PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

the PS3 had the most succesfull launch of any console ever in the UK (sold more), except the PSP.

While this IS true, you also have to take into account that, for ONCE, Sony actually had more consoles than they needed.

Xbox 360 sold out right away.

Wii sold out right away.

PS3 did not sell out.

PS3 sold out around here in barely any time. They sent too many there, and not enough here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder sales are going to change now that the xbox 360 elite has been officially announced :?
Its clear that anyone who was going to buy a 360 already bought it
The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

It's good to see the PS3 having a good Europe launch. Sounds like they are available some places too, which is good. Don't know why everyone is so excited about the Wii selling out everywhere, just made it more difficult to get one. I wish the Wii launch had enough units also. Would have made me happier.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I wonder sales are going to change now that the xbox 360 elite has been officially announced :?

...So in otherwords, If i would have waited 4 months for my 360, I could have spent $80 more and gotten a 6x bigger hd? That's pretty lame!

w4M8t.png

...So in otherwords, If i would have waited 4 months for my 360, I could have spent $80 more and gotten a 6x bigger hd? That's pretty lame!

Exactly. Anyone who wanted a next gen console at xmas got a 360 because it was the only low priced thing out, but for 20 more you can just get a PS3

The reason the 360 did so well was because nobody had any other options a year ago. Now because people who didnt want to wait all bought consoles, 360 started getting exclusives

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

My friend is waitin' til the 29th of April to buy the black one, so...

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Does anybody think that it's possible if the elite could steal ps3 sales for whatever reason?

Besides the PS3's price tag?

Uhh...

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

definitely wii. 360's are good, but kinda old, and ps3's are flat out crap
I don't usually do this because people get all defensive and gang up on the people who say this, but name ONE technological advantage the 360 has over the PS3? Notice how no intelligent person says the PS3 is flat out crap? its because they have respect for other consoles, they just dislike it. Here is a translation of what you will say, "I'm a poor piece of [cabbage] because I dis things that I cannot afford"

It's true though, the only reason you dis it is because you cannot afford it. Its one of the most [wagon] things you can say, but you bought it upon yourself

I don't usually do this because people get all defensive and gang up on the people who say this, but name ONE technological advantage the 360 has over the PS3? Notice how no intelligent person says the PS3 is flat out crap? its because they have respect for other consoles, they just dislike it. Here is a translation of what you will say, "I'm a poor piece of [cabbage] because I dis things that I cannot afford"

It's true though, the only reason you dis it is because you cannot afford it. Its one of the most [wagon] things you can say, but you bought it upon yourself

I think it's crappy. If it was $400 it might be worth it...But when the PS3 was released, they did graphical tests and stuff, and the Xbox 360 rendered stuff better than the PS3 did.

Nice attitude, though..."I don't want to spend $600 on something I could get for $400 that is better all-around, therefore I am a "poor peice of [cabbage]"..."

How about this - I can afford a PS3, I just don't WANT the damn thing. Their library sucks. It isn't any better than the 360...Why buy it? I paid $600 when I bought my 360, but I also got several games with it. So, obviously I could afford both, I just went with the best choice.

- Me!

I think it's crappy. If it was $400 it might be worth it...But when the PS3 was released, they did graphical tests and stuff, and the Xbox 360 rendered stuff better than the PS3 did.

Nice attitude, though..."I don't want to spend $600 on something I could get for $400 that is better all-around, therefore I am a "poor peice of [cabbage]"..."

How about this - I can afford a PS3, I just don't WANT the damn thing. Their library sucks. It isn't any better than the 360...Why buy it? I paid $600 when I bought my 360, but I also got several games with it. So, obviously I could afford both, I just went with the best choice.

I'm inclined to agree with Tigra, LGBR. I can get one if I felt like it, it's just crap.

Truth be told, I can't wiat for the New Xbox that's coming out (Although I won't get it, I just like watching people play it).

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

They did graphical tests with a game that came out a year after its release with a launch title. Thats like if Tyson fought an infant

If you read digg(and I know you do) you would remember the article from the developer from Insomniac, he explained WHY Gears looked better

Like I stated before you can't really judge much of the PS3 right now. Remember a year ago? Everyone was talking about how much of a rip off the 360 was at the time. Now that it has some good titles it is worth it.

I do think sony is going to end up making a slightly cheaper version somewhere down the line. But once they start getting some good games (if they have any exclusives left lol) we can really start to see how it will do.

I'm not a sony fanboy by any means, I generaly dislike the way sony has been going towards for the past few years but I think it is too early to say anything about the PS3 other than the price.

Personally I own a wii and a 360

And I am telling you now, the wii was the WORST investment that I ever made. I played it for the first few days, played through the games that I got, but I NEVER picked them back up. The replayability of the Wii is ZERO at the moment. Perhaps when a new game, like a star wars game (application of the wiimote and lightsabers) comes out, maybe it'll pick back up. But probably not.

The Wii isn't bad, it just dosen't appeal to my style of gaming

I have played my 360 for so long now. And soon I am celebrating it's first birthday. I have owned many games for it, and have traded them in and out of various stores.

In summary

360 > Wii

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

teh Wii isn't bad, it just dosen't appeal to my style of gaming

So what is your style, O Fussy One?

Adventure - Zelda

FPS - Red Steel, Call of Duty 3

Role Playing - Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Racing - NFS Carbon

Gimmicky Racing - Excitetruck

Sports - Wii Sports

Minigames - Will Play, WarioWare Smooth Moves

Platformer - Sonic and the Secret Rings

Fighters - Dragon Ball Z

What other genre could you possibly like? That covers pretty much everything, and even then, there's a massive amount of great stuff in the Virtual Console. Fool.

supernovasigst7.jpg

teh Wii isn't bad, it just dosen't appeal to my style of gaming

So what is your style, O Fussy One?

Adventure - Zelda

FPS - Red Steel, Call of Duty 3

Role Playing - Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Racing - NFS Carbon

Gimmicky Racing - Excitetruck

Sports - Wii Sports

Minigames - Will Play, WarioWare Smooth Moves

Platformer - Sonic and teh Secret Rings

Fighters - Dragon Ball Z

What other genre could you possibly liek? That covers pretty much everything, and even then, there's a massive amount of great st00f in teh Virtual Console. Fool.

Just because a console has a certain genre doesn't mean its good, both CoD 3 and Red Steel have gotten serious criticism for being horrible games

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Just because a console has a certain genre doesn't mean its good, both CoD 3 and Red Steel have gotten serious criticism 4 being horrible games
So have a lot of games, which have turned out to be best-sellers. What's your point?

Just because a console has a certain genre doesn't mean its good, both CoD 3 and Red Steel have gotten serious criticism 4 being horrible games
So have a lot of games, which have turned out to be best-sellers. What's your point?
He defended himself by mentioning a few FPS on the Wii, both of which are HORRIBLE games

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

He defended himself by mentioning a few FPS on teh Wii, both of which are HORRIBLE games

Who says they're horrible. Gamespot? Hah! Can't get more reputable than them can you?

I didn't much like CoD3, i'll give you that, but that's because, in my eyes, it didn't do as good a job as CoD2, due to it not being done by Infinity Ward. However a LOT of people also like it.

And Red Steel is not horrible. It may well have been mediocre on other consoles, and is just a filler FPS on the Wii until a great ones comes along, but it is by no means a bad game. Decent multiplayer, decent graphics, easy to play.

supernovasigst7.jpg