The best and worst band names ever

apinagez

Bad:

Engelbert Humperdinck (Humperbert Engeldinck? Dinkelbert Humpereng? Bertengel Dinckhumper? Berthumper Engeldinck?) I know it's not his real name, but why choose THAT as a stage name?

Limp Bizkit: Edible confectionary with an injury?

Good:

Trivium, because it's got meaning behind it. From Wikipedia: In medieval universities, the trivium comprised the three subjects taught first: grammar, logic, and rhetoric. The "trivium" is the theory of education, or the beginning of liberal arts.

Children of Bodom - Based around the Lake Bodom murders, they also have a song named "Lake Bodom"

Pantera - Means "panther" in another language, can't remember which.

Lamb of God - This obviously has some religious meaning. (I'm gonna make a tribute band named "Mutton of Messiah" :D.)

arran_J_Cook.png

arran_J_Cook.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad:

Engelbert Humperdinck (Humperbert Engeldinck? Dinkelbert Humpereng? Bertengel Dinckhumper? Berthumper Engeldinck?) I know it's not his real name, but why choose THAT as a stage name?

Limp Bizkit: Edible confectionary with an injury?

Good:

Trivium, because it's got meaning behind it. From Wikipedia: In medieval universities, the trivium comprised the three subjects taught first: grammar, logic, and rhetoric. The "trivium" is the theory of education, or the beginning of liberal arts.

Children of Bodom - Based around the Lake Bodom murders, they also have a song named "Lake Bodom"

Pantera - Means "panther" in another language, can't remember which.

Lamb of God - This obviously has some religious meaning. (I'm gonna make a tribute band named "Mutton of Messiah" :D.)

Why not make an arabic tribute band - Sheep of Allah. As a matter of fact, I'm going to see said metal band in around a month. (the real one :lol: ) \m/

Stupid names:

U2, 50 Cent (his album is worth less than that-.-), Martha and the Vandellas(altough, i like them), Stockholms Negrer(the negros of stockholm)too bad about their name, because it's an awesome Punk band.

Awesome names:

Tre ÃÆÃâÃâögon i bÃÆÃâÃâäcken(three eyes in the.. Pond?), RÃÆÃâÃâövsvett(bumsweat), Canned heat, Punkt, Sabaton*, LÃÆÃâÃâädernunnan(Leather Nun)..

(*their name is the name of a piece of armour that protects the foot)

http://www.flashback.info/showthread.php?t=270107

They got alot of funny band names there (note: Swedish forum)

tifsbti6oi.gif

Good names:

AC/DC, I just love it

Sonata Arctica, just sounds cool

Manowar

Bad names:

Kiss, sounds like women :-w (play amazing good music though)

Scissor sisters, they're men... :-k

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Best: Wu-Tang Clan (it sounds so cool!)

Good: Dipset (crappy music, but I gotta admit, cool name)

N.W.A

Outlawz

A Tribe Called Quest

Mobb Deep

Bad: G-Unit (God, there are so many jokes about this, how could 50 not have seen that coming? Oh yeah, I forgot, he's an idiot)

Junior M.A.F.I.A.

Panic! at the Disco

Fall Out boy

AFI

Memphis Bleek (not a band, but still, stupid name)

Some good ones:

The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - What mental image do you get? Hilarious.

Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin - Long, but amusing if you know who Boris Yeltsin is and why everyone hates him. Kind of a Russian inside joke, anyway.

Metacalypse - OK, not really a band, but it's still sweet.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Awesome name, fitting for an awesome band.

Dark Horse - Maybe just because of George Harrison, but it's fitting for him.

Agent Orange - Never heard a song by them before, but they sound neat.

Bad ones:

Barenaked Ladies - Why would you name a band of men this?

They Might Be Giants

Def Leppard - I hate bands that do the "Ooh, let's take normal words and spell them completely wrong! We'll be cool then!" That's an automatic indicator that the band is going to suck.

I have fun with this sometimes: http://www.bandnamemaker.com/

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

I have fun with this sometimes: http://www.bandnamemaker.com/

Typed "Monkey" and got:

Rectal Monkey <------ :-s

Best Monkey

Merciful Monkey

Erosion of the Monkey Delerium <------------ :?

Monkey Fable

Monkey Hospital

Monkey Bridge

Monkey Siren

Morbid Monkey and the Copulation <------- :uhh:

Monkey Kim

sig2.jpg

heres some interesting ones:

...All (all what?)...

Clearly you know nothing about the quest for ALL...

anyways, Mindless Self Indulgence is a good one, same with The Toasters (toasting glasses, not the appliance) HORSE the band is great.

I hate trendy band names, especially ones beginning with prepositions. Also, bandnames are names, NOT phrases (another pet peeve)

panicpantsim9.jpg

Well Nightwish sounds very good, also Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Rammstein. And yeah Simon&Garfunkidljf -something is the the worst name ever. I was listening them a little long time ago and they are quite good but every time I hear their name :roll:. Also offspring sound stupid to me. I mean I like this band a lot but name is really :-X

I really dont like the bands with their name as simply "the " such as the killers, the zutons, the claxons, the frutellis (i mean wtf!), The Cure, the hives, the vines. I really like some of the music by them but the names piss me off lol..

Some of the more origional ones are ok like the beatles or the who before everyone started doin it.

There aren't really any band names that i really love - just ones that i dont like since im so pessimistic (is it that or pecimistic?) :P

iteme3721.jpg

• 7 months later...

Best = !!!

Worst = Panic! At the Disco (absurb. just like the fact that all those bands (such as Fall Out Boy and P!ATD) have names for their songs that are about 15 words long. that's stupid. and the name is dopey too. disoc? 30 years too late...)

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Why did someone put "Muse" as a bad name? Given the defenition, it's probably one of the most appropriate names possible for a band..

But anyway, good band names:

Preschool Teaparty Massacre

Make a Change... Kill Yourself

Impaled Northern Moonforest (haha)

Muse

Buckethead

Band names:

Yngwie Malmsteen

Blink 182 (who the hell puts numbers in their band name?)

Cool.

Yngwie Malmsteen

That's a name of a person. :|

Good: Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Who, Muse, Dream Theater, Nightwish, DragonForce, Rainbow, Queensryche. Dir En Grey, Iron Maiden, Spinal Tap, Pig Destroyer, Rage Against The Machine, Kottonmouth Kings (:lol:), Queens Of The Stone Age, Children of Bodom, Megadeth, Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen

Bad: The Killers, Nickelback, Extreme, Judas Priest, Accept, My Dying Bride, High On Fire, Sentenced, Chaos UK, Insane Clown Posse, Body Count, As I Lay Dying, 3 Inches Of Blood, Suicidal Tendencies, Incubus, Disturbed, Drive-By Truckers, Alabama, America, Buckcherry