How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

What I find funny is when youre buying a rune weapon or something and then somewhone switches to a worse thing like Iron. Then I accept and I just sit there looking at the second trade screen. Then I X out and tell him reported and hes like, What? I didnt do anything. and I say dude you switched them and hes like no I didnt. I dont understand how people can deny the obvious.

What I find funny is when youre buying a rune weapon or something and then somewhone switches to a worse thing like Iron. Then I accept and I just sit there looking at the second trade screen. Then I X out and tell him reported and hes like, What? I didnt do anything. and I say dude you switched them and hes like no I didnt. I dont understand how people can deny the obvious.

Smarter scammers usually don't speak and don't complete a trade unless the other one did get scammed. Still, I find it strange how these scammers can effectively scam if they are, say, selling a rune scimmy for 10k and switch it to iron. About a 10k win each time they succeed, except that they don't succeed often enough to be worth it.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I got asked by some guy to go to his friend's "Quiting party" he said we where friends in the past and i was like: Oh okay if you say so ::'

Then i went to this guys house and we was having "fun fights" in his dungeon I won a few times but then I was almost dead so I was like haha now you win, and I was not afraid cuz a lot of guys died and came back with the same stuff ...

BUT, then i suddenly got kicked out and I just took the fatal damage outside!!! So i died and lost my stuff ='( I was really upset because I lost a lot of money (for me) and VERY upset because I trusted this guy and thought i was at a fun party! I was just scammed and I geuss you could say i got owned...

Had to tell someone about it =P

I reported the guy who asked me to come and the guy who owned the house, but knowing my past jagex will probably not even look at it :(

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

Ah, the infamous "house scam." Yes, let's update the graphics on cows but completely disregard a major bug that has become one of the most frequently used methods of scamming. #-o

And for realz, it wouldn't be hard to fix. Just add a line of code that makes it where as soon as you leave someone's house, your HP/stats return to full. That would prevent the dds spec/vengeance + kick bug.

td2sig.jpg

Ah, the infamous "house scam." Yes, let's update the graphics on cows but completely disregard a major bug that has become one of the most frequently used methods of scamming. #-o

And for realz, it wouldn't be hard to fix. Just add a line of code that makes it where as soon as you leave someone's house, your HP/stats return to full. That would prevent the dds spec/vengeance + kick bug.

Yeah, I said the same thing in the suggestion forums and tech suport ...

Let's hope some day they'll notice this litle s.o.s ::'

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

Well i almost got lured cuz this guy was like ill sell you whip 1.3m and i was so happy and i go to edge and he teleblocks me and i just exit out of wildy and iwas like<.< noob<.<

Another time is when a lvl 87 came and said sellign whip for 1m and i was gonna go and i"brought" the stuff in my invent and so him and his 87 friend kill me and getall my bones,

So i logg in to theexact spot and i kille them with mt 86 pure with ice barrage and i made like 3m off it=]

m_x_mouse.png

I've been scammed out of a Whip (which I bought for 2m) and a D Axe (which I bout for 3.2m) since April...by supposed friends.

I also got scammed on World 2...got like 10k for 4k lobsters...the world was so crowded and everyone was talking and I got distracted and didn't look at how much money was put up close enough. I should have got 1m for the 4k lobsters.

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!

Hmm. Just yesterday in fact, A "Let me max you please" scammer got me. Judging by the responses on my thread of this, I guess I'll explain it.

I had just bought some new rune boots! I was happy, in a good mood. A lvl 40 walks up to me, asking if he can max on me. I say sure, why not. He says "Show ur inven so i'll know how much sharks to give you" So I did (i had all my stuff in inven at the time). You know, it was late, and I wasn't thinking. He put up the amount of sharks, and I....accepted. It wasnt until I challenged him that I realized what the little noob had done. Stole all my stuff, which is about 1.2 (I know, sad.)

And by the way, the reason I "fell for it" is because i normally do this with other people all the time. I didn't think this was any different.

Now then, off to go.....do something!

Working on this sig.....

Hmm. Just yesterday in fact, A "Let me max you please" scammer got me. Judging by the responses on my thread of this, I guess I'll explain it.

