people scared of p mods?

alien_slof

Why be nervous around us?

You have no idea how much stuff I ignore because I understand the context of what was happening to someone when they said something a bit off color.

I focus on the scammers, spammers, trust gamers and jerks - they are the ones, imho, that ruin the game for the rest of us.

I don't think I've reported or muted someone that didn't flagrantly break the rules in the months I've been a pmod, and to be honest with you, the majority of pmods I've run into - before and after I've become one - have the same attitude towards the game.

I get way more thank you's from other players when I've muted some obnoxious jerk and/or thief than negative comments. And I can't tell you how often I get approached by people with game questions or whatever. None of them were afraid of me.

Don't be afraid of pmods, unless you're a scammer, spammer or jerk. We are just people that like to play RS like the rest of you.

Sijan

PS - I did discover something I thought was cool today - the joy of seeing a macroer log when I said something. Feel free to point one out and we can share the joy of them logging out together. :)

"Duty, then, is the sublimest word in the English language. If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself." ~ Robert E. Lee

gz_sijan.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this... Usually it's the total opposite.

Same here. :|

+1

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

i treat everyone the same way ( mostly not even paying attention to the chat)

but if i do chat to people, i treat everyone the same. crown or no crown, its still a person behind the pixels..

i even friendly cuss one of the mods down frequently, but he does the same to me and no offense has been taken by either side, he's a human like i am( at least that what he says, you can't be certain these days)

at the end of the day as some have said, as long as you are not breaking the rules don't worry....

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I reckon around 75% of the player-mods around RS today are just a bunch of imature noobs...who just report for no reason what so ever. And im talking about the lvl 80's-

Now I kno there are some good under lvl 80 mods but the others are just annoying.....Normally any1 over lvl 80 and is a mod are good :D

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

im more scared of the level 70s who report you for every chance they get

The wannabe mod the most Dangerous player on the planet :ohnoes:

I take no notice of the player mods, as for J mod i have made friends with one we talk almost every Wednesday i look foward to are chats not the other way around.

I'm not scared, but tend to be a bit nervous around my mod friends. They understand since I know them in rl and tell me to relax. I sometimes accidentaly slip some censored words out that shouldn't be censored and I really hate to get muted...worse than getting banned is what I think.

dude u cant get muted for that.. you can only get muted if u put the words in un censored like fauk u (sorry peoples that was just an example sorry)

bllllonz.png

Step 1: Hound any sort of player for misuse and report them three hundred times.

Step 2: Become a player mod.

Step 3: Abuse your new command.

With the advent of player moderators a lot of immature players do those. I don't blame them (the ones escaping). :-k

An immense flaw, and the source of corrupt pmods. I completely agree. And in that case, shouldn't we be scared of runescape players in general? Everyone has the power to report. The problem is that if you're in a bank with 20 people and mention "google," "internet," or "tippit," someone in there's going to report you. Not because they want to help the community. Because they don't care about messing someone up to increase their reports they send in. People would rather boost their own status and get someone unfairly banned because jagex messes up on screenings sometimes. It's that kind of community that is the fuel for this messed up atmosphere of fear.

Let me add - people aren't afraid of pmods in general. On the whole they're intelligent and got there for a reason. It's just that there's a chance that whatever pmod you're dealing with is incompetent and not level headed. They're rare, but given how the justice system in rs works, anything, even if taken out of context or misconstrued, can be bannable. And half the time they either auto-deny you or don't understand your response to give you a fair chance at justice when they review your appeal.

im not afraid of player mods and have no reson to be. i am polite, respectable, and honourble in nearly all that i do on runescape. the closest thing I do to iritate a player moderator is to say "hail _______ defender of runescape!" when I see one. his typical response is to eaither ignore me or once in a while they get it and say thanks.

so no im not scared of them at all and if you asked me they need a pmod ranking system so the good ones have more power and a temperory asset freez to use on scammers with over a mill on them.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

I try to be xtra cautious. not even joking around about anything. i say hello to them and try not to goof off. (i do that a lot.) I once got muted for joking around about macroing.

if they do that, u can report them back, that's abuse of power and they should be reported to jagex. Anyway, i don't really take toooooo much interest in mods, just try to think of a regular player....doesn't make any sense at all, why would u be begging not to be muted if u weren't doing anything wrong? People usually are huddled 'round mods, not freaking out...well yeah, but in a different way tho

There are people that are afraid of the player mod. I was talking to one of my friends when I was a newer player and I noticed that there was a player mod next to me. Me being the new player that I was, was excited about this and told the person that I was chatting with. His immediate responce to me was to shut up because the mod would mute me if I said anything slightly wrong around him. :-s

People need to learn that the only time you have to fear a player mod is if you are doing something wrong or breaking the rules in some way. Good thing I never do that. \'

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I AM!!!

mod comes i go..run as fast as i can

ive been muted before for talking to a mod (you heard me talking) and i didnt like it.. -.- :-#

but even Jagex said it wasnt a appropiete mute and removed it \'

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

Not necesserily scared, but most people are definately in awe of them: always asking questions and wanting to be their friend. Maybe everyone should act as if they were normal players, like they are.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

Players should only really be scared if they know they are breaking the rules while a Pmod is around. There's no need to be scared. Mind you I get the opposite reaction, they see my crown, and they go and ask me quesions with no fear at all. :-k

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I allways call them whit this: Assgay or assnooblicker or something what sounds stupid, maybe that why i got muted 7 times in 2 monthsd with same acc ? : D

R.I.P Mine Il mine : F?

and i add pmods to ignore : (, Not all but some random n00b p mod :XD:

Fishy Pizza