February 14, 2007 German Language Beta Launch

aznmidget448

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of the "symbol" languages will be used. Its hard enough for english letters to be mixed around to make a different language.
when you switch languages you obviously switch alphabets aswell. German has some letters that english doesn't.

Ich komme aus England aber ich liebe Deutsch! Das ist sehr gut fur mich, weil ich mein Deutsch Uben kann.

However, I do think that Jagex should have brought out other languages first but hey, I'm not complaining! :thumbsup:

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

I don't understand why did jagex make German servers.

If they wanted to get more players, Chinese servers would have been the way to go.

Germans know some english but most of chinese don't know english.

And China has tons more potential players than Germany

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)

I must say I highly doubt Dutch will be the next language beta released.

Considering Runescape is widely known in Holland, growth opportunities here are a lot smaller then they are in Germany, France and Spain, just to give a few examples. As a company, Jagex is interested in making profit, and creating extra growth opportunities in countries where Runescape isn't played as much is much more interesting for them then giving people who are playing anyway just a little extra.

To add, I am Dutch, and I wouldnt play rs in my own language anyway, because I know it would mostly attract the little kids that greatly annoy me by spelling about every single word wrong, next to the fact that I find an international community in a English language server far more pleasant then one of only Dutch people, as I feel that most Dutch kids are arrogant, can't handle critisism and only care about themselves.

My bet is on either a French or a Spanish version next, and I do hope that the German beta will be opened up to everyone soon, I'd love to walk around to see how they translated everything.

Knight_Simon.gif

Bring on the Scottish server.... ah'm gonnae pure bash ye ya mingin' wee freek...ye waantin tae say that tae ma face!! haw haw man!!

Or French even...

Si vous etiez deux fois plus intelligent, Vous seriez encore stupide!

Translation- If u were twice as clever, you would still be stupid!!.....Good one for the noobs... OR

For use in german server:

Du hast das hirn eines Kasebrotchens!!

Translation- You have the brain of a cheese sandwich!!...another one for the noobs...

Auf Wiedersehen

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Considering Runescape is widely known in Holland, growth opportunities here are a lot smaller then they are in Germany, France and Spain, just to give a few examples. As a company, Jagex is interested in making profit, and creating extra growth opportunities in countries where Runescape isn't played as much is much more interesting for them then giving people who are playing anyway just a little extra.

To add, I am Dutch, and I wouldnt play rs in my own language anyway, because I know it would mostly attract the little kids that greatly annoy me by spelling about every single word wrong, next to the fact that I find an international community in a English language server far more pleasant then one of only Dutch people, as I feel that most Dutch kids are arrogant, can't handle critisism and only care about themselves.

My bet is on either a French or a Spanish version next, and I do hope that the German beta will be opened up to everyone soon, I'd love to walk around to see how they translated everything.

I can't agree more with you!

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Same here, his post should be stickied :XD: :anxious:

jk but I do hope we wont have to wait another year for other versions (especially French) to come out.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I will try and hold my frustration back on this topic, so here it goes.

Quit all the "no Dutch servers" complaing, period. I am sick and tired of going on the official RS forums (and here, but not as much) and hearing people complain that German speaking servers are useless, Dutch is better, ect. What are you getting from this? Only making a bad name for those Dutch players who are content on *wait* for a Dutch server.

Jagex has said they're making MORE non-English speaking servers, but German was *first*.

Sorry, but I was tired of the old "We need Dutch servers!" and now the "German is worthless! Dutch is better!" rants.

-- frustration is over --

I don't understand why did jagex make German servers.

If they wanted to get more players, Chinese servers would have been the way to go.

Germans know some english but most of chinese don't know english.

And China has tons more potential players than Germany

Jagex obviously have their reasons for doing German first, proably a percieved larger potential.

Your assumption that there are more potential players from China than German speaking countries is INCORRECT. Although China has an enormous population around 95% of it is very rural with no access to the internet (and the government intentionally keeps it that way). The only people with internet access are those in the major trading cities like, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, as these are major trading cities the majoritory of the people would be able to understand English.

+1 for Doodles, my thoughts exactly.

Dont know about your comment there brave, China is quickly developing at the moment, but you probably have more reliable sources then I have when stating that about 95% doesn't have access to the internet. I don't believe the government is keeping people from using internet though, as far as I know they only block potentially dangerous sites (in their eyes).

Knight_Simon.gif

hey guys, I'm new btw.

Anyway, I used to learn German before I got busy but since I have less time in my hands, I'll re-learn German and maybe converse on the server once it is not a beta.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

for those who are wondering heres a rough translation of the first recent updates thing on the german beta site(kind of amusing)

Hello of run escape friends! * Are you ready by the RÃÆÃâÃâüpelzwerg to be angepÃÆÃâÃâöbelt times properly? * Are you ready to play run escape without beside through the English dictionary to leaf to have? * Are you ready for it, you in the Chat, in the forum (only for members) to inform and with the customer service in your own language?

Briefly: Are you ready for the German version of run escape? Well! We also - also a few restrictions. How perhaps it know, the German run escape play as well as some parts of the German web page are at present in the Closed Betaphase (first test for a small, closed player circle).

IMPORTANTLY: There is only one side, from which one can play the German beta version of run escape: http://www.runescape.com. Considered that one cannot register oneself anywhere for it, to the circle of the beta players to be also taken up. The players for the Closed beta were already determined by Jagex according to the coincidence principle. The open beta, which starts in few months, will be made accessible for all players. Web pages, on which such a registration is offered, are attempted fraud of people, which want to probably chop your play account.

What means ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅClosed beta test phaseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Same here, his post should be stickied :XD: :anxious:

jk but I do hope we wont have to wait another year for other versions (especially French) to come out.

I suggest just dont translate.. If they want to play, they gotta take own responsability on understaning.

Ohe one extra argument: in one of the news articles - a few years ago, i think 2003> - a teacher sent a mail to jagex to tell how good runescape was for her class to learn english <-- I completely agree, with rs in english I learned a lot. Other kids should do that too.

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension