Latest WIP pixel. Finishedededed?

DementedHero

I'm doing another freestyle siggie, I had an idea and I'm working it out, for nobody in specific.

I like using cliche's, like a pker owning a ranger with an ice spell, in the wilderness, and turn them into something original again.

The person you see is partly jumping sideways to the other platform, whilst he is also thrusted back by the ice beam/spell.

First colours:

nieuwepixelsigvervolgmevk7.png

nieuwepixelsigvervolgmero0.png

eda7.png

miaue2da2.png

Latest update:

moovh5.png

Yes, I know the fire cape is red on the inside. I don't care. I make my own variations on the runescape items and settings. Hence the extra straps on the firecape which normally belong to achievement capes. Now that I mentioned that, I see I forgot to add the shoulderpads.

Dont rip this, you will be caught. As this sig is far from finished, it has no samples yet, but the newer versions will.

*edit*

new update, worked on the dragonish templeguardian in the back and the rocks in the front.

workworkfl3.png

*edit*

Latest update, last one without samples.

nieuwepixelsigvervolgmeqc4.png

I pretty much scrapped the ice-dragon idea, as I have already done that at least twice.

I replaced it with my interpretation of the smoke-spells. A big puff of smoke from which a poisonous smoke-rocket shoots out.

Small update:

sampledrx6.png

Small update again:

randomworkdw8.png

New update.

latestfz6.png

Another update. Made the ranger a bit more roman-styled.

Next up is a revamp of his cape. It looks quite bad atm.

Updated the sky, removed a load of black lines, some more details, cactusses, etc.

woshus8.png

Here we go, a complete redo of the archer. Pose was choppy, lacked the dynamic feel to it. Someone suggested to completely redo it, but at first I didn't want to. Couldn't really make it any better without making major changes so I though meh, what the heck, here we go.

Went with a bit different approach this time too. blocked out the silhouette, instead of doing it my usual way, drawing a stick-fgure in the pose I want, then adding muscles+clothing.

Removed the entangle-spell, going to redo this too, or trying to find an alternative.

updateiz1.png

Another update, worked on the ranger. Gave him an original look. Bone-themed. Still working on his cape.

Main concern left is the background. The open plain and the crack in the floor.

rangerupdatepw7.png

Also have to decide on the spell which the empty hand of the flying dude will be casting.

Here we go, the update before the final one.

nocolourko1.png

The only thing left is the spell, the entangle I removed. I need some idea's on what to replace it with, or should I redo the entangle?

I need your opinion, so just tell me your idea.

Added a zammybook?

finsihed2as7.png

Finished?

I made another edit.. Bigger book. More like a real bible, which prayer books actually are.

finisheddfz4.png

Plus de border he..

Plus, I made a cheat version :ohnoes: I added a few layers, brushed layers of colour, to get some effects in there. I don't consider it full pixelart anymore, but I just wanted to see what it looked like.

meteditsas6.png

tipitsigte0.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sweet. :)

I really like the shading you did on the rocks but I preferred them before you dithered them, just MHO. A few anatomy problems, mainly that the legs and feet on both characters are too small.

Also, instead of breaking up the line with the arrow behind/in the ice, just use a darker blue color. The way you have the arrow now looks like it's broken instead of within the ice; same thing with the bow. Remember, ice is translucent; it changes the color of objects seen through it more than blocking them out.

Now this is something that depends on your style, but personally, I would get rid of the black lines, especially on the mountains and the pyramid.

Looking excellent so far; keep up the good work.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

I always remove black lines at the final stages, before I start detailing.

The arrow and bow within the ice is just a pointer for me, so I dont forget what I had in mind XD the little lines of ice are on a seperate layer, so they can be removed easily.

Thanks both of you.

tipitsigte0.png

The feet are really small on both characters. The guy shooting the boy doesn't look like he is standing on the rock, but sliding off of it.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

you've got some anatomy problems but, nice to see some work from you DementedHero :D My fav part of this so far is the rocks, just work on the details of your characters, make their feet larger, fix the hands and add more into the ground below (looks too empty imo)

I made an edit of your character face, much more effective than just lines for eyes.

guyeditry6.png

It's ok to use black lines, just don't be afraid to break out of em where needed, check my edit, I've colour over onto the black lines in places, but you can always use the darker colour on the light side of the character in replace of the black if it's too dominating, as it's hard to fit so much detail in a small area, so having blacklines around everything is just making it harder than it needs to be.

also you're palette maybe too dark.

goodluck

vistame09copyhr8.png

its pretty good, but the feet are very small as Kuroi and Ter said, also... where are they fighting at? the earth is in the bg :?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

its pretty good, but the feet are very small as Kuroi and Ter said, also... where are they fighting at? the earth is in the bg :?

As far as I'm concerned, Earth and rs are far from on the same planet :XD:

Thanks Ter, that looks good. But it's still WIP, so I havent really payed attention to details yet. It's just working out the global textures and colours and shades, then I start detailing. Ofcourse I'm not going to give him a 2 pixel black line for an eye XD

tipitsigte0.png

Not a big crit but it still bugs me: If lava cape fella' is going to fly with that speed, he won't land well to the rocks. He will propably hit them hard, glance off and then fall to his tragical death. Or maybe not. It might be just me.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

Not a big crit but it still bugs me: If lava cape fella' is going to fly with that speed, he won't land well to the rocks. He will propably hit them hard, glance off and then fall to his tragical death. Or maybe not. It might be just me.

Nah man, he's an uber 1337 pkz0r and he knows martial arts. So he is going to land with a sideways roll to break his fall. :lol:

tipitsigte0.png

nah totally this :lol:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1983 ... gimcu6.png

Ah thanks, I almost lost my peace of mind worrying about him. He was/is so close to "0wn4g31ng" afterall, so what a shame would be if he would die and (gulp) lose his drops :ohnoes: !

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

nah totally this :lol:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1983 ... gimcu6.png

hmm you're stone looks like coral :-k :P ....and the stick fingures of justice are here! We are all saved! :oops: ....looking very good DH....as was the one for Tezza :oops:

Awesome, aside from the fact that, in it's current position, theres no way the mage could land back on his feet on the other platform

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

i love that shading and texture of the rocks

and the ranger doesnt seem like hes on the rock because he hasnt added the rangers shadow

he might be adding it soon

Precisely.

I'm working on the legs/feet, they always seem to be too small in my sigs.

tipitsigte0.png

great job done so far =D> the dragon/ice spell reminds me to one of your earlier sigs with the dragon guy casting the same spell on a lava monster thingy :?

go on with this great work :wink:

taz3xk1.jpg

great job done so far =D> the dragon/ice spell reminds me to one of your earlier sigs with the dragon guy casting the same spell on a lava monster thingy :?

go on with this great work :wink:

That's right, it's the same spell. I 'invented' it. So I use it to create some recognisable things.

tipitsigte0.png