How the heck do you train herblore?

aj926

What I'm planning to do is invest in several Greenman's Ales (+? Herblore) and make Magic Essense potions (once I can in Fairy Tale II). I'll just power-train on Goraks to get the horns (ideally I'll be able to find some safe spot), and then collect a lot of the sun flowers and go from there, emptying vials rather than storing them. Once I'm down to my last load, I'll save the potions so I can use higher level magic spells...

i last time i checked about this method, about a week after they made the quest, they changed it so that you cant power train with this method, i believe it is after they quest that goraks dont drop the second ingrenent any more

legends2.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow herbs, buy vials from store, collect seconds (booooring :P ), and mix.

What I'm planning to do is invest in several Greenman's Ales (+? Herblore) and make Magic Essense potions (once I can in Fairy Tale II). I'll just power-train on Goraks to get the horns (ideally I'll be able to find some safe spot), and then collect a lot of the sun flowers and go from there, emptying vials rather than storing them. Once I'm down to my last load, I'll save the potions so I can use higher level magic spells...

I tried that once. There are a tons of safespots there, but Goraks sometimes spawn near you, and they rarely drop claws. They drop plenty of gems, though.

228/228 Qp

i last time i checked about this method, about a week after they made the quest, they changed it so that you cant power train with this method, i believe it is after they quest that goraks dont drop the second ingrenent any more

I think they still drop claws after the quest, but not after every kill like it was when it was first released.

Well I've pretty much just started this, but I'm having my subjects in MTK get me all the herbs I need for training herblore. This is kind of a slow method, but also one that requires absolutly 0% attention. And also the kind folks there are too gathering me enough maples for 99 FM and some tree seeds to get my pitiful farming level up.

just slay...

get herbs from monsters, herb seeds and farm ...

gathers 2nd...

herblore goes up, not fast, but steady

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

well... i really usually dont...

but with 85 slayer doone and out of the way...im reallllly wanting to achieve all 70 plus stats so...i did the following earlier

bought 937 kwarums for like 4.3k each (little over priced but next step makes up for it)

bought a bunch of limps for round 500 each for all the kwarums i have...

gonna mix em up tommorow should go from 64 to almost lvl 67 herblore from all that w00t

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

You should use all that time you saved to actually read the post.

Not a matter of saving time.

I read the post and thats the way to powertrain herblore,

buying and mixing, tell me a faster way and ill bequiet until then

dont tell me what to do.

He wants a discussion on what you find to be the best way to get fast Herblore levels. You - trying to be witty - said the simplicity of Herblore, not how to powertrain it. That's like saying to powertrain Mining all you do is: Mine rock, and not saying which rock, where, how or any of the details the author desires.

You didnt tell me a faster way and its obvious the fastest way is the highest level potion, i mean whos gonna mix the lower level potions when there powertraining.

uhhh...id hate to tell but,DONT SPAM

/BUMPER

I've gone from 70 to 77 herblore (I have enough herbs for lvl 80 in my bank) all from manage thy kingdom. Granted, I've been doing this for several months, but it's the cheapest way to do it, hands down. Oh, and I've also grown my own herbs quite often.

Manage thy kingdom...just do it while you train other skills. I've barely put any effort into the skill at all other than getting seconds. Takes a while...but it's easy. :)

MUCH rather stick to flax n maples.

ive never actually bought alot of herbs, maybe like 400...

i always make my own potions, the only time i havent when i had laikrob make me like 200 sara brews.

just goto chaos druids/abberrant spectres. really doing your own work is the best especially seeing how if im like oh hey im 200k cash away from this and still want like 100k cash, ill sell like 20-30 prayer pots.

my friend trained his melee stats all to 90(from 85ish) and ended up having 800 rannarrs and @ least 400 of every higher herb.

herbs

Farm them. Seeds I get from monster drops, or thieving farmers.

Monster drops; when I go to Lumbridge swamp to do Tears, I collect a inventory full of herbs in NO time from ave bugs/crawlers. Also, most slayer monster drop some herbs. And if I feel like it, chaos druids.

