Daily Dag King Events! Team, get ready!

And to the people ( person) bashing odd for taking that 4th axe: gimme a break. Lee clearly stated what the rules of sharing are. If anyone had a problem with the rules u should have said so beforehand. Not moan about injustice after.

Furthermore odd effectivly taught all of u how to dk ( to my knowledge), either himself or via the ppl he teached. Turning on him becasue of a measily 400k share is just so ungrateful. Specially becasue he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Wait, let me get this straight- everyone left and Odd solo'd for a while, which can be a pain with water dudes pummeling you. So he gets an axe, on his own, and teles out. And for some reason other people wanted a share of his axe?

Lol.

I wonder what that reason could be :ohnoes: But ye from the information i have thats what went down.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to the people ( person) bashing odd for taking that 4th axe: gimme a break. Lee clearly stated what the rules of sharing are. If anyone had a problem with the rules u should have said so beforehand. Not moan about injustice after.

Furthermore odd effectivly taught all of u how to dk ( to my knowledge), either himself or via the ppl he teached. Turning on him becasue of a measily 400k share is just so ungrateful. Specially becasue he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Wait, let me get this straight- everyone left and Odd solo'd for a while, which can be a pain with water dudes pummeling you. So he gets an axe, on his own, and teles out. And for some reason other people wanted a share of his axe?

Lol.

Yes, Very Immature and Pixel Huggish, Don't you think. <.<

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Bluefire223, Level 102 and growing. Im 80 ranged and dont care to be a mage or ranger. I like ranging the best. Im very trustworthy. If you need references, please contact cruzio or cashguy1. They are my main dk partners but sometimes they arent on. I'd love to help you get a red lee. :)

Wow, Leesters' style of splitting seems to have caught some controversy.

As somebody who has been going to Dag kings since they're creation, and has been a proud partner with Leesters ever since he paid 4.1m to the TET in order to take me as a slave, I have to admit that his method of splitting is one of the best, and most fair that I have seen.

I can't list 'em all, but I'll go over some other methods and why I think what Leesters does is more fair.

1: Everyone for himself -- Good if everybody has an equal chance of getting a drop, but this is not often the case. This method of splitting is almost always unfair to somebody, if not all but 1 or 2 in the trip.

2: Split between players of different styles (e.g. mages split their drops with each other, rangers split drops with each other, etc): This is usually fair, but can cause a LOT of discontent. I've gone with teams who chose to do this while maging alone (aka I had nobody to split with), and got 3-4 good drops while the rangers and meleers got nothing, or maybe 1 item, to split between 2-3 people. This caused a lot of bickering and since a lot of times one Dag King will drop a lot more than another, it can result in some pretty unfair trips, considering that without the rest of the team, there's no way you would've gotten all those kills.

Splitting between whoever is in the room at the time is really good because it's more united. Everybody's part of a team and it's a lot more fun when nobody's feeling resentful because they're not getting a share of the loot. Also, I think it's fair to only split with people there, because it gives incentive to stay as long as possible. Usually the team with Leesters will try to help each other out with extra antis, pray pots, etc, that way nobody usually leaves way before the rest of the team.

But if something happens and the team has to teleport, why should the last man standing have to share all his drops he gets in the 20 minutes he stays after his team has left?

In a closing note, I have this for ya [ForbiddenSite]

94strengthfd6.png

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

2: Split between players of different styles (e.g. mages split their drops with each other, rangers split drops with each other, etc): This is usually fair, but can cause a LOT of discontent. I've gone with teams who chose to do this while maging alone (aka I had nobody to split with), and got 3-4 good drops while the rangers and meleers got nothing, or maybe 1 item, to split between 2-3 people. This caused a lot of bickering and since a lot of times one Dag King will drop a lot more than another, it can result in some pretty unfair trips, considering that without the rest of the team, there's no way you would've gotten all those kills.

Splitting between whoever is in the room at the time is really good because it's more united. Everybody's part of a team and it's a lot more fun when nobody's feeling resentful because they're not getting a share of the loot. Also, I think it's fair to only split with people there, because it gives incentive to stay as long as possible. Usually the team with Leesters will try to help each other out with extra antis, pray pots, etc, that way nobody usually leaves way before the rest of the team.

I completly agree that splitting between all team members eliminates the resentment (and whining about ur bad luck) factor which a lot of people seem to resort to when the other class get more then their own. But inspite of that, its my opinion that the decision about how to split drops should be the mages call. Since his/ her runs cost around 500k more per trip then the range/ melee i think its fair to leave the decision with them.

