:: tripsis :: 99 Woodcutting!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trip, if you are going to train summoning, you should try out penguin points. I went from 47-60 summoning with penguin points alone and it didn't take too long. There was no combat involved.

Just go to world 60 and join either riods2525 or riods2020 clan chat. Then just wait until people start giving out the locations of the penguins. Find them all (follow the people if you aren't sure) and then click on the penguins to spy on them. There are 10 each week that you can find.

Optionally, you could also get magic gear and a lot of runes for ice burst spells, then go to (Waterbirth Isle) the rock lobsters and run by a lot of them until they all attack you. Run back to the entrance behind a rock and then wait for them to pile up. When they pile up, start ice bursting them. This is supposed to be a very easy (though expensive) way to train summoning very quickly. I've heard estimates of about 700-1000 crimson charms each day from this method.

Hope that helps! ::'

Thank you for your suggestion! :) That sounds very fast. However, I would like to level slayer a bit so I think I will try out that first. Should it prove to be too tedious, I may try out this method so thank you! :)

Hey Tripsis, good to see you back playing again!

Good luck with your goals, you've shown you're able to acheive them from previous ones :thumbsup:

Thank you Nabbagad! It's good to see you!

wow..an A in calc ap ab.. thats insane lol..im taking that now and have a D, almost a C, and everyone in the class has a C or under except for 1 person lol

Wow! :ohnoes: Maybe I just have an easy teacher :ohnoes:

Good luck on runecrafting =)!!

Thank you so much! :D

---------------------------------

So I haven't gotten too much done yet because bouwzie inspired me to try out Stealing Creations. I currently have:

• [*:22q41i3i]361k gp (lol!)

[*:22q41i3i]16,796 pure essence

[*:22q41i3i]100 Stealing Creations points

I spent most of Sunday and Monday runecrafting to buy more essence, so that's where most of my money went. Then last night and this afternoon I've just been playing a few games of Stealing Creations. Then, last night, Dork and I threw around some numbers and if our sources are accurate and our calculations are correct, it would actually be faster to get 25 million construction xp without SC hammers, because I have 91+ runecrafting. Someone in Help & Advice said that each SC hammer gives about 34k construction xp and someone else said that oak planks is 7.3 gp per xp (sounds about right, but I didn't do the math myself). Assuming both of those numbers are right, it's possible for me to 'save' about 120k construction xp per hour, by getting enough SC points for a little over 3 hammers per hour. Now 'saving' 120k construction xp is saving 876k gp per hour, but excluding the price of pure essence, I can make 1340k - 1410k gp per hour. Obviously including the price of essence is a little less profit.

Then I have to consider: if I don't use SC hammers, the process will be more boring but more rewarding (obtaining 99 runecrafting, or close to it).

So I don't know, it's kind of a lot to consider. I don't think, at this time, I will plan to go either route. I will probably do a mixture of the two: runecraft as much as possible, then break for some SC when I get bored, etc. Dork and I are also considering hunter (chins) as an alternate means of moneymaking. 99 hunter seems like an easy/quick enough task and I don't know if these numbers are still accurate, but someone once said that getting to 99 can get you ~35m gp in chins.

You can probably expect me to engage in a variety activities in the upcoming weeks, to prevent myself from burning out. 25 million construction xp is a HUGE goal, but one that I want very badly. Getting there will require a lot of repetitive, monotonous work that will likely drive me close to insanity. But at the same time, I don't want to pace myself so much that this goal takes me like 6 months to accomplish. I want to get it done in a relatively quick, but painless fashion. In order to do that, I will have to look for other ways to make money than just PURE runecrafting, although it will remain as my main source of income.

Thanks for reading :) Off to runecraft! My goal is to make at least 4k nats Monday through Thursday, and leave the weekends open to either more runecrafting (~15k+ nats) or other activities (maybe some hunter this weekend).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I redid the front page of my blog today to reflect my new goals. I'm not quite sure if I like it, but it will probably stay there for a while :XD: I plan on creating a banner for my 25m construction xp goal, since I have one for farming and the remodel. Plus I'm a banner geek <3:

Since my last post I made 4k nats and did a round of herbs, plus planted a spirit tree and a calquat. I then sold a few seeds that I will no longer be using (since right now my herb farming focus is gp - snapdragons - and not xp - dwarf weeds). That brought my total gp up to almost 3900k, so I put in an offer for a full set of guthans on the GE for the lowest price. I kind of doubt that I'll actually get it for that little, but I might as well try :P If I don't, tomorrow I'll have made enough gp to buy one for medium price, plus a cannon.

Heading off to bed soon :)

EDIT: So that last statement was clearly a lie ^^. It's 1:30 am and I'm still not in bed. I made 4k more nats tonight, bringing my daily total u to 8k. I bought my self a cannon and still have that offer up on the GE for Guthans, but I moved it up to medium price instead of minimum. Dork and I are going to go check out the runecrafting guild now, as soon as I can find myself a water talisman.

Random note: 96k xp to 94 runecrafting! \' But we're going to turn in talismans so hopefully soon I'll be 83k away! Ideally I'll get that by the end of the week, but we'll see :) Dork and I kind of have a lot of non-runecrafting things planned. Tomorrow we're going to do Smoking Kills, I think it's called, to get the awesome slayer helmet. And I still have to do the prerequisite quest so I'm going to do that too. Then I'll make 4k nats to buy cannonballs and then start on slayer! Then later in the week I'll probably do some summoning and hunter. But I'm looking forward to that runecrafting level! I've been 93 for too long!!!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

good luck with you house and con, glad to see your finally finishing off the farming goal you set a while ago ::'

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

It's 51k exp for ever sc hammer, but saves you half the price. Cost you like 45m for 13-25m, or it'll cost you like 90m. Of course, it's like 75 hours of SC, but you can farm inbetween SC games.