I had just bought some new rune boots! I was happy, in a good mood. A lvl 40 walks up to me, asking if he can max on me. I say sure, why not. He says "Show ur inven so i'll know how much sharks to give you" So I did (i had all my stuff in inven at the time). You know, it was late, and I wasn't thinking. He put up the amount of sharks, and I....accepted. It wasnt until I challenged him that I realized what the little noob had done. Stole all my stuff, which is about 1.2 (I know, sad.)

And by the way, the reason I "fell for it" is because i normally do this with other people all the time. I didn't think this was any different.

No, he let someone kill him basically with all his stuff on him.

I'm sorry to say this, but he wasn't a little noob... maybe he was not nice, but it's ALL your fault. I'd have ran with the sharks \'

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I'm sorry to say this, but he wasn't a little noob... maybe he was not nice, but it's ALL your fault. I'd have ran with the sharks \'

No, I traded it. Trust me, I know what you are thinking, "wth what a fr00bcake" but it has happened to my friend too. 2 of my friends actually. And I realize it is somewhat my fault for not seeing all my things on the trade screen for sharks....It sounds foolish, when it happened to my friend i was like "You fell for that??" But, somehow, it works. Also, I was letting people max on me a lot that day because I was in a good mood, I didn't think this was any different. BUt yeah, you can call me a noob or w/e, I understand what you are thinking, as I once thought the same thing. And Fairness, this was in the duel arena. Not the wilderness..

Working on this sig.....

No, I traded it. Trust me, I know what you are thinking, "wth what a fr00bcake" but it has happened to my friend too. 2 of my friends actually. And I realize it is somewhat my fault for not seeing all my things on the trade screen for sharks....It sounds foolish, when it happened to my friend i was like "You fell for that??" But, somehow, it works. Also, I was letting people max on me a lot that day because I was in a good mood, I didn't think this was any different. BUt yeah, you can call me a noob or w/e, I understand what you are thinking, as I once thought the same thing. And Fairness, this was in the duel arena. Not the wilderness..

Im not sure do you REALLY accept when your own items are in trade but my bro swear that he took every item off and when accept for nothing still lost items!

Can there also be a hack what somehow look like you take items off but they still stay in...

2 of them tried me and my green mask today but didnt risk to try accept for nothing... :uhh:

Correct me if Im wrong about people blindness and hack!

[hide=quote from text above]

Im not sure do you REALLY accept when your own items are in trade but my bro swear that he took every item off and when accept for nothing still lost items!

Can there also be a hack what somehow look like you take items off but they still stay in...

2 of them tried me and my green mask today but didnt risk to try accept for nothing... :uhh:

Correct me if Im wrong about people blindness and hack!

[/hide]

Risking mask and testing them now, status report:

2 attempts

2 declines without nothing in trade (took items off, he had shark and coins in)

0 hacking

----------------------------

Seems like there is 1 to 15 hackers (MAYBE!)

And 100 to 300 blindness scammers

Be careful people!

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!!! Ugh! I'm so mad. Lost full rune, rune scimmy, rune halberd, and 385k!!!. Pretty much my entire fortune. :(

It's happened to me when you've finished the trade, then they suddenly take out the money.

I lost a rune scimmy and an obby cape because of this.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

i have been scammed once and that was in the classic. It was the trust thing...lost my full iron... :wall: lol

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

Okay, one day, many, many months ago, someone switched coal with iron on me.

I was buying coal 100 ea (yes, I know, what a noob! This was back in the days - it may have actually been 150 each, but I know it was less than 200)

and this guy offered 100 coal. I put up the coins' worth, and accepted. He declined, offered again, and switched the coal with iron before the second trade screen. By now, I was getting annoyed, and furiously hit "accept" and lo and behold, I'd payed 10k for 100 iron.

The irony (bad pun) is that I payed the normal price for iron...so I wasn't really scammed...

but I bet the "scammer" was really happy that he'd pulled that on me.

Also, when I was trying to sell a rune full helm on a f2p world, I kept getting 30k-to-3k attempts, so I got so fed up I alched it. Grr. :x

newtipitsig.jpg

Barrows drops: Verac's Brassard - Tooth Half - D med - Ahrim's staff - Karil's Crossbow - Loop Half - Guthan's Helm!!