If we look at all possible unbalanced drop scenarios(becasue im bored and have nothing more intellegent to do):

1.)If rangers get more then the mage ( or rangers > mages) , and the mage decides beforehand to split BY CLASS, he only has himself to blame.

2.) If mage > rangers, and the mage decides beforehand to split BY CLASS, the rangers dont really have anything to resent( and cry about), for the following reasons:

a.) Mage went to a slower world to mage for the rangers

b.) Mage gets less drops, less kills, less mage exp per hour

then he would have if he would solo mage in a fast world

c.)Mage will not be be bothered with rex spawns at all if he solo mages

Conclusion: by maging for the rangers, mage is actually doing rangers a favour; he is sacrificing his time for his ranger friends. Its moronic to resent someone who is doing u a favour...

3.)If mage > rangers , and the mage decides beforehand to split BETWEEN ALL, the rangers shouldnt have a problem since the mage is doing them a favour in the first place.( same arguments as in scenario Nmb. 2)

4.) If rangers > mage, and the mage decides beforehand to split BETWEEN ALL, the mage has only himself to blame for deciding to share in this manner.

To sum it up only the second scenario creates some problems ( and 3rd to a minor extend). But becasue the mage does a lot more work for the melee/ range team (holds rex at mage spot, grabs rex straight after his spawn, suffers from low respawn rate) then the range melee team does for him ( runs round up and down the room is eratic fashion) and becasue of the fact that his run costs 500k gp more this problems are more or less quickly solved when dealing with mature, semi-intellegent players.

Either way of splitting drops is good with me though, just as long as the sharing rules are established before entering the lair. Again i wrote this outta boredom, not becasue i give a damn.

I wonder how many people are gooing to read this?

i appoligize if i mis-understood :oops:

when i read it i thought it meant if you die you loose out on any split and any items you lost too.

i do not king like this. we do it very different then anyone i have talked too or any guide i have seen, with only 2-3 people on a 1800+ world. we have a very high kill count per trip, and lures are not a factor. in fact most end up teleing or dying :lol:

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

Wow. I missed all this.

I agree with Odd. Splitting between the whole team is more united. Everyone comes away happy. No regrets, no resentment, and the "team" acts as a team throughout the trip. The rangers root for the magers and help them out. The magers root for the rangers and help them out.

Never have I done it this way and ended up with anything but happy DKers at the end of the trip.

I wouldn't do it any other way. And althouth this has been an interesting discussion, I doubt any of this team that has experienced it would either.

No Controversy.

By the way, I got my Phat. So, thank you to the team for all of your skills and quality Dking.

And hopefully, everyones friends list is a little easier to find a good quality DK team when the urge arises.

Red Party Hat in the bank. Um... woot. :P

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Gratz on that red phat :D .

Too bad i couldn't've dked with u :(

blamin timezones bigtime :lol:

Fire cape - 10th attempt - 28/10/06

94 Magic Achieved December 26th 2006|99 Magic Achieved January 20th 2007

illidan+98.png

Jack and Jill went up the hill

Heya leesters! I thought this thread was dead [that's why i made that thread a lil bit ago]. I'd like to start going to DKs again as soon as i reacquire my guthans armour. Naturally I will be maging, seeing as that's the only field i'm semi-proficient at. So sign me up for the list; however, it will still be a while before I will attend. So I will let you know when i am ready to begin going ASAP.

Thanks Leesters,

Caskade

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

• 2 weeks later...

Kohe333

lvl 124

BORN TO BE HYBRID RANGE/MELEE:D

89 range - currently training up to 99(someday...lol)

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

Ah, everyone is getting the itch again.

Including myself.

I haven't been to DK for weeks, and I need money. Really really bad.

Everyone, feel free to use the team for trips this weekend, as I'm gonig to be way to busy with two other events, plus my own RS wedding.

But expect this topic to be renamed, and rebumped following this weekend.

And I'll be looking for trips. Keep an eye out.

Happy hunting, team! See ya after the weekend.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Get ready boys! Its time to start DKing again.

Starting tomorrow night (Wednesday) I'll be looking for Dag King trips again! Lets make some money!

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Get ready boys! Its time to start DKing again.

Starting tomorrow night (Wednesday) I'll be looking for Dag King trips again! Lets make some money!

This is gunna ROCK!!! ::'

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Good luck <.<

*sadly banks guthans while pushing sara brews, super restores, super anti poisons, crystal bows, and other dking supplies out of the way, wishing that he had a friend that would take a hint and teach him how to dk*

I like milk!

fishing.gif