as it sounds more possible than some superhuman clicking his fingers.

To all those that are good at Physics, do scientists have any proof of the Big Bang?

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a theory. There is not proof for it because that would require them having been there at the time. The reason the theory exists is because there's evidence to support it.

Why not look at the wikipedia page for it if you need extensive info?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

There is some evidence..but hey. I'm just gonna live life and when I die, see what happens. I hate trying to grasp the fact of how it was before ..well...anything. It's imposible to do. <.<

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^

lol are you kidding?, they can see the radiation and such from it with hubble, my science teacher also said that they're looking so far back they can see light from it too

besides if the big bang theory is wrong there are plenty of others out there, i read in some books that there might be OTHER UNIVERSES out there

skyeatsairplaneph1.jpg

"In the beginning, God created the Universe.

This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

They don't... it's all just a conspiracy!! We all know that genetically enhanced monkeys used bannanas to knock about the biggest sun in the universe while playing ping pong in their living room YES IM HYPER :ohnoes:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

lol are you kidding?, they can see the radiation and such from it with hubble, my science teacher also said that they're looking so far back they can see light from it too

besides if the big bang theory is wrong there are plenty of others out there, i read in some books that there might be OTHER UNIVERSES out there

So pretty much, your objective is not to believe in something, but to not believe in something. I honestly cannot see the point in that, because really, what do you have to live for? Pretty much nothing from what i got from your post. And what do "might be" other universes have to do with the big bang theory?

I really don't get why scientists believe in the big bang theory, and in reality, i don't think many actually do. In my opinion, there has to be a creator, and i've already decided who that is for me.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Sorry to those who don't believe in the Big Bang thoery. I just find it intresting how small we are (saw the thread the other day about the size of earth compared to some suns).

Thanks everyone.

slushee, I am not a scientists, I wanted to know how they thought of the theory.

Wikipedia is alright but they go into way much detail. I just wanted a brief explanation about it.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Science=Religion+1

Did you know that there are 2 creation stories in the bible?

SO, if people take the bible as fact, then they say they believe 2 different things!

I used to have a link to my school's project to provide fresh water to a Kenyan Village, but the sig police changed the link to say something, which, if followed, leads to an "ahem" adult website. Let me ask you. Which do you think is worse?

So pretty much, your objective is not to believe in something, but to not believe in something. I honestly cannot see the point in that, because really, what do you have to live for? Pretty much nothing from what i got from your post. And what do "might be" other universes have to do with the big bang theory?

I really don't get why scientists believe in the big bang theory, and in reality, i don't think many actually do. In my opinion, there has to be a creator, and i've already decided who that is for me.

Does it really matter which way we believe at all? We are perfectly capable of living our lives fully without caring about trivial stuff such as this ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Does it really matter which way we believe at all? We are perfectly capable of living our lives fully without caring about trivial stuff such as this ;)

I know you mean well runesmithie, but by that logic, we'd still be way back in the 1800's. I mean hell, why would something so small that we can't see it ever matter? How could that possibly do anything for us? It's so small! Surely we can keep on living our lives fully without caring about trivial stuff such as that!

And boom, all of chemistry and basically all of modern technology goes down the tube.

It's part of knowledge and learning. Knowing/Learning about our universe is probably the only concrete reason for living that I know of.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Firstly, Nothingless doesn't exist as a thing, so it doesn't need to come from anywhere, nothingness can exist anywhere.

Second of all, the theory of the Big Bang has been revised, and scientists will probably never be able to prove what started it, but heres a theory i read up on.

It ties in with something called the string theory, later re-known as the M Theory.

The theory works on the basic principles that, everything is made up of strings, some looped, some closed, some open,it gets a lot more complex but this is just the basics, anyway strings are microscopical atoms, which are so small we can't see them even with the worlds best microscope.

To cut a long story short, its been in debate for over 20 years, and finally everybody agrees that M Theory is correct, M theory states that there are 10 dimensions in space, space, time, and 7 other tightly curled up dimensions which are unknown to us.

Inside certain strings, an entire universe is held, all of its matter, all of its weight, size, space, is held within a single molecule string, smaller than the smallest thing ever seen by humans.

Now this theory leaves everyone astonished because it means, inside everything, is a universe contained within itself, so whats happened now is, theres hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of parallel universes, stacked up against each other, as strings.

