Is warrior,ranger, or mage the best?

swagcake

Put it this way. If you were a pker and you had the choice of a 99 skill it would be range all the way. They're unstoppable 1 vs. 1 in the wild and no mage is going to stop them!

Warrior could but then you need to train 99 in 3 stats and your not always guarenteed a win against a high lvl pure ranger. :wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way. If you were a pker and you had the choice of a 99 skill it would be range all the way. They're unstoppable 1 vs. 1 in the wild and no mage is going to stop them!

Warrior could but then you need to train 99 in 3 stats and your not always guarenteed a win against a high lvl pure ranger. :wink:

Exactly. In F2P, in terms of accuracy, range is by far the best choice. Combined with it's speed, it's lethal.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

if ur f2p then warrior is best if ur p2p i say probally mage caz of acients

I definatly agree with this statement. And since I'm a f2p I've made 2 warrior pures and they seem to be better and cheaper to lvl then my mage one. \'

You must be on crack if you think that meleers are the best in f2p, tank rangers destroy anyone and everyone at their own level and usually 10+/- as well.

tank rangers got owned by full rune...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Possibly range for the accuracy, but warriors have higher hits...and mage is not so brilliant in f2p when you get to the higher levels, like combat 70+ but they are good at lower levels like 30-40ish because if they have a mage of 50 they can hit like 14s, yet the warrior they are fiting may only be able to hit 9s or 10s.

They come with their own advantages & disadvantages.So you have to choose accordingly which you prefer over other.

I prefer Pure Range.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

I'm guessing that you're f2p since you put this topic up in the F2P board.

I'd say Melee=Range>>Mage, range comes in awesomely handy at such a low price. As for mage, the max you'd need is 55 which isn't so hard to get.

RsN: Arcade

if ur f2p then warrior is best if ur p2p i say probally mage caz of acients

I definatly agree with this statement. And since I'm a f2p I've made 2 warrior pures and they seem to be better and cheaper to lvl then my mage one. \'

You must be on crack if you think that meleers are the best in f2p, tank rangers destroy anyone and everyone at their own level and usually 10+/- as well.

tank rangers got owned by full rune...

Lol :shame: So wrong, any ranger with 40-70 defence and 80+ range owns full runes easily...they hit way more, can hit high and barely get hit.

Angelic_Whim.png

Melee: Easy to train, at least in a fish, cook & fight cycle, as no other supplies are needed, but unless an iron armoured pure, carries a lot of expensive kit.

Mage: The natural predator of the armoured warrior. F2P mage kit is cheap, but supplies are expensive. On the other hand, high runecrafting makes safespot firestrike training a breeze.

Ranged: Perhaps the least popular in F2P, though possibly better than mage, though arrow stealers are a pain. Though basic supplies cannot be made, there are several monsters which usually offer a positive return on arrows.

General playing: Melee, Range and Magic

Pking f2p: Range (tank ranging with defence)

Pking p2p: Magic/Melee (teleblocks, snares, dds specs and whip or Ice barrages and dds)

Skilling: Mage (Hit the highest at low levels, teleport functions)

Merchanting: Mage (High alch's, safety device ie telepoting away for danger)

That's all I can think of now.

MAK ^_^

All 3 have their good things and bad things

Personally, all 3 is what i like but if i had to choose one, it would be mage, hit 16 at combat 32-40, i'm 89 with 72 str, i hit 15-16 now as melee..

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

In my opinion, mage is the better choice. It is much more versatile.

However, hybreds are very good as well, just cost a bit more.

Att: MAX

Str: MAX

Def: 1

Mage: MAX

Range: MAX

Prayer: 1

what's the point of 99 mage if you can't use ancients?

Def that low?? :lol: You're kidding right? IF your str and att are maxed you better have at least 43-46 defense or have fun wearing full iron!

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

i think a little balance is good... wen i was like combat 20, i was mostly a warrior, no mage or range exp... but once i got to elvarg the dragon quest ( the part were u have to pay 10k... ) i had to train magic... after i beat elvarg, i started to train my range. now i think i hav a balance-

att: 53

str: 56

def: 50

mage: 33

range: 40

prayer: 37

hp: 52

i would prefer melee over all the others tho... but thats just my opinion... ::'

I'd say warrior, because on F2P, you can hit some pretty high numbers with a fair strength level. If you just have a good magic/range level on F2P, the highest you could ever hit is 16 and 14-16 respectively.

With warrior, those who have 80+ strength could hit 17s-18s and higher... and they can somewhat own the rangers/mages in the wildy.

But don't take my word for it.

You have to consider that Mages and Rangers have very high accuracy compared to Warriors of similar Combat Levels, who have relatively low accuracy. A Mage or Ranger might hit "14, 14, 13, 0, 10, 16, 0, 6" While a Warrior might hit "0, 0, 4, 0, 18, 0, 0, 19, 0".

Yeah, I thought someone might say something. The reason I said "But don't take my word for it" is because I don't PK, so I don't know too much about that kinda stuff. -_-"

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

They all of pros and cons. It really depends on what situation you are in. For example, if your fighting blue dragons, some prefer to range than melee since they won't get hit. For pking, it depends, some enjoy to mix them like have melee weapon while using ancients or something. It really depends on your position and ofcourse how much money you have. Melee have weapons that you buy once and can use forever or a long time. Range requires arrows and you have to ipck them up, but you also lose some while shooting them. Mage uses runes, that might cost a lot, it's about 5k for each barrage spell, you don't get the runes back, so hopefully your willingly to spend a lot of money. Also if you died you would only keep 3 out of your 1k runes or etc and same with arrows. With a melee weapon, if it is the top 3 items, you would keep it with your armour etc.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

tank rangers are the best against most people, but to start training one,it takes a lot of time and you'll really need to start off with enoguh combat level for you to train def fast because training def with range is as slow as hell. Rangers with over 85 ranged and 70 def are pretty good in deep wildy and death matches.

range SUCKS against melle armor but pawns all other clothing

bicycleboy58.png

If the armour worked to what is meant to be worn with the style of attack, (d-hide with range, metal armour with mellee, and robes with mage) then I think range is the best. The best solution would probably be range armour with a mellee weapon. This would give you a decent defense, and a mellee weapons would be affective against all types. For good measures, I would probably carry a couple of bind runes with me.

To sum it all up, I think that a hybrid of all three would be the best, although that would make the character an unpure.

(Well about my studies from all the time i have pked i got an answer)

Mages owns untill like combat 55-60 f2p

Because They only can do fireblast they only do 16's they rn't so good in higher levels, but combined with some def then they could be something.

Rangers own from 60 to 75 f2p

Rangers can hit more then mages at higher level, but at low level they would lose against many things.

Warriors at level 75+ with very high atk and str owns everything, but it takes so much time to train those levels needed so it isn't worth it.

Well if u have very high str and atk u don't need to worry about the mages. Just have like 80 str, 80 atk and 40-60 def and u will own =).

Well thats what i think.

Lol i am member here. <.<

tank rangers are the best against most people, but to start training one,it takes a lot of time and you'll really need to start off with enoguh combat level for you to train def fast because training def with range is as slow as hell. Rangers with over 85 ranged and 70 def are pretty good in deep wildy and death matches.

range SUCKS against melle armor but pawns all other clothing

:shame: ROFL, range owns melee armour :roll:

Angelic_Whim.png