Woodcutting Analysis: Dragon Axe vs. Rune Axe

PhelimReagh

Finally, I get sick off people saying i've wasted money on a D axe that's only "0.3%" faster. The ignorance goes on when they clearly have not got as much time wcing as me, so I thank you for your experiment to prove that the D axe is infact faster.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing that the benefit probably settles around 10%. If you're going for 99 WC, 10% less time is quite a lot. Even if it's only 5%, it's worth it to me.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I need 112k willows for 99 WC. I'll also assume that with the rune axe, I can cut 700 an hour. That's 160 hours. Even at 5%, the dragon axe saves me 8 hours - probably close to a week of playing.

To me, that's very much worth it.

I lose my head like every other run (anyone know a way to get rid of this/make it occur less often... or am I just crazy unlucky?). So I REALLY don't want to risk a 3M+ item just for a bit of WC xp.

Otherwise, I'm right with you.

You might want to move to PMGuides. Or at least I'd like to see it there :)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

So the truth is finnaly here, rune is almost as good as dragon :-k . I'd still get a dragon and cut then sell for the extra 8% ::'

Saying that "rune is almost as good as dragon" is one way of looking at the data.

Another person can also look and say "wow, dragon is signficantly better than rune".

When you look at the long term impact of an 8-13% improvement, I think you'll get a different impression.

Also, added 4 more loads of each into the analysis...

Even if it's 1-2 mins saved per run in cutting 1k logs your saving your self between 35 and 70 minutes, builds up doesn't it?

Based on the data I accumulated, cutting 1K Yews with a Dragon Axe would have saved me 40:15.0

I would estimate that, were I to cut yews from here on out to 99, I would save anywhere from 20-30 hours using a Dragon Axe. That's pretty significant.

(The current time difference is 2.4 seconds/yew. I estimated in the long run a difference of 1.2 over all the cutting I'd do on the way to 99. 63K x 1.2 seconds = 21 hours)

thanks for statistics - I just finished 99wcing and those 15% are about that difference

to price complainers:

why dont you compare for example price of d chain based on how much LOBS do you save, while wearin them :-k #-o :boohoo: Or maybe how many drops an hour u get more with whip :shame:

Time is worth something, imagine how many hours ive saved while training from lvl 89 to lvl 99 thanks to d axe..

thanks for statistics - I just finished 99wcing and those 15% are about that difference

to price complainers:

why dont you compare for example price of d chain based on how much LOBS do you save, while wearin them :-k #-o :boohoo: Or maybe how many drops an hour u get more with whip :shame:

Time is worth something, imagine how many hours ive saved while training from lvl 89 to lvl 99 thanks to d axe..

Well my apprehension with buying the dragon axe is the chance that you will loose it when the head flies off. It happens to people all the time. Loosing a rune axe head = 15k lost. Loosing a dragon axe head = 3.2m lost.

A lot of people are complaining about losing their dragon head... As long as you're not afking, you'll be fine...

I think I'll go for a d ax when I become members... I think it's worth the money because it really shouldn't be too hard to get the money back...

thanks a lo dude i'm going for 99 wcing 78 atm 80k exp from 79 but i have a rune axe my friends say i should get a dragon axe but ive been wondering if i should ive never known if there the same or different and now that i read this i see that dragon axe may be of use so ty and good job.

ssxisfun.png

ssxisfun.gif

ssxisfun.gif

A lot of people are complaining about losing their dragon head... As long as you're not afking, you'll be fine...

Quite right.

And if I'm not mistaken, the head will only fall off when you start on a tree. It will not happen mid-tree. Just like a Treant/Ent will appear when you start on a tree, not while you're in the midst of cutting.

If that is the case, then simply take a few extra seconds and make sure, when starting to cut, you don't get a treant or lose and axe-head.

Or if you know you're going to AFK a lot, use a Rune Axe for that session.

Keep it up!

Of course Dragon should be better than Rune.

+1

~Saruman

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Quite right.

And if I'm not mistaken, the head will only fall off when you start on a tree. It will not happen mid-tree. Just like a Treant/Ent will appear when you start on a tree, not while you're in the midst of cutting.

But a random on a tree such as that dreadful Treant appears not only by you but by other clicking the tree. If you happen to have a tree planted then you are fine but watch out.

I got a Dragon Axe. I do not notice a difference much but this clearly shows I'll save at least 8 hours. I am chopping 20,000 yews for fletching and plan on planting my own yew. For all those saying they will lose money, you won't. You can easily merchant or resell the axe to get the money back. Just think, 3,000 mages will pay off the axe so no worries.

I recommend anyone going for 99 to get it. It will save you hours and hours of woodcutting. Maybe you might save a week's worth of time.

I used a dragon axe from 86 to 99 woodcut, and I loved it. It is definitely faster, there's no question about that... and like I told the countless people who asked me while cutting, it is definitely worth getting if you're doing some long-term cutting.

you can do what I did, just finish woodcutting and resell it. I basically rented mine for a few weeks and made all my money back :D

though, do watch out for those stray axe heads... I've seen more than a few people lose them, and they weren't too happy about that.

dino_da_gino.png