Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

Also, I GET HOW EVERY ONES SAYING THEY CAN DO 1 RUN WITH 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, MY QUESTION IS THAT GET ME A MOVIE OF YOU DOING BARROWS 10 TIMES WITH ONLY 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, IF YOU DONT THEM YOUR THEORY HAS NO PROOF.

Wow, mind if i scream too?

Now, IDIOT (sorry, but thats the truth, i am a honest guy), NO ONE GIVES A FREAK ABOUT YOU NEEDING A PROOF, JUST GO DOWN TO BARROWS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

It has proven that IN THE END, YOU WILL MAKE BACK ALL THE RUNES AND EVEN MORE, for heavens sake. Just drop it and go spend time with your girlfriend or something, will you?

No one will bother making a video for you.

Margus.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I GET HOW EVERY ONES SAYING THEY CAN DO 1 RUN WITH 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, MY QUESTION IS THAT GET ME A MOVIE OF YOU DOING BARROWS 10 TIMES WITH ONLY 70 DEATHS AND 280 MINDS, IF YOU DONT THEM YOUR THEORY HAS NO PROOF.

Wow, mind if i scream too?

Now, IDIOT (sorry, but thats the truth, i am a honest guy), NO ONE GIVES A FREAK ABOUT YOU NEEDING A PROOF, JUST GO DOWN TO BARROWS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

It has proven that IN THE END, YOU WILL MAKE BACK ALL THE RUNES AND EVEN MORE, for heavens sake. Just drop it and go spend time with your girlfriend or something, will you?

No one will bother making a video for you.

CAUSE ITS NOT POSSIBLE, THATS WHY NO ONE WILL RECORD IT, CAUSE THEY ALL KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T, IF YOUR ALL SO SURE THEN MAKE A VIDEO AND ILL SHUT UP

Trojann can you get leesters the barrows legend on this thread to shut this cretin up?

I'd love to see him try and shout him down :lol:

EDIT - wait! i have it

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=497 ... ht=barrows

Everyway to mage barrows, a video of how slayer dart is REPLENISHED We win, you lose, shut up

My max with dart is 19 and i can mage torag and guthan and verac wearing full guthans and i rarely splash on them.

Here: for captainkidd there is a total proof that you can do barrows infinite times if you don't die and have the pray pots needed if you use slayer dart.

runescapekuva6rc8.png

I had 50 prayer pots noted and 1k deaths and 4k mind runes and I used the sell-to-shop-and-rebuy method to get prayer potions. I spent almost a week there with the 50 potions + the ones that i had in my inv. There even were some barrows items like karil bow and half keys that I had to bank at Bourgh De Rott (or something like that)

The screenshot is from the second last run of that camping trip (as you can see from the prayer potion lol)

I did get a spear from that trip too :D

(not to forget the brassard I didn't bank yet...)

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)

wind strike is cheaper... youll only need 500 a trip > 10k :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Captain, I disagree with your theory. The Barrows chest gives minds and deaths back if you kill the right monsters to get a decent KC.

So Fire Bolt is NOT the most cost effective.

You can always sell the minds and deaths to buy chaos and airs...

Fire Bolt would probably be slower, so is it still worth it?

Trojann can you get leesters the barrows legend on this thread to shut this cretin up?

I'd love to see him try and shout him down :lol:

EDIT - wait! i have it

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=497 ... ht=barrows

Everyway to mage barrows, a video of how slayer dart is REPLENISHED We win, you lose, shut up

No need, If he doesn't like that video that you posted. He can go waste his time with Fire Bolts forever.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

ok let me try very hard to be civil, we're not using 70 deaths and 280 minds for 10 runs we're using that much per run, then when we open the chest (with kc 15+) we get those runes back. if you don't understand this I have to say this is proof of how low the community has sunk :boohoo:

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

Well just since no one else bothered to look at his stats.... he doesn't have 55 slayer. Fire bolt is a good alternative if you don't have 55 slayer, but as others have said it takes more time and the "inconvenience" of getting more air runes. Like jwrm said wind strike is cheaper. What he didn't say is that you'd waste all your money on p pots and not to mention time.

Sc.png

Oh, I get it! Captainkidd opens the chest with 0 kill count and doesn't understand why he doesn't get anything! It all makes sense!

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Oh, I get it! Captainkidd opens the chest with 0 kill count and doesn't understand why he doesn't get anything! It all makes sense!
you mean with only the orignal 6 kc, that would explain everything...... #-o

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

Really? I dont think anything can be cheaper than free. I never lose deaths or minds. If I would use a bolt spell, I would need to buy more airs/fires. Nuff said.

