Do you smoke?

blue107

I smoke. Just started a long time ago and just never really stoped. I like it with a drink. Other than that I don't smoke that much, maybe two packages a week. My father smokes sigar and pipe.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously smoking is just pathetic

lets see... to whoever complains about big macs are as bad as cigarettes WRONG

Big macs dont pollute the air, make people die from second hand smoke, make people stink, pollute(as much)

p.s i hate them anyway

but still anyone who smokes... seek help

all your doing is making people suffer from 2nd hand smoke, destroying yourself, waisting on all your money...

i suggest getting some nicotine patches and stop ruining our lives (and your own)

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Nope, to quote Ace Ventura 'Its a.....disgusting habit.'

Honestly I cannot see why people would possibly want to take it up. I don't particularly feel like I am missng out on anything by not smoking, I don't have to burning compassion to find out what it is like, why do other people take up the habit? Why, with all of the known current disadvantagtes, hazards to health and all other negativities to smoking, are people still taking up smoking? I sympathise with people who want to stop smoking and can't, because it is an addiction, but to anyone that wants to start, why?!

Its beyond me

+1
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Big macs dont pollute the air, make people die from second hand smoke, make people stink, pollute(as much)

p.s i hate them anyway

all your doing is making people suffer from 2nd hand smoke, destroying yourself, waisting on all your money...

i suggest getting some nicotine patches and stop ruining our lives (and your own)

Oh boo hoo, i hurt a tree hugger's feelings with a little bit of tar, You have nowhere to complain about second hand smoke.

If it bothers you that much, then don't be around people who smoke

We aren't ruining anybodies lives but our own, keep it to yourself if you're going to suggest to get help

p.s i hate them anyway

Oh boo hoo, i hurt a tree hugger's feelings with a little bit of tar, You have nowhere to complain about second hand smoke.

We aren't ruining anybodies lives but our own, keep it to yourself if you're going to suggest to get help

Or people who smoke shouldn't be around us. That's like me shooting a bullet at you and complaining that you didn't move in time.

Second part. Well, if you smoke around others it is called second-hand smoke. This, ruins people's lives along with pollution.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Government legislation will help keep people quiet. Ban smoking in public places and people have almost no reason to complain.

The adjustment period for the smoking ban in Scotland was TINY, it's not really a big deal.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

No and i hate people who do

1. they pollute everything

2. they make YOU stink also

3. they make you suffer from 2nd hand smoke

4. they burn things by accident due the carelessness of what they do with their cigarette butts

Though its nice to know they will die way before you due to lung cancer (or worse if its you damn hippies with your pot)

I'd have to agree with you, its worth noting that I react quite badly to the smell of cigarets, it also turns my eyes a briliant red (no white left, its creepy)

yes i smoke. Around 2/3 of a pack a day.

All you people that dont smoke, the worst thing about smoking is other people saying that it will kill you all all that junk. do you not realise that we have been told that by just about ever nonsmoker you will ever meet.

I know i have 8 days left to quit - wish me luck

I smoke. Just started a long time ago and just never really stoped. I like it with a drink. Other than that I don't smoke that much, maybe two packages a week. My father smokes sigar and pipe.

2 packs a week not much? thats a starnge definition man, really... :-s

p.s i hate them anyway

Or people who smoke shouldn't be around us. That's like me shooting a bullet at you and complaining that you didn't move in time.

Second part. Well, if you smoke around others it is called second-hand smoke. This, ruins people's lives along with pollution.

exactly and a7x sthu do you know how many times you have damaged someones lungs because you little baby has to smoke a plant.... just nice to know youll drop dead from lung cancer soon \' \' \'

p.s i hate them anyway

It's funny you talk about big macs. Big macs come in styrephone, which pollute the earth JUST AS MUCH as a ciggarete would. I'm a really globally aware person, and mcdonalds hands out millions of styrephone boxes every day. A ciggaratte will pollute the earth less or just as much as a big mac :) The syrephone ends up in the trash and is burn, CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMING A LOT.

Nope, I don't smoke, way to early to even think about that.

It's funny you talk about big macs. Big macs come in styrephone, which pollute the earth JUST AS MUCH as a ciggarete would. I'm a really globally aware person, and mcdonalds hands out millions of styrephone boxes every day. A ciggaratte will pollute the earth less or just as much as a big mac :)

They come in cardboard here... you polluting Qatarians.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

p.s i hate them anyway

It's funny you talk about big macs. Big macs come in styrephone, which pollute the earth JUST AS MUCH as a ciggarete would. I'm a really globally aware person, and mcdonalds hands out millions of styrephone boxes every day. A ciggaratte will pollute the earth less or just as much as a big mac :)

Big macs dont come in styrofoam genius and besides i only mentioned that to the people who says smoking is better than big macs

They come in cardboard here... you polluting Qatarians.

Well thats good :) Before they didn't. And pfft, in this whole country theres probably 2 Mcdonalds, and it tastes like leather here. All fast food is crap in this crap country.

p.s i hate them anyway

Big macs dont come in styrofoam genius and besides i only mentioned that to the people who says smoking is better than big macs

Big macs don't come in styrephone you imbecile? Well i lived in canada for 9 years and it was always styrephone.

p.s i hate them anyway

You paid attention durring all those asemblys in school, it seems.

