PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

Obviously, the 360 has sold more than the Wii 'cause it has been out longer. But I think the 360 will fall to the power of Wii. Nintendo made a smart move when they made the Wii to be user-friendly and widely appealing, it's good for marketing. All the hard-core gamers out there right now are going "360 PWNS YOU!!" because they can sit for hours with a copy of GoW or Halo and play online, which is what really merits the 360, the online play. Along with graphics. And I think the next generation console wars will eventually come to a head on the issue of online play, and based on that the 360 is winning. But the 360 didn't come out of the box with online play ready, and nor has the Wii. But Wii's online play is building momentum, the Opera Browser has been released and is frankly amazing, the first Wi-fi game for Wii (Pokemon Battle Revolution) is coming in June, and the summer will bring a slew of amazing games. Titles like Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wi-fi Play) and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Online unconfirmed) will give Wii the momentum it needs to overtake the 360. The lack of games for Wii will be healed over time, just as is the case with any console. I belive that Wii wins out in the end.

Note: I didn't even mention PS3, and for good reason. It's out of the race by anyone's standards.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, the 360 has sold more than the Wii 'cause it has been out longer. But I think the 360 will fall to the power of Wii. Nintendo made a smart move when they made the Wii to be user-friendly and widely appealing, it's good for marketing. All the hard-core gamers out there right now are going "360 PWNS YOU!!" because they can sit for hours with a copy of GoW or Halo and play online, which is what really merits the 360, the online play. Along with graphics. And I think the next generation console wars will eventually come to a head on the issue of online play, and based on that the 360 is winning. But the 360 didn't come out of the box with online play ready, and nor has the Wii. But Wii's online play is building momentum, the Opera Browser has been released and is frankly amazing, the first Wi-fi game for Wii (Pokemon Battle Revolution) is coming in June, and the summer will bring a slew of amazing games. Titles like Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wi-fi Play) and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Online unconfirmed) will give Wii the momentum it needs to overtake the 360. The lack of games for Wii will be healed over time, just as is the case with any console. I belive that Wii wins out in the end.

Note: I didn't even mention PS3, and for good reason. It's out of the race by anyone's standards.

The thing I have against Nintendo is their games seem to be generally geared towars the younger crowd. I mean I love Mario and all, but if I'm going to play a golf game I'll pick up a copy of Tiger Wood PGA. If I want to play a racing game I'll pick up a copy of Need For Speed. Also, they kind of rely on Mario to a certain extent. I can't count how many Mario games there currently are and how many times they remake the same game for a new system.

And anyways, PC is always better

Haha, yeah. PC's stay one step ahead of the game ;)

All Nintendo has to do is get some actual good games out and they will spank everyone. I've said from the beginning that it would go 360, Wii, PS3, and I still hold true to that, but if Nintendo came out with a really cool new Mario that brought back some memories and things of that nature, they'd probably outsell the 360. People play games because the games are fun...Mario game sare ALWAYS fun. If they made a side-scroller Mario with updated graphics and new gameplay, I would buy a Wii immediately. Wouldn't even think twice.

I won't buy a PS3, however, unless it comes with, like...A small asian child to do my dishes, or something.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Deloria, you shouldn't base the actual gameplay of a game based on it's maturity level or what audience it's geared towards. I've played A LOT of kiddie-ish games (such as the Super Mario games and their spinoffs, Katamari Damacy, etc.) that were TONS better than games that aim at a mature audience (such as Def Jam, Project Snowblind, etc.).

I bought a Wii the other day and the only game I have for it is wii sports, but I cant put it down for very long :P

My brother has a 360 downstairs which is my 2nd favorite.

The only reason I had a ps2 was for FFX lol

I refuse to get a ps3, too overpriced and I dont really see anything special about it except for nice shiny graphics.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

360! got it a few days ago and love it

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I think alot of what matters is what consoles you have... for example if I would have never gotten a Wii my vote would have gone to the 360 because that's what I had played. I had to get my Wii because my 360 was stolen and my mom wouldn't let me get another.

all_forum2.jpg

introuble3.png

introuble3.png

wii60 rofl!

no that isnt my vote, my vote goes to the wii

i dont have a 360 but i wouldnt mind one

got a ps2 cause it has good games (ffxii ftw)

ps3's are just not worth it, blu ray player? WHO CARES? if i wanted something that could play dvds i would buy a dvd player, i dont care about extremly HD dvds etc, as long as there good movies i dont care XD

offical quest freek

qpsig-4.png i DO have max qp...just havent got around to updating this yet

100 combat on 26/4/2007 at 23:05 GMT

mm.png jmods ftw XD

I still think the Wii is trash. I dont really see whats great about it besides that its "unique." Its almost like a throw-away system like the virtual boy or the sega saturn/neptune (forgot which one), atari 5200, etc.

People may say Halo is overrated but Zelda is overrated too. It might be fun for a while but it gets repetitve, boring, etc.

Just had some friends over and I got my Wii out again after a while. Mario Party 8 got our here this weekend, so we played it. And it was fantatic, we had tons of fun, and after that some wii sports as well, bit of tennis never hurts. I'm still waiting for the single player games though. It's a bit dissapointing at the moment.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

So far, I say 360 is best. The Wii is great so far, but most of the games that are going to make it 'great' aren't coming out until later this year or next year. I would put it right up with the 360..but I just don't like some of the games out for it (except for Zelda and Trauma Center).

The Ps3 is just garbage..there's what...1 or 2 good games for it? As for the 0mgz02z w3 h4v3 0bl1v10n factor..the 360 has had Oblivion for much longer..as well as downloadable content the ps3 version doesn't have. Not to mention the bugs/errors/hardware problems that still haven't been acknowledged by Sony..at least Microsoft actually fixed the 360. And the ps3 relies on Blue-ray to attract customers.

The 360, so far..has the best online service, the best graphics (considering it and the ps3's are pretty much the same)..it also has the greatest range of games so far (Oblivion...Gears...among others)..not to mention that the future looks bright also.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Wii

gameplay>graphics

Exactly! :o

I hate it when people go off on the Wii because of the graphics..it introduces an entirely new style of gameplay! Why gripe on graphics?!

It may be a good game, but if it looks really bad in graphics then no one would want it. Its just the way people are.