My Story.

r2-pleasent

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it was definitely a great read. you must've been an amazing merchant, and i respect that (i hate merchanting). and i agree with pretty much everything troj and wakka said

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

jagex fries any type of price hype now days. i got a 3 day bann for raising the prices of whips a couple hundred k for a couple hrs.

its not really that hard.

but cool beans for you

i dont buy that one bit.

I do. Fanatics like him who spend hours on the forum making fake offers and new threads exclaiming how they got inside information that whips are now rarer are grounds for at least forum bans. Like Ares said, it's not hard to do that for a few hours, but why waste your time?

Back on topic: R2, do you plan to come back to merchant, or just play the game/chat with friends?

he may have manipulated prices for some items for a while, maybe hours maybe days, but i seriously do not see him getting 3 day banned, especially if it was soley on world 2. now RS official forums...maybe.

jagex fries any type of price hype now days. i got a 3 day bann for raising the prices of whips a couple hundred k for a couple hrs.

its not really that hard.

but cool beans for you

i dont buy that one bit.

I do. Fanatics like him who spend hours on the forum making fake offers and new threads exclaiming how they got inside information that whips are now rarer are grounds for at least forum bans. Like Ares said, it's not hard to do that for a few hours, but why waste your time?

Back on topic: R2, do you plan to come back to merchant, or just play the game/chat with friends?

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what I intend to do. Lately I've been chatting mostly with friends in Fally Park, sure feels weird not having a few Phats to sell :P, but it's cool to talk to people that I spent so much time with in the past. I've always had a passion for high-level merchanting, but the pure grunt-work of getting back into that class is quite taxing. I'll see what the future brings.

sig7uu.png

Ah, I saw this coming already long ago,

Ive always had and have great respect for you and Duke <3, and ive never though its either bad to manip. the prices or Real world item trade, whatever float your boats works for me. =D> Nice post indeed, and as people say nowadays;

Gf R2pleasent.

Adelais.jpeg

he may have manipulated prices for some items for a while, maybe hours maybe days, but i seriously do not see him getting 3 day banned, especially if it was soley on world 2. now RS official forums...maybe.

Price manipulation has always been against the rules and, as I always pointed out, it simply falls under the section item scamming.

When I was player mod, I was actually muting and reporting people for it and was nearly always backed up by Jagex in doing so.

Anything from claiming that "SANTA'S WILL RISE BY X-MAS", "Santa's will be xxx MIL by xmas", fake buying, fake selling, "All sell your rares they are about to crash" is price manipulation (especially if it's spammed in chat) and thus a punishable offense. Sadly it was never enforced much and still isn't.

People never even heard about price manipulation happening till I started mentioning it anyway and after that it still took ~1.5 year before an official rule against price manipulation was made on the official forums.

His banning i couldn't care less about, i am apathetic on people that sell GP.

What I was remarking on was his half wine and white party hat manipulations. Though not illegal on Runescape by any means, it certainly is illegal if attempted in real life.

Not only does r2-pleasent have a broken moral compass, he:

1) in no way deserves respect for being able to manipulate prices in a game filled with naive youngsters

2) Would most definitely get eaten alive in the real world, where people are smarter, more ruthless, and things like this are most definitely illegal (possibly explaining why he spent so much time on runescape instead of something actually productive)

3) Is only posting this because he wants yet more throngs of people heralding the ground he walks on.

Your escapades are nothing more than an unimpressive (though interesting) anecdote.

i honestly agree with you 200% you couldnt have said it any better then what was going through my mind while reading his story

Clean_Staker.png

I remember when you first started using your signature. :P Didn't know you were banned though.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Fair game on the orchestration of the rise of the half-wine.

Real world item trading is against the rules, however, and if anything, that is the moral of this tale. I admire r2 for doing what he did on the game, but cheating (for want of a better word) I do not respect.

Private Chat Is Always On

10,183rd To 99 Fletching

I remember the first time I saw you was on these forums and the first thing I noticed was your signature. I loved it. But now being apart of the Tip It Community for a decent length of time I've gotten to learn a lot about the more famous merchants of RS like yourself. Like many have said before me it's great to learn about the man behind the merchant. Very good read. =D>

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Incredible. Truly amazing. You are a phenomenal economist.

I wish I could have developed some kind of economic savvy so soon after I joined in September of '04, maybe I'd have some kind of rare in my bank by now.

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

It is nice to see your return :) I hope all goes well in whatever you plan to do ::'

Homeworld 25 - Pure F2P - 1549 Overall

Always assisting crafting (99) or smithing (99)

Always set to on privacy, unless too many random pms. The one and only noob ^_^

Wow... Just wow...

Well, it's weird. I lost respect for you in the way of the methods you had for merchanting. But on the other hand, thinking out and understanding the economy in such a way to do this, is seriously brilliant.

But thanks for sharing anyway. That was a good read.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Very nice read!

Interesting that one person can affect a whole section of the game. I was never really into the rares market back then, but I remember being amazed at the prices going up and up each week.

Yeah interesting really. But haven't you noticed how only FEW people control the whole herb-seed-pot markets. They're prices has gone extremely high, becouse those 99-thirsty level 3 pures in fashion now (they have the cash to pay).

Yeah for the topic. I've never quite understanded how just few people can affect in thousands of players in the game. Nice. ::'

Forgot.. Nice sig you have there R2.. AND THAT BANK. <3:

u5zhkTY.gif

I very much liked to read this story.

It shows how one player can make a diffrence.To bad you got banned for just being smart.

Goodluck on your P2p account!

Cheers!

Gunker1991(Kioh Twan)

tipitsignatureyu1.jpg

How many 'scapers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1 to screw it in and 49 to complain how better it was before.

Was signed,Kioh Twan