What old updates do you remember the most?

Atroxide

i have to say i remember 2 updates more then any other old ones, Castle Wars and Slayer.

for Castle Wars i remember going and the team lobbies looked like world 2 fally. it was packed. the games were awesome, i remember the first week just going around picking up arrows from people who didnt pick theirs up. i got like 20k arrows every day.

for slayer i remember my first assignment wass hill giants. (giants at the time). i could not get 1 gaint it was completely packed. so i didnt get to train it at all the first day. later the added more giants and changed name to hill giants. finally i could train.

so which old updates do you remember the most>?

EDIT: i also remember when ever they didnt have the 1[px white stroke on the item when ever you click. i was gone to vacation and over vacation they added it and i was so happy cause it was so complicated to see what item you have select or not select.

sig.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cook-x!

That was great, got like 4 mazes cooking that day :^o

More like 29ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý :wink:

Hmm... Here's my answer:

1)When 'runescape II' came out

2)slayer + whippy

3)farming

4)ancient magicks

5)umm.. Game engine update..! <3:

Please get us more spells Jagex! ::'

Sir+Jehu.png

Retired ~ "I'll Be Back!" NOT

I remember when Santa Claus came really well, for some reason. My friend pmed me and told me "Santa is handing out yoyos!", and I thought he was crazy.

Then someone told me Santa gave them an ice sickle, and I created like 10 accounts to try to get that dang ice sickle from Santa.

lalalasig2.png

I have a few contenders:

1.) 2004 Christmas update: The first update to actually affect me (I was F2P), not to mention it was my first holiday item.

2.) Recruitment Drive: The first P2P update that affected me from the start. Plus, my old best friend was visiting from Canada, and we solved the chemistry puzzle together without a quest guide.

3.) Essence Update: I had been runecrafting for months to afford a party hat, and it happens that this was the day that I finally bought it. I was low on ess and money, so it heralded a long break from runecrafting for me. Kind of a strange coincidence.

blackmageid8.png

I remember when RS2 first came out. At first I hated it. Everything was different and I got completely lost around Barbain Village I think. It just looked too different and completely threw me off. But I kept playing beta until I got used to everything.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

The whole Desert-theme month of January 2006. I wanted to go to the new updates, but I was non-member. :lol:

The big Ess change and pure ess went to 50 ea. I sold my 3k ess the next day, 60 ea. Should of waited till they were 100 ea. :oops:

Thats really it, I haven't played for a long time like you people. :wink:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Same as nick. Stupid pure ess....ruined rcing for membas

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I remember the day they released Dragon Slayer and the rune plate. Before that everyone wore Rune Chains. But I remember I logged on that day and I saw a bearded man (orange beard, I remember odd details like that) wearing a rune plate. I was in awe, I was still a noob at the time wearing full addy with addy b-axe and mith square shield (I remember that specifically, lol). I didn't finish Dragon Slayer for another few months, hahaha.

I don't know if this one is considered 'old', but it was from Summer 2005. I was playing Castle Wars and a system update happened. When I logged back in, all the guys had no heads at all when they went in the waiting room and inside the actual game as well :XD: . All the girls still had their hoods on though :-s . Jagex fixed the problem withing 20 minutes though. I never got a screenie of it

Herblorelevel2.jpg