Sadly I was "scammed" out of my Green Partyhat. It wasn't a scam really, but I trusted a friend with it, but it seemed that a pixle was worth more then our friendship.

My advice:

NEVER TRUST ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW IN REAL LIFE WITH STUFF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE!

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

Selling a drag axe I got from dks for 2.4m

some guys offers 2512k and 10 red chinchompas

(Im like ok! sweet deal!)

he declines and says: 'oops no chins'

trade again

he switches amount to 2212k

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I realized it was a scam just as I pressed the accept button on the second trade window :XD:

Oh well it was only a 200k loss so no biggie.

Never been scammed :)

Someone once tried to lure me though. I was buying full Veracs for 4.9m, and someone said they'd sell for 4.75m. I didn't suspect anything because it was reasonably close to what I was offering.

Anyway, they say "Meet at mind altar? If I leave my runners do." I had forgotten how close it was to wild :(

Luckily I figured out it was a lure when I saw someone one level higher than me standing about 2 steps north of the lurer, dressed in Infinity. If the pair had been a bit more subtle I may have quit a while ago :(

I have been playing 2 and a half years and have been scammed twice. Pretty good IMO, since most players are the targets of scams hundreds of times throughout their time on RS.

The first time I got scammed, my account was barely 2 weeks old. I made 50k from selling feathers 5 ea (I felt as if I was the richest player back then). A guy in varrock east bank was selling rune pick for 20k. I knew they were 32k at the dwarven mine, so I thought it was a good deal. I fell for the switcheroo trick, got a mere bronze pick. I was extremely frustated at losing 20k. That was 4k chicken's worth of feathers down the drain :wall: . I even sent a letter to customer support saying how so-and-so scammed me 20k. To add insult to injury, I recieved an automated message stating that I would never get my 20k back.

From then on, I have always checked the 2nd trade screen. It worked- I didn't get scammed for over 2 years. Unfortunately, the day I lapsed, I losted 800k to a scammer. He was selling 3597 yew longs (U) 250 ea, which was a bargain. I offered 899250 gp, which was the exact value. He declined and asked for 900k. I offered 899250 again. He also declined again. I then thought to myself "What the hell, 750 extra gp is nothing" I traded a third time with 900k as my offer. When I accepted, I received 3597 willow longs (U). The reason I was so effectively scammed was that seeing the yew longs (U) in the first 2 trades lured me into a false sense of security, and I foolishly thought that the 3rd trade would be no different. In the end, I sold the willow longs back for 30 gp ea.

In retrospect, I really see that I made a great deal of progress in my RS career. After being scammed the first time, I was extremely upset with the scammer and myself. It would take me 3 hours to earn back 20k. Yet, 2 years later, I managed to brush off the 2nd scam as if it were nothing. I made back the 800k I lost in half an hour merchanting.

devast8u.png

devast8u.png

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who can read Binary code and those who can't.

I was scammed once i hit my first 4million. I was in world 2 all happy that i was going to buy my first full veracs the day i got my first 4mil (i actually had 4.9mil) so i saw someone selling full veracs for 3.9mil... so i bought it... Turns out No Namer B changed the helm with another skirt, so i was down... i had to sell that skirt and borrow a friends 300k to buy the helm. Worth scam ever i lost 1.4mil CHECK SECOND TRADE WINDOW FOR ALL BARROWS ITEMS NOT JUST 4 "VERACS" ARMOR PIECES!!!

I can't believe it, he was a lvl 100 No Namer B... unbelievable... now im working to get back on track...

Trevor92223.png

I've been scammed out of a Whip (which I bought for 2m) and a D Axe (which I bout for 3.2m) since April...by supposed friends.

I also got scammed on World 2...got like 10k for 4k lobsters...the world was so crowded and everyone was talking and I got distracted and didn't look at how much money was put up close enough. I should have got 1m for the 4k lobsters.

yea man...same deal here

except instead of a whip and a D Axe,

my supposed friend took off with my 20k nature runes

this was when i was still f2p so they were basically 6mil...

...up to 98 combat ;D, along with a current 84 smithing, 75 crafting, and 84 fletching...