Oh, and also, slayer dart isn't affected by your magic bonus, as long as it is not insanely low. Fire bolt, however, is really affected by your magic bonus. So, with slayer dart, you can wear armor and not have to use prayer as much.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No, I'm sorry, this is not valid.

In about 400 runs I've only spent around 80k on runes for slaya dart.

And with fire bolt, it takes waaaay longer, and time is money. Also, you'd have to buy the fires.

~Saruman

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You end up getting at least 90% of your slayer dart runes back from chest, if not more than you started with.

With fire bolt you lose every rune except chaos, and it requires you to wear something with high mage bonus, instead of slayer dart where you can wear high def bonus and not be affected.

Overall, if you have 55 slayer go with slayer dart, if not, definately go with bolt or blast.

W-Field_2010.png

I found out that slayer dart is not the most profitable spell you can use, Fire bolt is.

1 Run with Fire bolt you use 100 choas and 300 airs (21k)

1 run with slayer dart you use 75 deaths and 300 minds (28.5k)

Now thats 7.5k diffrence, thats not alot but what if you did barrows 100 times thats 750k!

So think twice next time when you do to do 100+ barrows runs with slayer dart, Will you spend the extra 750k?

It takes me 45-55 shots with dart. By your math, I'll go for Slayer Dart.

Everyone- stop using profits to try and prove your point. It doesn't matter if you got a Guthans Warspear, you'd still be losing money if Captian is right. Stop all this "but it's worth millions, so it doesn't matter" crap. No matter how much you make, your costs still affect the total profit. By your logic it's okay to use Charged God Spells or Ice Barrage when DK'ing. And if at least half the people here are DK'ers (unlikely), most of you would have the brains to realize that your argument supports your opinion in no way at all.

If you want to prove your point, talk about speed Barrowing, or the fact that Slayer Dart actually is more cost effective. This repetitive bs is getting annoying.

And with fire bolt, it takes waaaay longer, and time is money. Also, you'd have to buy the fires.

~Saruman

Fire Runes have to be the most abundant item in this game...

Captain, I disagree with your theory. The Barrows chest gives minds and deaths back if you kill the right monsters to get a decent KC.

So Fire Bolt is NOT the most cost effective.

Gain a logic level or two. Deaths and minds are worth the same amount, whether you sell them and buy different runes, or re use them later. That argument has nothing to do with whether it is cost effective or not.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Okay, since I just read through this thread, and saw NOT ONE sensible argument for why Slayer Dart is cheaper, I'm just going to post my stance.

For Magic Levels under 80, Fire Bolt is a better, cheaper option. Basically, I'm agreeing with Captain.

Yes, Slayer Dart is faster in that you replenish your runes and can thus camp there or not having to waste time buying new runes. I know that. Fire Bolt, if Captain's math is correct (which seems to be true) is a cheaper way of Barrowing.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Umm...slayer dart is way faster and more efficient. Plus it doesn't matter if you have 50 magic or 99 magic..you'll do the same damage.

Someone has never used magic dart #-o

Here's the damage formula for magic dart:

D = 10+(m/10)

D = max damage

m = your magic level (rounded down to the nearest 10)

Which basically means that you'll hit a max of 15 at 50 and 19 at 99. Good observational skills :roll:

Okay, since I just read through this thread, and saw NOT ONE sensible argument for why Slayer Dart is cheaper, I'm just going to post my stance.

For Magic Levels under 80, Fire Bolt is a better, cheaper option. Basically, I'm agreeing with Captain.

Yes, Slayer Dart is faster in that you replenish your runes and can thus camp there or not having to waste time buying new runes. I know that. Fire Bolt, if Captain's math is correct (which seems to be true) is a cheaper way of Barrowing.

As far as costliness, yes, Reb and Captain are right. But considering the EFFICIENCY of using fire bolt in comparison to magic dart, magic dart is much better to use BECAUSE you get the runes back. This is a discussion on the cost, not the efficiency.

captainkidd, I see your iq must be below 70, theres nothing to prove here! whats so hard to understand about the fact that runes are replenished at the chest? can your pea sized brain not understand that?? nobody is going to make a video to prove that you get mind and chaos runes from the chest to a moron like you whose iq can never go above 65. Should I make a video to prove that the 702 drops the fire cape? what kind of an idiot are you?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=si_rf1E8RW4

happy?