I don't smoke but it doesn't bother me if others do.

p.s i hate them anyway

You paid attention durring all those asemblys in school, it seems.

I don't smoke but it doesn't bother me if others do.

no, not really i just watch TV too much ::'

It seems sad and slightly amusing that so many people seem to hate smokers intriniscaly, complaining about the effects they have on others etc. But, there are quite a few non-smoking venues, there are non-smoking areas, in public and up and down the street you can walk for quite a way without seeing anyone actualy smoking. I only smoke when I drink or when i'm stressed. This means that I smoke about 3-5 a week, but all on the same night. Some of my friends smoke, some of them don't. If they don't want me to smoke, I don't. If I want to smoke I don't hang out with the people that don't. All it takes is a bit of consideration on behalf of the smoker and your problems are sorted out.

As for lung cancer etc...I knew all the risks, I knew almost everything that it can do to you. My grandmother died of it, I have done loads of biology projects demonstrating how bad it can be, I have seen people who are addicted who shake until they can get thier fix, and the first thing they do in the morning is have a smoke. I've seen all this, I know all this. I had no, absolutley no peer pressure on me to start. if anything I had pressure against it. I made a free choice to do it. I exercised my free will to do it (in commonly accepted terms, as a side issue I have come to the view that free will is not extant). I made a free and, as much as possible, unbaised choice. Get used to the idea that I am able to do that, and say "hey I don't give a damn what it does to me. I want to do it, I like the hit, it relaxes me. I have made a choice based on all the options available to me. It is my right to make such a choice. I weighed up the pro's and con's and just because I didn't choose the path you wanted me to, doesn't mean I didn't listen to you. I just didn't agree with you, much like I can disagree with you about anything - the exitsance of god etc. So please, I'm not going to smoke in your face if you don't want me to, I'm not going to force you to get second hand smoke. If you want me to stop in your presence, I will, if you ask me. I don't see your problem. So get lost!"

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

It seems sad and slightly amusing that so many people seem to hate smokers intriniscaly, complaining about the effects they have on others etc. But, there are quite a few non-smoking venues, there are non-smoking areas, in public and up and down the street you can walk for quite a way without seeing anyone actualy smoking. I only smoke when I drink or when i'm stressed. This means that I smoke about 3-5 a week, but all on the same night. Some of my friends smoke, some of them don't. If they don't want me to smoke, I don't. If I want to smoke I don't hang out with the people that don't. All it takes is a bit of consideration on behalf of the smoker and your problems are sorted out.

As for lung cancer etc...I knew all the risks, I knew almost everything that it can do to you. My grandmother died of it, I have done loads of biology projects demonstrating how bad it can be, I have seen people who are addicted who shake until they can get thier fix, and the first thing they do in the morning is have a smoke. I've seen all this, I know all this. I had no, absolutley no peer pressure on me to start. if anything I had pressure against it. I made a free choice to do it. I exercised my free will to do it (in commonly accepted terms, as a side issue I have come to the view that free will is not extant). I made a free and, as much as possible, unbaised choice. Get used to the idea that I am able to do that, and say "hey I don't give a damn what it does to me. I want to do it, I like the hit, it relaxes me. I have made a choice based on all the options available to me. It is my right to make such a choice. I weighed up the pro's and con's and just because I didn't choose the path you wanted me to, doesn't mean I didn't listen to you. I just didn't agree with you, much like I can disagree with you about anything - the exitsance of god etc. So please, I'm not going to smoke in your face if you don't want me to, I'm not going to force you to get second hand smoke. If you want me to stop in your presence, I will, if you ask me. I don't see your problem. So get lost!"

That, right there is easily the best argument/statement i've seen on this thread so far. Even though I do disagree with you on principle, I still have a lot of respect for you for what you just said. =D>

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I don't smoke, but I can't see why everyone is so against it and how so many of you "hate" smokers. I can honestly say I've never felt any hate or anger toward someone smoking around me. I might go so far as to say that it's incredibly selfish to say "I hate smokers," and especially for the reasons given. Like "It pollutes the air." If you drive, use electricity, or produce waste, you are polluting the air. And, by the sheer fact that you are involved in this discussion, it can be said that you partake in at least one of those activities that pollute. So now that we got that out of the way, people who say "I hate smokers because they pollute the air" are not only selfish, but they are hypocrites.

Next we have the people who hate smokers because they are inconsiderate. Sure, some smokers might be inconsiderate, but I think that hating people on the single reason they smoke is inconsiderate. Smokers are in the minority, so that means there are always more provisions for non-smokers than smokers. Non-smokers should take advantage of this rather than complain about how you have to breathe in second-hand smoke. This means if you are outside around a smoker, go somewhere else. If you're somewhere inside where there's a smoker, you are most likely in a bar, casino, or restaurant that hasn't disallowed smoking yet. Get out of there if you don't like it, but if you're going to be in there, don't complain about it.

I'm going to throw out there that I do think that smoking is a sign of ignorance in a way. I'm just amazed at how many teenagers smoke. In this day and age, there's absolutely no good excuse to start smoking. Given what teenagers have been exposed to, all of the hard facts about smoking, and most times they will even have seen first-hand the dangers of smoking. Yet still many teens start up smoking, despite being armed with the knowledge of the dangers. That's ignorance, to me. But some people don't mind this, and that's cool too, but I'm always slightly opinionated against anyone my age who smokes.

peterstretchfn5.gif