PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

I said good because I have played other games but its the best title avilable right now for the 360.
Exactly, that pretty much sums up the 360 right there. They have a huge library and a ton of exclusives, but guess what? It's quality, not quantity

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quality, not quantity

Exactly but alot of people/companies don't get that

Yes, but if one was bad then people wouldnt buy it. Most people buy the 360 because they know it will be a good console and have even better games.

Firstly I would admit that I am quite a strong Nintendo fan boy, and do have a negative attitude towards Sony and Microsoft.

All three current consoles are good, and for the features they offer they are fairly well priced.

The PS3 is the most expensive of the three, hardware wise it is good. But not that better then the Xbox360. If you have a need for a Blu-ray drive then the PS3 is a bargain, a very good bargain. I personally feel that 99% of the market is not ready for blu-ray so it was a mistake on Sonys part to include it. Sony should of included a more standard DVD player which would of allowed for a much lower cost of production.

So the playstation is a cheap blu-ray drive. But it is primary a gaming machine and at its current price it is highly unattractive for its main purpose. For slightly more it is possible to build a gaming computer which would be significantly more powerful.

In a few years when the cost of production has lowered the PS3 would get a second lease on life but by then the PS3 would be a old machine and would have lost many of its exclusive titles. Sony would sell a lot of PS3 and they might even make a profit but they are not off to a good start.

The Xbox360 is quite a bit cheaper, and has similar gaming performance. Microsoft was smart not to force consumers to buy a expensive new DVD system. One of the xbox main negatives is that it is going to compete directly with windows.

Windows is microsofts core product and they would not let it suffer to prop up a side branch. For that reason the Xbox is going to have few first party exclusive titles. Most of them would eventually find their way to a PC which are more powerful. The Xbox is going to sell well. But it is not going to be a massive success.

The Nintendo Wii has introduced a new style of game play. The key feature of the Wii can not be reproduced on a computer so the longevity of its main points would keep the console relevant for longer. The hardware inside the Wii is quite old. It is still capable of acceptable graphics but it is going to be a limiting factor. For this reason I suspect Nintendo would release a Wii 2 sooner rather then later. This current wii was just to test the market.

I would not be surprised to see a new powerful version of the Wii within 3-4 years. So just when the PS3 price has settled at a reasonable level Nintendo would release a new more powerful machine and for a similar price. So for at least half of the PS3 expected life it would not have a performance advantage over the Nintendo Wii.

That marketing strategy does have a few risks. But at the relatively low price of the Nintendo Wii I suspect the market would accept a short product life cycle.

That would be soooo awesome people are like oh the wii has terrible graphics... then good ol nintendo brings out a super power house with good price motion sensing and innovation to boot

it would kick \'

If you look at pretty much all of Nintendo's home consoles, they follow the pattern of innovation then graphics. NES, well, enough said, it brought home consoles to the mass market then the SNES built on that with an improvement in graphics. The N64 was the first home console to my knowlege to use a thumbstick and they released rumble as well, the GC expanded on this by having the rumble built in, a more refined comfortable controller with improved joysticks. Now, the Wii is nothing but pure innovation and if Nintendo continue this pattern, the next Ninty console should have some pretty damn awesome graphics while building on the innovation that is the Wiimote.

Also, kudo's to Militaris. That is probably one of the best thought out and well explained posts in this whole thread.

1264cc30.gif

One of the xbox main negatives is that it is going to compete directly with windows.

I don't see how releasing games simultaniously on xbox and Windows is competing. Whether the game is sold to be used on an xbox or pc, the profit is still going into the same hands.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

One of the xbox main negatives is that it is going to compete directly with windows.

I don't see how releasing games simultaniously on xbox and Windows is competing. Whether the game is sold to be used on an xbox or pc, the profit is still going into the same hands.

Exactly.

Plus the 360 has plenty of exclusives that are not PC based at all. The entire you can just get it on PC arguement for the 360 would have worked a year ago but not now and especialy not a year from now.

