Important Information Regarding Fletching

Ginger_Warrior

I dunno if this is really the appropriate forums to post this, but I thought this would be the place where my message could be heard by the most people that would care about it. If a mod feels they want to move this thread, please do.

As everyone knows, the new Capes of Achievement have inspired people to do skills a lot more than they used to. Indeed, the number of people at 99 fletching has more than doubled from 5,000 to at least check, 12,000. This, of course, has inspired a lot more people into fletching.

So what has this got to do with anything? Well... if anyone has tried to buy Yew logs off the forums recently you'll know already what's wrong. Too many people now are training fletching, and as a result there are hardly any sellers compared to buyers. Certain greedy people are buying yews in 30K batches (literally) and any yew sellers are instantly going to these people, leaving the poorer fletchers (who obviously cannot afford to do this themselves) very scarce for yew logs.

So just to let you know, there is nothing wrong with the amount of people actually cutting yews. This hasn't changed - the number of people buying has and this is what is cauing the problems on the official RS forums.

Thanks for reading,

Ginger Warrior

True, true, but what is this supposed to mean?

I mean, you haven't lied in your info, or obscured any facts, you've just pointed something out after getting on top of a soapbox lol.

And couldn't the fletchers just cut their own logs? One of my buddies did that and got 99 WC then 99 fletching from that....

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

True, true, but what is this supposed to mean?

I mean, you haven't lied in your info, or obscured any facts, you've just pointed something out after getting on top of a soapbox lol.

And couldn't the fletchers just cut their own logs? One of my buddies did that and got 99 WC then 99 fletching from that....

Agreed... 100 Percent
devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

The thing is, there is too much money in runescape. If it was like back in RSC, people wouldnt just buy all of their skills. Just look at herblore and smithing.

Herblore: Everyone is buying harralanders and selling energy pots, never the other way around.

Smithing: Buying gold ore and selling bars.

The list goes on and all.

It's a torture trying to buy yew logs now. I was looking to buy 2k of them, I posted on the official forums and world hopped for hours trying to get some logs. It was quite a pain.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

people who buy their way into fletching annoy me

im going for 99 fletching, but im doing it the hard way by cutting my own logs

i set myself up with a dwc and hack away those yews in seers

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

It's a torture trying to buy yew logs now. I was looking to buy 2k of them, I posted on the official forums and world hopped for hours trying to get some logs. It was quite a pain.

tried going f2p fally and varrock worlds ?

go and you'll have them in no time.

It's a very similar situation with people wanting 99 cooking. Too many people buying raw sharks or raw monks, too many people selling cooked sharks and cooked monks.

If you want 99 cooking, why not fish your way to it, and along the way you will get 99 fishing too.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

people who buy their way into fletching annoy me

im going for 99 fletching, but im doing it the hard way by cutting my own logs

i set myself up with a dwc and hack away those yews in seers

just because you don't want to buy your way in, which is fair enough i prefer what your doing (not that i would do that i don't have the patience), but i mean probably 99% of 99 fletchers got it from buying it....i mean its about 1-3 months faster that way, most just want the 99, that's why the amounts have dropped, it may come to a point where most people have to do what you're doing to get 99 fletching = ) and by the way try cutting at gnome stronghold, less crowded usually.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

tried going f2p fally and varrock worlds ?

go and you'll have them in no time.

yes but there you' just be feeding the autoers. For my fletching I noramlly try to get (u)'s becasue it's faster exp and they're cheaper than yew logs now adays

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

It's a very similar situation with people wanting 99 cooking. Too many people buying raw sharks or raw monks, too many people selling cooked sharks and cooked monks.

If you want 99 cooking, why not fish your way to it, and along the way you will get 99 fishing too.

Because the best way to woodcut/fish and the best way to fletch/cook don't go together.

In woodcutting you want willows, but in fletching yews. So you cut your willows, sell them, and buy some yews for fletching.

In fishing you want monkfish/trout&salmon, but in cooking sharks. So you fish your monkfish/trout&salmon, sell them, and buy some sharks for cooking

In mining you want granite/iron, but in smithing gold/coal. So you mine your granite/iron, drop them, and buy some gold/coal for smithing.

Uula.png

The thing is, there is too much money in runescape. If it was like back in RSC, people wouldnt just buy all of their skills. Just look at herblore and smithing.

Herblore: Everyone is buying harralanders and selling energy pots, never the other way around.

Ah, shadup about RSC.

I'm sick of hearing people say "RS2 is noob, look at all the crappy updates", or in your case; "RS2 stinks, too much money in the game."

If Rs2 had never come out and we were still playing RSC, guess what would be getting the excessive amounts of cash and all the crappy update?

That's right. Good ol' RSC.

I'm going for 99 cooking, its really irritating. I gave up on buying, I'm fishing my own fish to cook.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

I've never met a 99 smith that's gotten 99 from buying gold ores and smelthing... NEVER!

Every 99 smith I know went the same way as me, and that's smelthing iron ores and making iron knifes :D

Dead+Dude4.png

He is basically saying that fletching materials (logs, bowstrings, etc.) will go up in price. Less supply and more demand. It also might bring more autoer's in :ohnoes:

Most people use gold ores for 99 smithing. It's by far the fastest way.
agreed

The reason is, most 10 year olds that play this game don't understand this. I'm guessing because you use proper grammer, you are older, that's why me, and a lot of other mature people understand this while the younger kids don't. They understand in the long run, if you want to get all 99's it would be quicker just to fish it now and cook it rather than spending 4 hours buying raw monkfish a day just to cook it.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

buy off w1 all the people on forums are merchants, and theres a another reason the 12k people with 99 fletch (me being one) has made my cape worthless to me :( so im going to go get another one :D

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

Actually, making steel bars into plates is quicker xp for smithing, from my understanding.

There's always the afk factor :wink: . Yew longs are slowly rising also,the only thing that falls behind are nats. In the end, it will grow stable again.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.