What old updates do you remember the most?

Atroxide

probably the introduction of runecrafting, everyone was like omgwtfbbq! i dont think any1 did anything for that first day but rcing

haha ya i remember me and others debating it going to ruin magic.

and pasty, it used to be called herblaw

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunny Ear drop; my first holiday event, and it's still hilarious listening to lvl 120s asking how much they're worth.

Fatigue; it was hilarious how they kept changing it. I was really into mining at the time, and really wanted to get into the mining guild because someone told me there were a bunch of beds in there.

Rune Pics; the first time I saw how big of an impact a new update had, I was amazed at all the people in the mines trying to get one, which was funny since only one person could talk to the seller at a time, so total chaos ensued.

RS2; made me take my first break from rs, I didn't like it at first.

RCing; I loved getting a new quest and skill for f2p, then realized how boring it was and didn't lvl it for years.

Con/Farm/Slayer; seeing these new skills came out finally made me become a member.

ShadowSam19.png

I remember when they added willow and maple bows as well as up to addy arrows to f2p, that was quite exciting (at least back then)

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

When Phats came out and they were all over the ground (including mine, they were worthless...)

And I remember when they took Herblore out of RSC (it was called something else back then, cant remember what) and later they put it back in RS2.

Remember the good ole days? No? Me neither... <.<

herblaw ftw!!!!

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

I remember when they added willow and maple bows as well as up to addy arrows to f2p, that was quite exciting (at least back then)

~Ddaanniiellh

I remember that too before that range sucked :lol: now it pwns. they used to have bronze, iron and steel that was it in f2p... hmm :-k I see a trend here, Jagex is dumping alot of the older stuff onto f2p like party rooms and arrows, weird. -.-

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

Uhh... well obviously when RS2 came out. That was a pretty big update. :-s

I also really remember when sleeping bags and different kinds of pickaxes came out. The day the update happened no one knew where to get the pickaxes so they were going on the street for 10 times their normal price. XD

Ahhh.... fatigue... good times, good times...No wait, those were horrible times.... I hated fatigue for a while, but I was using monk's guild to rest and mining coal in wilderness. My play was a little sketchy back then, and it seemed like it had changed every time I logged in. You can't really mention fatigue without mentioning hard and soft rocks in mining. I personally loved it, because it seemed so much easier to get coal. Interesting time, but I can't say I miss it, especially fatigue.

Flyingjj.png

Back when members was first introduced.

Oh and when they changed minning, before this update rocks didnt show if they had available ore in them or not.

The very first one I remember...when they came out with the Dragon Slayer quest / Introducing the rune plate ftw!

The oldest update I remember having witnessed would be Cook-X

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I remember...

Barrows :mrgreen:

Desert Treasure

MSB Nerf :shock:

Slayer

Farming

Construction <3:

Hunter

Recipe for Disaster

MEP1

MEP2

Kalphite Queen

Fight Pits

Fight Caves :ohnoes:

Metal Dragons

Abyssal Runecrafting

Pure essence :evil:

Capes of Achievement

I remember a ton of stuff.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

The earliest significant update I can remember? :-k

Probably Farming or barrows (can't remember which came first). I joined just after Slayer was released but didn't pay any attention to updates till I became a member which was a few months before Farming.

I doubt any of you other long-time players even remember these first two...

1.) Goblin updated appearance near Lumbridge (By Draynor they got wooden shields and weapons).

2.) Changed appearance of logs (that you wc...).

3.) Obviously you remember this one, Barrows... I was sick with envy for all members at that time. :-$

4.) I had a yo-yo... but I dropped it for bank space! :cry:

5.) I had a rubber chicken... but I dropped it for bank space! :cry: :cry:

And Diango won't give them back... :wall:

Anyway, those are my memories. I also remember having full mithril, being level 36, having 52k, rune pickaxe, rune hatchet... I was FTW!!! :mrgreen: But I didn't have my recovery questions set because I was such a n00b... my account got haxored :wall:

All righty that's all of my memories from back in the day. Cya later folks!

newsigac5.png

hm, i remember my first rs holiday, easter 2005, i helped the easter bunny pass around chocolate eggs and got myself a floppy rubber chicken...

other than that, i remember the f2p range equipment update, when we got to use higher than steel arrows and studded armor...at least i think thats what it was... ::'

edit:

~Ddaanniiellh

yay someone else remembers it too! thats when i first started ranging, up til then i was a combat noob...

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

yeah...there are some blasts from the past i can remember, although most of them have been said:

goblin apperance update.

killable hans. :D

before all those stupid tutors in lumby and the top floor of the castle was deserted.

when delrith was able to be seen by players that had completed the quest (demon slayer).

when they didnt do all those little annoying dying animations and stuff <.<.

when the random vine event (forgotten the name) was removed from the game.

thats all i can think of for now :anxious: , but good times...

prisoner-1.jpg

Noob: Can I have your sausages plz

I guess he was referring to my whip.

i hope so :shock:

Master agility-er (=/) in the making, only 29 levels to go =]