New Report abuse - with pictures - 12K Views!

jcfc

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And isn't adding to friend list only possible when they talk??? So, a swift and silent attack will take away this option. However, not with my suggestion

Sorry I misunderstood. What you are suggestion is something completely irrelevant to this thread, if you want to develop that idea you should create a new thread, otherwise can we stay on topic please.

Solution: Add the offender (with confusing name) to your friends list. Then log into the highscores, and compare with your friends, then simply copy and paste the name into a word document (if you still cannot figure out the name) and then report with the knowledge of the spacing. This is what I suggest to you, and it is actually a lot faster then it seems.

Which is basically what I said just a few posts up (but without the copy & paste). :?

Also LinkGray said he obtained that information from a friend who is a player moderator and by repeating what he heard is not breaking any (public) RuneScape rules or any Tip.It rules. If you want action to be taken then you should pm him to find out the name of the Pmod who leaked this info.

inferno_char.png

Trust me, I get peeved with them when fishing. You start to fish, one of them come along, and boom, the spot moves. Lol.

Sorry I havn't been active, my birthday is over now so I can contribute with my own thread now ;)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

Watch this space for a few new ideas. I will notify LinkGray to rid of the picture. I didn't realise it was confidential, so sorry for inconvenience.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I don't know if this has been posted before (and I ain't reading through 8 pages to find out), but what about a generic second screen? Instead of having things that people report for but aren't against the rules (luring is in your example), why not just use a second screen that displays the rule broken, and gives general advice about it?

For instance, you click report abuse, type in their name, and select the rule. As an example, item scamming. This then brings you to a second screen, displaying the rule and saying details about what is and isn't scamming. The reporter will be asked to confirm that they still want to report the person.

This would definately help reduce the amount of bogus reports that jagex recieves (such as reported for starred out words - the second screen would make it clear that that's not illegal).

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I definately support.

One thing more: if Jagex does not add your system of defining the mistake, I'd like to see a confirmationbutton before you report. I've had quite some time that I reported someone for Jagex impernation, while he was account sharing, just because I misclicked.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

I don't know if this has been posted before (and I ain't reading through 8 pages to find out), but what about a generic second screen? Instead of having things that people report for but aren't against the rules (luring is in your example), why not just use a second screen that displays the rule broken, and gives general advice about it?

For instance, you click report abuse, type in their name, and select the rule. As an example, item scamming. This then brings you to a second screen, displaying the rule and saying details about what is and isn't scamming. The reporter will be asked to confirm that they still want to report the person.

This would definately help reduce the amount of bogus reports that jagex recieves (such as reported for starred out words - the second screen would make it clear that that's not illegal).

I already have a second screen. A third is too many. Anyway, the luring thing is basically what you're saying.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definately support.

One thing more: if Jagex does not add your system of defining the mistake, I'd like to see a confirmationbutton before you report. I've had quite some time that I reported someone for Jagex impernation, while he was account sharing, just because I misclicked.

It's an OK idea, but:

a: By looking carefully, it takes the same amount of time as a confirmation button.

b: It will slow down reports where they already have been careful.

Perhaps an option to enable/disable this?

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everyone.

Jcfc.jpeg

This would be a great idea! ::'

I have one more suggestion...........

You click the "Report Abuse" button, and the screenshot is taken. Then, you tick the rules that have been broken in the popup window, or if you clicked it in laggy conditions or by accident, you click the close button. You do not have to type in the username, which will help with the confusing ones and with multiple offenders in the last minute. :thumbsup:

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

Great job with the ideas and pictures. This would be an extreme help when reporting scammers in world 1. ::'

Heck, it could be done in any world. :) ... And that is just one of many reasons I support this idea.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo agree!! also, is ther any way to prove som1 is macroing???

u got so many supporters, i think u should start a support list. good luck!

Jagex usually checks the ip of the account for many multiple accounts, and for another assortment of details. I'm really not sure of it all, and probably never will. ::'

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

The only problem with your idea, Da Guru, is that it'll take up bandwitdh on JAGeX's server. Still good ideas, and thanks for compliments everyone 8-)

Jcfc.jpeg

The only problem with your idea, Da Guru, is that it'll take up bandwitdh on JAGeX's server. Still good ideas, and thanks for compliments everyone 8-)

Gee, I thought screenshots occurred entirely within the Java Applet, not in the server software. :-k

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I definitely support. This would be a great add on to help stop people who macro. How about also a little log of the last 3 people you traded with. If you get scammed, you can see the name and have a right click option to report. Also, where is the supporter list?

tfssig.png