Dissections?(Warning, graphic pig pictures on pg3, no blood)

Lionheart_0

My biggest was a cat in AP Bio senior year.

I've also done a pig, several frogs and a worm.

I absolutely love it, too bad my father wont approve of me being doctor. Engineering here I come -.-

Foooman.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, what do you intend to find dissecting a tiny peice of owl poo?

(Except of course if you're *really* ananlyzing it)

Owl pellets are hardened owl vomit. Sort of. I don't feel like explaining. And you find rodent bones. And bugs.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My freshman year I dissected a fetal pig. This year in Anatomy I've done- sheep's brain and eye, sheep heart, and a cat. I was pretty excited at first for the cat lab but It really sort of was awful. It takes 3 class periods and we had to fill out a ton of stuff. We didn't really learn anything that we couldn't have from a book. I'm not really against it (depends on how the animal was retrieved) but I do think they were all pretty unnecessary. Plus the cats started to smell after the first day.

After every fishing trip I get a nice dissection lesson. (guttin' the salmon) After pulling up a pot full of crabs out of the ocean in a crabbing trip, I get a dissection lesson preparing the crabs. Hook the crab's carapice on the edge of the boat, and pull down. (nice satisfying ripping sound) Lots of crab juice and innards are at your disposal for your biology class. Toss carapice and remove crab's private part (really just a shell for those who are disgusted). Snap crab in half and shake the halves to remove gills. Toss into boiler, once cooked put in an ice box to eat 'em cold.

100% educational and you can donate the parts to a biology class if you wish. I have never dissected an animal in the actual classroom though.

Excuse me, what do you intend to find dissecting a tiny peice of owl poo?

(Except of course if you're *really* ananlyzing it)

I actually found it to be quite entertaining when I did it, you'd be amazed at how many different kinds of rodent bones you can find in just one owl pellet.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

YEah we disseceted a rat once. :-s :-s :-s :-s Yewch it stank of ... the funny stuff they put in it to stop it smelling even worse? \'

Ive dissected a sheep lung and a cow heart. Nothing too bad really, I think I was the only girl to actually do it though.

The only time I nearly passed out was when I watched a dog get spayed. And that was only because the woman doing the surgery was a fruit cake. She had both arms, up to her elbow, into the dog and pulling out various organs in all directions. The smell wasn't that bad, just how easily and carelessly she was moving it all about.

knkcopy.jpg

YEah we disseceted a rat once. :-s :-s :-s :-s Yewch it stank of ... the funny stuff they put in it to stop it smelling even worse? \'

Formaldehyde ;)

My pig must of been bathing in it for along time. We took it out again today, and since we had removed the intestines yesterday, there was a large cavity open. We drained it all out into the pan yesterday, but today when it was brought out, the cavity was half filled again with the stuff. I think thats good though, cause our pig was better preserved today then anyone elses.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

cutclasssp0.jpg
Finally not one of the selfish people who think its fun and cool to kill frogs just to cut them open when you can do it online or w\e

I don't see why people dissect them anyways, they have no resemblance to the human system because of them not being mammals. Unless of course you just want to study them.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

cutclasssp0.jpg
Finally not one of the selfish people who think its fun and cool to kill frogs just to cut them open when you can do it online or w\e

Actually I just found the pic to be funny, I'm not completly against dissections, its disgusting at times yes, but thats just life for you, I'm against dissecting things that are still living, though it may show us how a living system works, its very cruel, if its already dead then I have no problem with it, its a great teaching tool.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

I've only dissected a pig's kidney. :|

But I did see a program on Channel 4 (UK) about human dissection with that german doctor (I forgot his name), it was pretty graphic, but very interesting.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

WHAT?! ?! PEOPLE STILL DO DISSECTIONS WHILE THE ANIMAL'S ALIVE?!?!

I believe so. It is called vivisection. In ancient Greece, they did that with convicted criminals :uhh:

That's disgusting! The poor animals!!! Seriously, that's not even funny!! That's just barbaric. :shock: :shock: