When and where did you first start playing Runescape?

Poopingman

For me, it was in 8th grade computer class back in February 2001. I saw some kid looking at the site and checked it out myself. Naturally, games weren't allowed, so I had to be quick naming my character...Poopingman was the result. It eventually took over most of our grade, EVERYONE played it back then. I'm the lone survivor of that group that still plays.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

My story is similar... In 9th grade, a group of my classmates and I played games on the computers in the lab before school. One morning, we were playing some random game, and my friend said, "Why aren't you playing RuneScape?" ...and the rest is history. I'm also the lone survivor... RuneScape got blocked soon after. :lol:

EDIT: This was either Sept. or Oct. of 2004... almost 2 years :)

- Np Tyler

great idea for a thread brings back memories. i played like just after classic came out in like 2001 i think i started for the same reason you did, saw someone on it but i hated classic. then about a year and a half ago all my friends used to talk about was this and naturally i joined it so i could talk to them about it. at the moment only 4 of the original about 12 people still play

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

great idea for a thread brings back memories. i played like just after classic came out in like 2001 i think i started for the same reason you did, saw someone on it but i hated classic. then about a year and a half ago all my friends used to talk about was this and naturally i joined it so i could talk to them about it. at the moment only 4 of the original about 12 people still play

Ha, yeah. Brings back lots of memories of times when adamantine was the best equipment available, and being past level 40 was a landmark.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

It was at my parents house in april 2001, my friend played this game sometimes at here and first i looked like "oh what a crappy game" then i made up my first account Obu86 (now playing with it again:))

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

i started playing back in 2002. I have had around 7 pking accounts since then, runescape only interests my pking, rcing, and cooking and fishing.

i started by my brotehr finding the game and he was amazed at it and now here i ma iwth my brother watching me saying what a stupid game.

Can't really remember when, 1 or 2 years ago, I was meeting my friend at his house to go to a party, and he was just closing up this game, and I asked "What game was that?". And that question changed my life :P

99 Slayer since August 2007.

i started in this same house, this same room, this same chair over 5 years ago yet i still play from the same place

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

ahh remember it vividly... start of 2005 in 9th grade science class two of my friends were talking about it. After a few more days of them talking I got curious and find the site. in 3months time they both stop playing but I still continued. Although it seems like ages ago since i first arrived on tutorial.

bacchanaliankq6.png

In 2003 I think. I saw some ppl playing on computer in the library (school research only :-w ) and am sole survivor of group that plays I curse my parents for going away over easter and missing bunny ears and not letting me play on halloween :wall: :wall: :wall:

Mikel2311-Saris_night.gif

funnysigzl9.jpg

Dragon Drops: 2 x Dragon Legs, Dragon Spear

hmm, well lets see. My friend told me about it in like 2002 but I never joined. It sounded like humbo jumbo. (Sorry Runescape I like you now. :3> ) But then somehow I was at home and I decided to just go web surfing. Then it hit me to try Runescape, TWO YEARS LATER! How the heck do I remember something from two years ago? Well I decided to try it out, couldn't fit the name I wanted in and I was stuck with Mirrorforced. Well I think everyone knows the story after that. :thumbsup:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I was 10 in 2002 of january i was at my little cuzis b day he was turning 7

he showed me how to play i was young and stupid so i put my name and 123 i stopped playing for 2 months and he got hacked i was lvl 65 now i have a new charater he is lvl 52

magic magic magic

It started a year ago. Several of the kids in my class were talking about it, and I asked one of my friends, and she told me all about runescape.

So, I went home, started an account, and I started playing. I didn't really play much at first, but by January, I was hooked!

Feb 2001, when I got bored of random game and free online game. I searched the web and stumped across RS and I found that it's "decent" game so I kept on playing because it kept on improving and turning bigger.

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

I first saw runescape when my cousin was playing it way back in classic, like right after it started. He played only like once ,but forgot what the name of the game was when I asked him a few weeks later. So for like 4 years I was looking for Runescape. I found the website Miniclip from one of my friends and found Runescape. Now I knew the game my cousin played and this one were different (because this was rs2) but i played this for about 6-7 months when i became curious of the jagex website and searched it all over and found classic (about a month before all the bannings and it went p2p) and played it for like an hour. I knew I found the game was cousin played but was content with rs2.

wow i wonder if anyone will read all that 8-)

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

summer of 2001

!Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+