2nds

Buy eyes of newts (port sarim), choc dust (RFD chest) farm lipwurt roots, or collect from hobgoblins when I get snape grass. Red spiders eggs at elven lands (go through the gates, multiple spawns there), frog legs at gnome stronghold swamp.

vials

buy in Taverly, Ardougne general shop, or make them myself (crafting!), fill vials in Falador west bank->pump

This is a cheap method, as all stuff I buy costs little money. So every potion I sell (mostly super att, str and prayer pots) makes me a profit. I usually save up herbs for a while, until I have like 50-100, then get seconds/vials and boost up herblore. Not fast, but it actually brings in money!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Just train ur farm and herblore level at the same time with supercompost.

When u have done/started Recipe for disaster and unlucked Chocalate Bars in the food shop. U can train farm and Herblore easy.

Req's:

26 Farming (optional SuperCompost) to plant Harralander seeds.

26 Herblore to make energy pots.

Plant 4 herbs in the 4 patches availble over the world.

After u have done that buy chocalate bars in Recipe chest and mortal them.

If u have around 100 chocalate dust. U go to Ardougn and buy waterfilled vials. ( if u don't have them yet ).

Then u got time left to go to taverly dungeon and kill herb npc's.

This would gain ur herb fast on low lvl

Calm_Koala.png

I just got from 50-56 in like a day, buy ranaars for 6 (if u can) or 7kea, buy wf vials from the ardy gen store, use lunar magic to get really fast snape grass off waterbirth (theres a guide on this) and sell ure p pots (3) for 7.5kea. Makin a small prof, and gettin a stack of xp. Now that i can make spr str pots i'm looking into seeing if it's possible to do the same thing, as they offer a stack more xp.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

This is my method, fastest method I have used so far. I would plant my herblore seeds, avantoes and ranarrs at My Arm's Patch. And then kill chaos druids in the time I need to wait. Return back, repeat. I got nearl 65 ranarrs and 73 avantoes, all from this method. I had around 8 ranarr seeds, 9 avantoes. Got 20 irit seeds now.

Getting the seconds is a hassle, but it saves me money.

I always do the 6 potions for 1 seed deal.

As most people have already stated, short of dumping an absolute load of cash into it there's no real 'power train' option for herblore.

Personally I farm all the herb seeds I get dropped, I buy ranarr and snap seeds when I see people selling them. Occasionally buy unids and sometimes swap MTK to herbs, though usually I leave on other resources and keep the profit to buy... Seconds. I rarely if ever collect seconds as in the time that I am doing that I could have made enough money to buy more than I collected!

Mordendravid.png

Aberrant Specters, if you're Slayer Level 60. Loads of herbs and herb seeds. Wear full proselyte and pray against magic while in combat. You'll make back any ranaars you use for prayer pots. Plant the seeds, then kill for another hour, gather the herbs, plant more seeds, rinse and repeat until you have enough herbs. Secondarys are usually pretty easy to gather; or you can pay someone to do it for you if you'd rather spend time ghost busting.

If you have anything above 64 agility, you can use an agility pot to get to Salarin The Twisted in Yanille dungeon. Zapping him with Fire Strike while killing druids until he respawns should net you two or three keys per inventory-full. Use them on the chest in the same dungeon to be rolling in torstol. Again, plant seeds while zapping.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Methods of training: Grow herbs urself (takes 70 min )

Fight Water Elementals in Elem Workshop dungeon - Get vials and herbs

Kill Chaos Druids in the Chaos Tower (lvl 46 thieving reqd to get in)

Kill Cave Crawlers (Fremm Slayer Caves - Slayer and anti-pots reqd and fairy rings help out immensely)

Kill Skeletons

All these options are close to bank except Cave Crawlers which req. a few quests to be done prior.

Fastest way to get lower level herbs stashed away is to gather swamp tar and make ammo for salamders. That way u can stack all that guam, Marrentil, Tarromin and Harralander. Without having to bank it every trip. Swamp tar can be gathered or droped by monsters in Lumby Swamp Caves

Also u should do The Grand Tree so u can access the gnome gliders. Lots of toadlegs can be easily gathered for agility pots.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

Well buying your way up is definatly the fastest but i kinda like going to druids and slayeing em they drop just about anything, the best way to train it without a money loss though is probably invest some cash into lvl 38 herblore than make some prayer pots and keep em for later use or sell

This is where they want I should sign?