I hate Global Warming!

honeo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And.....this topic is basically false, because it is caused by el nino, which happens every 4-5 years, and not global warming.

A completely static weather phenomenon that would never ever be afflictied in amplitude nor frequency by something as trivial as global warming.

Too subtle?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

You won't be agreeing when it gets to summer with 40c temperatures. :P

I'd love it

I second that. Just not in the winter :wink:

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

In sweeden? I call lies. :lol:

Nah, s'true. The usual what'sthiswhitestuffandwhoatrafficjustcollapsed a few days on November - not even late November - and then nothing.

Went for a drive past a termometer just the other day and it showed +6C. In January? Uhmz?

And.....this topic is basically false, because it is caused by el nino, which happens every 4-5 years, and not global warming.

A completely static weather phenomenon that would never ever be afflictied in amplitude nor frequency by something as trivial as global warming.

Too subtle?

I got what I posed from the weather channel, which is normally correct on things about weather...hence,...the WEATHER channel.

In sweeden? I call lies. :lol:

Nah, s'true. The usual what'sthiswhitestuffandwhoatrafficjustcollapsed a few days on November - not even late November - and then nothing.

Went for a drive past a termometer just the other day and it showed +6C. In January? Uhmz?

It's only +9c here in England. :P

knkcopy.jpg

I got what I posed from the weather channel, which is normally correct on things about weather...hence,...the WEATHER channel.

So, in your opinion, El Nino and La Nina are static weather phenomenon that are not affected in frequency or amplitude by global warming?

So, in your opinion, El Nino and La Nina are static weather phenomenon that are not affected in frequency or amplitude by global warming?

It may be amplified, but there is no data backing up what you just said.

If you look at some "Deep Time" charts, you see that the Earth has gone through many warm eras, and some cold ones. It is only a few degrees warmer throughout the world on average. I am not saying that global warming isn't be a factor, I am saying that there could be many factors contributing to what is going on throughout the world.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

It may be amplified, but there is no data backing up what you just said.

There's no data backing up what exactly? That El Nino and La Nina are affected by global warming? There is no single accurate model that can predict how they are affected by global warming, but that certainly isn't the same thing as no data saying that such an effect is possible. Pure logic should dictate that a *global* weather phenomenon would have effects felt, I don't know, globally? So I'll ask you the same question; Do you think it's a static weather phenomena that is unaffected by global warming?

If you look at some "Deep Time" charts, you see that the Earth has gone through many warm eras, and some cold ones. It is only a few degrees warmer throughout the world on average. I am not saying that global warming isn't be a factor, I am saying that there could be many factors contributing to what is going on throughout the world.

Counting from when, compared to what?

All I know is that I'm in TO and if it means I can walk around outside during JANUARY with just wearing a t-shirt

Global warming, [bleep] yeah!

St. Catharines hit 12 yesterday :( I just want the ponds to freeze over...

summerpngwy6.jpg

I think it's hilarious how people are trying to use this year's unseasonably warm weather as "proof" that global warming exists. Global warming DOES exist, and there's a lot of proof out there (go see An Inconvenient Truth, which makes the info very accessible) - but this isn't part of it :P

I'm under the impression that it sure didn't help. The last 6+ years here in Minnesota, there hasn't been any snow at all. We'll get a good 4 inches one time and it'll melt...I haven't gone snow boarding in at least 4 years, lol. Bought a $500 board and still have yet to even use it...

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I live in toronto, and i just got back from a plane from florida. My bro wore shorts out of the airport in TO, and he was warm :?

I remember around 4 years ago we had snow days and a -30 day once.... now, the low for this winter was what? -3?

jjroxlu7.jpg

Has anyone thought of possibly a combination of El Nino and Global Warming? Anyway, surely it cant be two El Nino years running, because 2006 has been the hottest year ever for the UK, and 2007 will be the hottest year ever globally, and i think i heard that 2007 is an El Nino year, so perhaps we are getting some 'El Nino [bleep]es' but that is over the growing trend that is global warming. Damit, why did i have to be born in this generation? (Im 14 atm)

It seems the previous generations screwed it up for us. We are going to suffer, and then our children will suffer even more. :-w

We are pretty damn screwed. <.<

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I know what you mean. Up here in the northeast it's in the mid 60's! :?

Usually by now we've gotten at least two major snow storms. This year we got less than an inch that melted later that day. As I'm typing I'm wearing short sleeves!

Curse you, El Nỉ̮̱̉o!

Sorry, ignorance slapping ya in the face again...

What's El Nino?

El Nino -

a weather phenomenon that occurs in the eastern and central equatorial Pacific Ocean. During an El Nỉ̮̱̉o, the affected area's winds weaken and sea temperatures become warmer

I really just want to go snowboarding. Me and my buds go snowboarding every winter break, this is the first winter break we didn't go. The reason was, it did not snow. ONCE. I blame Global Warming, as it is rising Global Temperatures and making it less likely to snow.

I have to say, the superficial nature of your post annoys me a little. Here in Australia, we are in the worst drought in over 100 years and possibly the worst in recorded history. As a result of global warming (and possibly other factors) our major cities water supplies are dwindling at an alarming rate.

Can't go snowboarding? Well thats to bad because in around 50 years or less I might not be able to drink water and face the prospect of moving to a different part of the country.

off topic:

haha, same here! We actualy opened up all our windows and stuff lol. (virgina here)

Do you live in Richmond? Thats where Lamb of Gog are from. :D