Donating blood?

knives669

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might donate blood when I can. I don't know exactly the commonness of O- blood is but it's what I've got :P So yeah, I probably will :D

7% is the number I was taught at school.

Vmser.png

I might donate blood when I can. I don't know exactly the commonness of O- blood is but it's what I've got :P So yeah, I probably will :D

7% is the number I was taught at school.

O- is the standard universal donor. Their going to call you constantly if you go to a normal blood donor place(not a 1 day clinic thing)

~M

I would, but they dont come to our schools to get blood. My blood is an extreamly common type anyways, so they probably have tons of it.
They can always use more blood.

AB blood = universal receiver

0 blood = universal donor

We just learned that in bio. I got a blood test, didn't squirm or anything at all. :) I'm giving when I can.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

I certainly will when I'm old enough. I'm also getting a donor card - if I die suddenly in a car accident or something, about 16 people my age could benefit from my death. I'd much rather let someone have my organs and give them another wholesome chance at live them be buried in some titchy claustrophobic coffin six feet in some strange unfamiliar place surrounded by dead people and a church. (No offence to anyone)

But, yeah... back on topic... I'm pretty sure I will give blood when I'm old enough.

Scared of the needle hurting though... :uhh:

I thought your organs were useless when you're dead.

Hmmm heard that from my friend, anyone confirm/deny with source?

Hmm, I thought O- was common, oh well. My school does something where they take their mini bus to the hospital (Which is about a 2 minute drive from where I live :P ) And they take you out of one or two periods. I am about 3-4 years away from the legal age so it will be a while :P

I certainly will when I'm old enough. I'm also getting a donor card - if I die suddenly in a car accident or something, about 16 people my age could benefit from my death. I'd much rather let someone have my organs and give them another wholesome chance at live them be buried in some titchy claustrophobic coffin six feet in some strange unfamiliar place surrounded by dead people and a church. (No offence to anyone)

But, yeah... back on topic... I'm pretty sure I will give blood when I'm old enough.

Haven't you ever heard of a heart/kidney/lung transplant?

Read:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_transplant

Haven't you ever heard of a heart/kidney/lung transplant?

Read:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_transplant

To be honest, no I havn't, except in those comedy movies but I don't trust them.

Yeah, my bad. I think my friend was trying to say if person is brain+heart dead without life support or anything for some period of time.

I would, but they dont come to our schools to get blood. My blood is an extreamly common type anyways, so they probably have tons of it.
They can always use more blood.

AB blood = universal receiver

0 blood = universal donor

We just learned that in bio. I got a blood test, didn't squirm or anything at all. :) I'm giving when I can.

AB + = universal receiver

0- = universal donor.

Just bear in mind that - can give to + but + cannot give to - (+ and - being the Rhesus factor)

Vmser.png

Its 16 Years Old in Sydney. And there's a massive shortage for blood, so when I turn 16 in a few months I'll definitely give blood. Its a great gift you can give someone. And it saves lives! :)

Its 16 Years Old in Sydney. And there's a massive shortage for blood, so when I turn 16 in a few months I'll definitely give blood. Its a great gift you can give someone. And it saves lives! :)

I always thought it was 17. Oh well, I'll get it done at whatever age :P

Guest AshKaYu

Yeah, what does it cost you? A ride home?

Im glad you are okay now. I havn't yet made up my mind wheather or not I'll donate blood. Got a good 4 more years to think. -.-

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

i think donating blood is a great thing to do. im gonna do it too when im old enough,

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

i used to go with my mum wen she gave blodd wen i was little (still does) and i thort id never give blood coz of the needle

but now soon as im 16 i will

in australia u need to be 18 to giv blood and u can at 16 if a parent says its ok

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

I've given a few times (three I think...). Every experience has been good. First time I did it, I was a bit nervous, and didn't know what to expect, and I didn't really get a good breakfast, so it took a little while. The second time I ate a lot and drank a lot of water starting the day before, and it went incredibly well, and I didn't even feel the needle, and it went very fast, since I was hydrated. The last time I did it, it was a bit uncomfortable in my arm, I think because of how it was put in.

I haven't ever needed blood, but I'd like to think that when I need it, it will be there for me.

And last time I went, some kid puked all over the place right before I donated. He didn't take it so well...

peterstretchfn5.gif

The requirement when my high school gave blood is 17 years and 110 pounds in weight.

And if you want any incentive for being willing to endure the needle stick, take this anecdote with you: My parents sent me to a doctor because they thought i was having problems and losing weight. My doctor randomly decided to give me a full blood workup, where we were all shocked to discover i was infected with chronic Hepatitis B. Surprise!

Now its off to the doctor every 2 weeks to draw 9 vials for progress checks.

Worth it? Every painful second.

Besides, if you get the cute nurse to take your blood, it always goes near-painlessly :P

I had a similar experience. I had to get a menegitis (did i spell that right?) C vaccination. I wasn't scared (only one who wasn't scared of the shots). I walked up ,they asked me some questions. They swabbed my arm. Took out a really pointy needle (this is when I gave the needle a nervous glance) and they stuck it in my arm. OUCH! Nah, just kidding. I've had pin[puncture]s worse than that. I said "that's it?" and walked away. When I sat down again, I nearly threw up and passed out. They made me breathe in a paper bag and lie down. Good times, good times :D

jjroxlu7.jpg

i cant give blood seeing as im not old enough. I have very big veins (good for body building :P ), so when i had to have blood tests because of pnuemonia (however you spell it), it was no problem.

Off topic-

your arms are very white :o :D :-w

I will this spring, since it's the first time I'll be old enough to.

I have uber-rare blood, so I believe that I should donate to the few that need it.

Btw, it's AB negative.

Uber-rare true, but uber-pwnage.

AB- is universal receiver, unless they're something wrong with my biology education it's the blood type that can accept ANY OTHER TYPE OF BLOOD.

Just some info, still, donate the blood, you never know how useful it may be.