Old attractor vs New attractor

Malhavok

Haven't tried either of them our because I don't walk much.

Dang, Jagex just removed the door at Lathas' Camp, because otherwise you could range from there! :wall:

They removed the door?? How can you pick up the bones, seeds and arrows then?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, Jagex just removed the door at Lathas' Camp, because otherwise you could range from there! :wall:

That would spoil the training spot a bit, especially for people who go there for prayer xp

to the people that say there was no use for it before this update, i can say, it was, and it still is!

the accumulator gives 4+ bonus in ranged attack, the greatest in the game. so if it picks up arrows or not, i would still use it, as you can't use anything better to hit more hard/often

Scherzo.png

There is a hole in the fence to squeeze through now

It seemed from the exact wording of the update that the Accumulator still makes new arrows, but at a much, much slower rate than previously. Is that true, or was it simply a way of saying that the Accumulator doesn't make new arrows anymore at all?

It seemed from the exact wording of the update that the Accumulator still makes new arrows, but at a much, much slower rate than previously. Is that true, or was it simply a way of saying that the Accumulator doesn't make new arrows anymore at all?

It makes them, just at a slower rate. I think the best uses for this is with large foes (more than one space) so you can safespot, and still manage to collect the arrows. I wonder, do they pick up all ranged weapons/ ammo?

So far, I know this:

All metals are picked up.

Arrows: Yes

Normal Bolts: Yes

Gem tipped bolts: Probably

Enchanted bolts: Probably

'Brutal' arrows: Yes

Bolt racks: They do not appear on the ground, so no.

Javelins: ?

Throwing rings: ?

Throwaxes: ?

Attractors create all raw iron objects, iron arrows, iron knives, iron bolts, clockwork mice.

Accumulators likewise, but with steel.

Some question marks to fill, any answers?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't see why everyone says the old accumulator was a waste. It gave free arrows, so why not wear it? Not like anyother normal cape helps you in any tremendous way that you have to wear it.

I haven't tried the new one but from what everyone says, it seems really useful (duh XD). Hopefully I can get some range trianing in before I go F2P.

icecube7.jpeg

It makes them, just at a slower rate. I think the best uses for this is with large foes (more than one space) so you can safespot, and still manage to collect the arrows. I wonder, do they pick up all ranged weapons/ ammo?

So far, I know this:

All metals are picked up.

Bolt racks: They do not appear on the ground, so no.

Attractors create all raw iron objects, iron arrows, iron knives, iron bolts, clockwork mice.

Some question marks to fill, any answers?

Yes it does

Yes it does

Bolt racks: They do not appear on the ground, so no. Exactly

ranger4life995ut.gif

I've just been using mine at the aberrant spectres. Nothing blocking the line of sight, just ranging them from a couple of spaces from me while they mage me. The accumulator works quite well, apart from it usually doesnt pick up one or two arrows per kill, so I have to walk over and pick them up anyway

It is rather annoying because i might as well not be using it at all (apart from the range bonus :P)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Out of intrest does it work well at abyssal demons?

Havn't played in a good 6 months and was wondering would love to get back on the top 21 range goal :P, I know crystal bow is well used at demons but I always felt cheated due to their terrible range defense and whips arn't worth enough for karils to be viable anymore. So any opinions?

tipitsigkk0.jpg

has any one suggested this at blue dragons?

if im not mistaken almost alll raneg spots theyr are open

Genius idea. :D

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

I've just been using mine at the aberrant spectres. Nothing blocking the line of sight, just ranging them from a couple of spaces from me while they mage me. The accumulator works quite well, apart from it usually doesnt pick up one or two arrows per kill, so I have to walk over and pick them up anyway

It is rather annoying because i might as well not be using it at all (apart from the range bonus :P)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

For me the same, so I assume it's for everyone.. What's the point of this change if you still need to pick up your last arrows... (unless you leave them, that's what I do with cheaper arrows..)

But ok, i like the rangebonus :)

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Sucks. Nerfing the arrow spawn annoyed me greatly. I went back to my lowly Slayer cape.

yea i really liked the free arrows, i mean i do like how it is now, but now its more like the 5 random arrows i get are more annoying then useful

has any one suggested this at blue dragons?

if im not mistaken almost alll raneg spots theyr are open

iv used it at teh blue drags near yanniel and it hasnt worked for me so far, though ill have to test it out at dust devils later on after my cb lvl

seeing im there so much

personaly i like the new one still though, retreving any arrows is a good bonus for me :P

A servant to your dreams, this blood will spill

sigku3.jpg