Exactly.

Plus the 360 has plenty of exclusives that are not PC based at all. The entire you can just get it on PC arguement for the 360 would have worked a year ago but not now and especialy not a year from now.

Yes, but computers are gitting better and better every year. So you never know.

Exactly.

Yes, but computers are gitting better and better every year. So you never know.

Uhm excuse me but... what?

Computers are already far, far more powerful than any console. What does that have to do with exclusives on the 360 though?

:wall: I swear I have had to use that emote at least 6 times today already

I think what this argument is saying is that all good games on the 360 will land on pc not sure i agree with it though :-k
I must agree... Most games will not end up on the pc, unless I end up being wrong which does happen quite a bit... But I am sure of this one.

I am saying that most good first party games on the Xbox would end up on the PC. The Xbox has been on sale for about a year and has sold around 10 million units, Window Vista in its first 100 days sold more then 40 million copies. Not all of these Vistas would be used for gaming, but a large number would.

One of Windows main strengths is that it is the only OS which most games supports. If MS concentrates on the Xbox it would weaken their core product, if Windows is not recognized as a 'must have' for gaming it would result in windows becoming less demanded in normal homes. The normal home is the place where people get introduced into computers and the software they use.

For the typical home user other OS can do 95% of what they want.. The main weakness of the other OS is that they are not widely supported by games. If Microsoft weakens the 'gaming' strength of their core OS they lose one of their key strengths in maintaining their most profitable monopolistic product.

Microsoft needs windows to be the 'main' platform to use any kind of software with. Microsoft is not stupid enough to make their little tax dodge side activity have a negative impact on their core product.

I am saying that most good first party games on the Xbox would end up on the PC. The Xbox has been on sale for about a year and has sold around 10 million units, Window Vista in its first 100 days sold more then 40 million copies. Not all of these Vistas would be used for gaming, but a large number would.

One of Windows main strengths is that it is the only OS which most games supports. If MS concentrates on the Xbox it would weaken their core product, if Windows is not recognized as a 'must have' for gaming it would result in windows becoming less demanded in normal homes. The normal home is the place where people get introduced into computers and the software they use.

For the typical home user other OS can do 95% of what they want.. The main weakness of the other OS is that they are not widely supported by games. If Microsoft weakens the 'gaming' strength of their core OS they lose one of their key strengths in maintaining their most profitable monopolistic product.

Microsoft needs windows to be the 'main' platform to use any kind of software with. Microsoft is not stupid enough to make their little tax dodge side activity have a negative impact on their core product.

Too bad I don't see any evidence of this most good games will end up on the PC. Most of the games on the 360 aren't even on the PC unless they were either a mass release (on all platforms) or a PC to 360 release. There are plenty of exclusives now and later that will not get put on the PC.

I don't see how focusing on having 360 exclusives would hurt the PC. Fact is the PC still has many, many exclusives that no console is going to get.

I finally had the possibility to take some time and get a decent introduction with the PS3 (the Sony night wasn't all that informative, and I only played Motorstorm for 15 minutes or so), and I must say it's a very, very appealing machine. And everything seemed to work great at my friends place (I thought the Online modes weren't that good as you didn't hear anything of it, but I played Resistance online, and it worked perfect). It looked very good (but he's got a 40 inch full HD tv so). He got all kind of cool downloads, and I played some games from the store as well (some game with Ducks that you need to guide to a hole, and one with a spaceship shooting enemies in different hyves), and everything was so easy to find and handle. And I saw a trailer of that Second Life stuff, and that looked great! I'm very impressed, and I hope it drops in price soon, cause when it does I'll be getting one!

I thought Gears of Wars was going to be released on PC as well. And in the past the Halo has been for PC as well, part 2 is coming out soon as well, if I am correct. And games like Gears of War and Halo are the type of games that people buy consoles for.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!