Just a little help there.

good luck with you house and con, glad to see your finally finishing off the farming goal you set a while ago ::'

Thank you very much! :D

Wow, very nice blog! Hard, but good goals, you'll make it for sure.

And congrats on your former achievements!:)

Loffe

Thank you! I hope I make it, hehe :)

Only 34k xp per hammer? :o I get around 60k xp per hammer, so 500 oak planks used, instead of 1000. Perhaps it changed though, I don't know. I'll test it out tomorrow then.

I heard it was 34k regular xp per hammer, so 68k xp once it's doubled :ohnoes:

It's 51k exp for ever sc hammer, but saves you half the price. Cost you like 45m for 13-25m, or it'll cost you like 90m. Of course, it's like 75 hours of SC, but you can farm inbetween SC games.

Just a little help there.

That brings us to a total of three different sets of information! :ohnoes: It does save me half the price, but it's also only half the runecrafting xp, which is something that I do want.

Posted Image

I started slaying for charms today and got a few random levels in the process:

picture20hy1.png

picture21cq0.png

Tonight I may make some nats and use up some of my charms.

Posted Image

Epic ::'

Seems as if you've really put a lot into this already, which, makes it more likely you'll stay :P

I hope so! :mrgreen: Thanks for posting :)

EDIT: Finished using most of my charms (ran out of seconds with ~50 charms left) and ended up at level 35:

picture26vv9.png

Also 110 combat now :P

Posted Image

WAAW You've got madskills and have lots of time on your hands!! lol

I was amazed to see the the date of the thread set back to october 2006 lol and in about 1 and half years you've gained many many goals!!

Congratz and goodluck on more :D

~Calzer~

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

I was amazed to see the the date of the thread set back to october 2006 lol and in about 1 and half years you've gained many many goals!!

~Calzer~

You're right, I do have a ton of time on my hands :lol: Thank you for your support! :D

-------------------------------------

Today I finished my fire giants task that I started last night and then Dork and I did the Smoking Kills quest:

picture2fe9.png

Afterwards, I decided to use up some charms and went from 35 - 37 summoning and achieved 111 combat:

picture9xh0.png

Posted Image

~Calzer~

You're right, I do have a ton of time on my hands :lol: Thank you for your support! :D

-------------------------------------

Today I finished my fire giants task that I started last night and then Dork and I did the Smoking Kills quest:

picture2fe9.png

Afterwards, I decided to use up some charms and went from 35 - 37 summoning and achieved 111 combat:

picture9xh0.png

Well done my friend, seems like your settling back into the swings of things and the changes in Runescape from when you left it 1 year ago,

well done on the quest, 37 summoning and 111 combat,

keep at it and you come up on top,

good luck with your future goals and i wish you all the best with them :thumbsup: ,

Miss

tipitsignatureav7.jpg

Private Chat is allways ON, So please feel free to add me, I allways enjoy a good conversation and Im also a very good listener.

goodluck with epic con goal :D and rc aswell, ofcourse.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Well done my friend, seems like your settling back into the swings of things and the changes in Runescape from when you left it 1 year ago,

well done on the quest, 37 summoning and 111 combat,

keep at it and you come up on top,

good luck with your future goals and i wish you all the best with them :thumbsup: ,

Miss

Thank you very much Miss War :) It definitely does feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things. More than that actually, considering that in my old "swing" I never would have imagined doing quests or gaining combat levels :lol: Thank you for your continuous support :)

Keep it up! Get 94 RC and you get a pack of sour skittles!

:o!!!! *runecrafts*

I actually only have to use 6.7k essence (13,400 nature runes) to get 94. Maybe I should do that tomorrow *ponders*

goodluck with epic con goal :D and rc aswell, ofcourse.

Thank you walka! I appreciate it :)

------------------------------

EDIT: Just made 4k nats :)

For Level 94, you need 42,119 XP

4.6k essence to go! I'll probably try to make 4k more nats tonight (2k essence).

Posted Image

Today I woke up, made 5k nature runes, then started on an Abarrant task but never finished :lol: I bought 500 more super energy potions, just to stock up (have a little over 1,000 now) and about 10k essence. Once I'm done with slayer/summoning, I'm going to sell my Guthans/other combat supplies and stock up on essence. Even though I'll be incredibly tempted to buy some planks, I know I'll thank myself later if I just go crazy with buying essence.

Then I poked around Tip.it for a bit and went out to dinner. Then I came home and got 94 runecrafting and now Dork and I are going to do some hunter for a bit!

[hide=Two Screenshots]picture12wo8.png

picture15cr3.png[/hide]

Posted Image

gratz on rc level :o i cant stand runecrafting. make me wana punch someone

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Keep it up hope you can achive your goals when you plan! :mrgreen:

O and can you put a bank screenshot on your blog? :pray:

Nice house btw

jesuspur3.png

jesuspur3.png - 7300 trout till achived!! \'

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

gratz on rc level :o i cant stand runecrafting. make me wana punch someone

Thank you very much! :D Combat makes ME want to punch someone! :lol:

Keep it up hope you can achive your goals when you plan! :mrgreen:

O and can you put a bank screenshot on your blog? :pray:

Nice house btw

jesuspur3.png

jesuspur3.png - 7300 trout till achived!! \:D/

Thank you! :) I'm not sure if you want to see my bank though :lol: It's really not impressive at all. I use all my money towards skills so it's not like I have a hoard of awesome items in there :thumbsup:

Wow, your doing amazing. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you Sentry! Another familiar face :)

Posted Image

OK! thanks anyways!

same with the combat thing btw...

keep it up!

jesuspur3.png

5100 tuna till achieved - jesuspur3.png

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......