Has the drop rate of clue scrolls gone down?

dudeonthenet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads are misleading. There are 29 views and 3 yes replies. I'd assume the 20+ other people think otherwise, because they didn't post. But by reading this post, 3 out of 3 replies say yes, and make it seem like there has been a change - and it's even more misleading because thinking with that kind of a mentality makes people persuaded to agree.

I can't really explain what I mean other than giving an example. If I were to make a thread randomly saying that catching lizards in hunter is slower now, I would get replies agreeing, because at whatever instant, the people think they're having bad luck, so they blame it on a programming change.

Well people say that every 100 blue dragons you get a clue. I got one is 103 blues!!! ZOMG THEY WENT UP.

If you look at this a philosophical stand point, most of the drops that I want happen when your not thinking about it. A couple days ago I was at hell hounds trying to get in on the clue craze and every time I would kill one, I would say to my self "Come on". And when It was in the back of my mind, it happened.

So basically you don't even realize how many things you've killed when your not thinking about the drops. But when you are thinking about it, 20 kills feels like 50 kills.

This is my theory:

Once you get a few clues from the same npc it won't give you a clue in a long time.

I killed around 200 jellies after getting 2 clues there in about 20 kills each, i gave up so decided to do some slay, got hellhounds and after 2 kills i got one clue.

Also in my last hellhound task (129) i got 2 clues after 30 kills each and didn't got more after that.

My tip is go slay something else and you'll get a new clue fast.

I've only gone clue hunting four times after the new update.

18th jelly = clue

6th jelly = clue

3rd pie on abyssal demons = clue

4.5th pie on abyssal demons = clue.

Doesnt seem like the drop rate has gone lower to me.

mathisfun.png

for a few days it seemd like that but now i am geting my norm of a clue every 20 mins if slow and every 10 mins with a bit of luck.

p.s lvl 1 clues.

rednewdc5.png

By 'fittest' do you mean 'most selfish brat with the fastest internet connection?'

its all about luck :) . Nothing has changed imo, i got like 3 clues one after another (after finishing each clue) from goblins :) . Because my pure has no defence and no skills, it really cant do level 2s and 3s

Currently Working on: Basically Quit... Messing up my pure atm though// Hehe

Main Name: Anishr

Join the official Barbarian Assult channel, #ba in irc.

These threads are misleading. There are 29 views and 3 yes replies. I'd assume the 20+ other people think otherwise, because they didn't post. But by reading this post, 3 out of 3 replies say yes, and make it seem like there has been a change - and it's even more misleading because thinking with that kind of a mentality makes people persuaded to agree.

I can't really explain what I mean other than giving an example. If I were to make a thread randomly saying that catching lizards in hunter is slower now, I would get replies agreeing, because at whatever instant, the people think they're having bad luck, so they blame it on a programming change.

Hey look i'm a critic now:

i think your wrong on that, those 20+ people may be multiple people, perhaps the creater looked at it multipled times, and u read the topic, then u post a reply, then u look at it again=2 views(or how i think it works?).....even if perhaps 20+ people have looked at this how can this be misleading, it may lead us to clear up wether or not drop rates have gone up or down, leading us into the right direction if good evidence is presented. Even if those 20+ somewrad people did not think the drop rates had gone down or up, some of them might not have had any intentions on trying for a clue? perhaps thats why they did not chose to post? As you can see i can post many more variables you missed, but right now i'm just acting like a smart allic, just trying to tell people that you are wrong, or you could be right, just a little off or a litttle more on then you thought you'd be, i didn't want your post to mislead people......

Anywas on-topic:

Drop-rates imo have stayed the same, ever since i got members, 7-8months ago, i've gotten 4 clue scrolls, and when i joined members i was level 30 something, as you can see now i'm 101, and i can tell you out of all the high level monsters i've fought and some lower levels, i can assure you they haven't differed at all.

but i think i can be vry wrong also, jagex realesed new armours and said they'd be harder to get then imps with a champion scroll, so in theory jagex may have dropped the rate of drops to make sure they weredropped less frequently, or they could have icnreased drop rates but lowered the GOOD rewards, or viseversa.....