Now when 2 strings collide, its thought that it can create a power output which is so vast and powerful, it can create / merge into a completely new universe, thus explaining where the matter and the atoms came from.

Another fact which further solidifies M Theory is Super Massive Black Holes, i can't remember the details to be honest, but it states that Gravity in this universe, is absoloutely nothing compared to what it is in other universes, ( this part is explained by supergravity ).

Anyway, they think that holes in space and time, and strings, have caused gravity to leak out of this universe, leaving it in a reasonably weak state, and supermassive black holes are an anomalie of this, travelling between universes.

Anyway so that explains how the Big Bang Happened, obviously i can't or anyone can't explain what happened before that, but i think maybe as humans we can't comprehend something being infinite, although you seem to be able to accept God Being infinite, so why cant you accept the possibility of this theory

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

I know you mean well runesmithie, but by that logic, we'd still be way back in the 1800's. I mean hell, why would something so small that we can't see it ever matter? How could that possibly do anything for us? It's so small! Surely we can keep on living our lives fully without caring about trivial stuff such as that!

And boom, all of chemistry and basically all of modern technology goes down the tube.

It's part of knowledge and learning. Knowing/Learning about our universe is probably the only concrete reason for living that I know of.

I should have specified that those who want to understand it can go ahead, but those that flame others who don't really care each way should understand this viewpoint as well :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

well think about this..

if there is an all mighty Creater (i.e. God, Allah) couldnt he have created the universe with the BIG BANG? maybe it can all be explained with logic so we can understand how the forces of the the universe or the divine work.

Sorry, but if that was true, it would be in the Bible, Qu'ran, etc...

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

well think about this..

if there is an all mighty Creater (i.e. God, Allah) couldnt he have created the universe with the BIG BANG? maybe it can all be explained with logic so we can understand how the forces of the the universe or the divine work.

Sorry, but if that was true, it would be in the Bible, Qu'am, etc...

It's the Qu'ran and the Torah. Well, it can be true without being mentioned in the holy books.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

well think about this..

Sorry, but if that was true, it would be in the Bible, Qu'am, etc...

It's the Qu'ran and the Torah. Well, it can be true without being mentioned in the holy books.

Yes, because the holy books were written by mortals. But then why tell us an entirely different story of creation? They claim 'God' talked to them (the burning bush), interacted with them (stones into manaa I think). If he interacted/talked to them, then they'd know the true story.

And that's were it contradicts itself.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

well think about this..

Sorry, but if that was true, it would be in the Bible, Qu'ran, etc...

The Bible doesn't explain any method. It just states;

"God said, Let there be... and there was" (paraphrase).

It doesn't say;

"God said, Let there be... and this thing collided with this which produced reaction A - reaction A then..." etc. Method is left ambiguous, which means if science finds a "method", it doesn't necessarily refute the Bible.

You're assuming that because method isn't mentioned, that there was no method apart from God speaking, which might not necessarily be the case.

lol if u think Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, ect were prophets and messiahs what about all of the other ones? there were many prophets before them and not all of them are as famous as them.

they could be just some people gone mad. the bible, quaran(sp?), toran, ect was written by mere mortals. i hear voices sometimes too but i dont say its God, Allah, Yaweh(sp?). i mean hell if ur gonna critisize([bleep] sp?) others beleifs u might as well take some [cabbage] urself. i can write a book and call it holy too.

but [bleep] it, if u think there is a Creator, good for you. if u dont think so, good for u.

how can scientist beleive the big bang theory? cause they can if they want.

how can ppl beleive in a Creator? cause they can if they want.

Kant, Notorious_Ice has a write to his beleif. what annoys me about religion is ppl r so [bleep]ing narrow minded about it. hell im not religious but i respect ppls beliefs.

back to the topic, the big bang is a theory. there is tons of evidence to support it.

but to religion theres not evidence to support the fact of a Creator.

to either arguments, the absence of evidence isnt the evidence of absence.

soulthresher.png

Kant, Notorious_Ice has a write to his beleif. what annoys me about religion is ppl r so * narrow minded about it. hell im not religious but i respect ppls beliefs.

Notorious provided no reasoning behind his belief. That is what I call narrow minded.