.:: My RS char done in Paint! ::.

Echofish

tbh i prefer the expression on the original, and the looking off to the left, it looks much batter imo.

also im not so sure about the redness of her skin that you [ter] did, it makes it look sunburnt...

however ters edit of the torso looks much better =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok my crits would be this..

About her proportions I would say that her head is slightly too high, and her neck is too straight, usually necks curve out to the neck.. Look at her ear position, its way too low.. Her right eye needs to move a few pixels right, imagine if she was looking straight on, her right eye would be too far over imo..

pixgirl1vg61ot5.pngwomanedittj2.png

Your linework could be made to look so much more smoother if you just took care where you place your pixels.. As for your palette you really need more contrast to add depth to your image, with your skin tones add more warmth to your darker shades by moving your colour selector slightly towards the red.. But I really love the posture and general design of this so far, I couldn't help making an edit :wall: its so hard to simply explain anything without showing someone what ya mean.

Make sure you've got a lightsource, it looks as if the lights coming from the left because of the highlights but the darker shades dont suggest the same.. Hope my edit shows how you could possible improve your character's face and general shading.. Didn't want to simply finish it off for you because all I really wanted to do is illustrate what I mean about contrast..

The additional smoothness is just added AA and dithering which I personally wouldn't be worried about, your doing great so far.. :thumbsup:

Woaah nice =P~ Now how am I supposed to do that? Better start working then!

I'm a bit of a newbie so I'm gonna ask this: What's AA and Dithering? I'll go have a look at the FAQ for some tips. I guess I should pay a bit more attention to the shading.

Thanks for the edit, it helped alot ::'

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

You, go on Terley, come in and slap us all in the cheeks again, why don't you... :x

Joking. :D Anyway, not sure how many times I've posted in this topic, but I'll give one last comment, then I'm off. Nice job on the sig, and Ter, nice job on editing it. :thumbsup:

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

oh thx, its hard to explain in words but its just making the most of your palette to make the transition between two shades less 'sudden'.. Take this

squiggle for example, its just black on white, which looks a bit rough, by adding a grey half way in between the black and white and placing them where

you think it would make it look smoother does it fact help it become smoother.. And to increases the smootheness even more why not add lighter grey

and doing the same to the previous shade? added some other colours etc.. the shades you add to AA can just be the ones you used to shade with,

all you're doing is travelling through from dark to light / one colour through to another...

aa2fz3.png

dithering is similar but adds the illustion of smoothness without the addition of more colours by patterning pixels, basically interlacing two colours/shades.. different patterns can give textured effects, just experiment to see what works for what you're dithering..

ditheringgc6.png

you should be able to see were I've used these two methods.. Red arrows are dithering and purple is AA..

aaditherbw7.png

lol.. but really these aren't essential in pixel art, they're just methods of smoothening where you feel needs smoothening, some people do it everywhere even where its totally not needed.. Don't be one of them.

vistame09copyhr8.png

Very nice. It gets me how you people can draw all that with the pencil tool o.O

Good job.

MAKE MORE!

sorasig3sj9.jpg

---

Do not ask God for an easy life. Ask him for the strength to endure a difficult one.

Pansy: a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man. (Oxford English Dictionary)

zezimatalkingzp0.png

• 3 weeks later...
Here I am again, I had a sudden urge to draw in paint and this is what I got:

pixgirl1zz3.png chards2.png

My version is soo much better, don't you think? :thumbsup:

Any flaws? Any mistakes? Tell me so I can correct, also helps me to what to watch out for when starting a new drawing :-k

Luv the comments. Still working on it, gonna see what more I can do

Anyone suggest a background? I don't want to leave it plain.

AMAZING... Echo please for a friend could you draw me? I can show you my armor when im member in about well newyears day

poketama1ak8.jpg

:thumbsup: Nice. Welcome, grasshopper.... :P

You didnt type in red!!!!!

I know.... mods say no... :cry:

I hope I may be able to again, one day though, which is a good thing I suppose. :thumbsup:

see, their silencing you, just like they silenced me... first it was yellow, then it was olive.... what will the mods do next?!?! :-k

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Aaahhh, I almost forgot about this one already. I'll do a touch-up and try to fix the sword...

It's supposed to be a rune scimmy, my friend thought it was addy :XD:

I guess the bump on the thread made me try and improve on this

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Can anyone help me with the sword? I really have no idea how to shade it (yes I'm a nub, starting things I can't even finish...)

Help pl0x? I never actually pixeled a sword before so I have no clue what it'll look like.

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

That's really good! I like it. =)

Only thing i can advise is to add more detail to the scimitar, why make the drawing so great and put little detail into the sword? The top of her head and breasts look kinda flat, but overall, i love it. Great job! =)