PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine though the possibilities if all 50 gigs could be used completely and filled wth good content you would have an awesome game
It's called MGS4

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Imagine though the possibilities if all 50 gigs could be used completely and filled wth good content you would have an awesome game
It's called MGS4
don't get too far ahead of yourself - that's yet to be proven.

It's called MGS4
They asked for a single layered 50 GB disc from sony and developers have said the game will be absolutely huge. What do you think they are doing that for then? [cabbage]s and giggles?

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Uncompressed sound files.

Kojima doesn't want to compress the hours and hours of sounds he will undoubtedly stick into the game and because he feels that the compression will mess the quality up too much, he's going to use the 50GB disc. I'm sure the hours of cut scenes play a part in this too, but to a lesser extent.

But I don't even see how this is necessary. Most people just playing the game wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless they listened really, really hard. He's just doing it because he can.

1264cc30.gif

It's called MGS4
They asked for a single layered 50 GB disc from sony and developers have said the game will be absolutely huge. What do you think they are doing that for then? [cabbage] and giggles?

I think his point is a lot of game dev's TALK and fail to deliver. Using up 50 gigs is absolutely massive...Has that ever even been done before? I mean most games are like, 5 gigs on average, you know?

I saw some early MGS4 screens though and it looked really cool. Haven't seen any info for a year or so, though..

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

It's called MGS4
They asked for a single layered 50 GB disc from sony and developers have said the game will be absolutely huge. What do you think they are doing that for then? [cabbage] and giggles?

I think his point is a lot of game dev's TALK and fail to deliver. Using up 50 gigs is absolutely massive...Has that ever even been done before? I mean most games are like, 5 gigs on average, you know?

I saw some early MGS4 screens though and it looked really cool. Haven't seen any info for a year or so, though..

Yeah like I said everquest II and all expansions were like 20gbs or so, and thats the largest game I"ve ever seen (with FULL voice acting for all NPC's)

I have a 360 and a Wii which are totally awesome, great consoles and well worth the money. At the moment I just don't see the PS3 being worth the $1000+. However it is the first Playstation console that I am considering buying but mainly because I LOVE the look of Motorstorm (apparently it isn't that great without rumble and the lack of tracks/modes/split-screen).

With what I can do with my 360 and Wii I can't see myself buying a PS3 until the price drops (which won't be for a looong time) or I somehow get one for free. So I guess for me it'd be 360, Wii and then PS3.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

I hope to eventualy get all 3 consoles, although I'm waiting until I see some titles that are reason enough to buy a Wii and PS3.

PS3 is losing so many exclusives, did anyone hear about the Devil may cry 4 news? Yeah, its coming to 360.

PS3 launched in Australia at midnight er.. today (or last night if you want :uhh).

You should've seen all the "OMG THE PS3 IS COMING" ads that were swamping the ad breaks prior to it. They were treating it like the PS3 was bigger than jesus (yes I'm not changing that statement) or something :uhh:

Harvey Norman really is a Sony Lap dog; no other campies were on the ball screaming "OMG IT'S HERE!!!11oneone!1!" - they didn't do it for the xbox or the Wii; but somehow the PS3 is something god-like (hence the "bigger than jesus" statement before. At least to the HN PR suits.

It's funny to search the completed listings section of ebay UK for "PS3" and see how many preorders have either sold for LESS than the item's RRP or have not met reserve...

ultimate-ps3-ebay-justice.gif

ebayshame-736680.jpg

Scalpers who thought they were making a good investment are getting their comeuppance.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Over three shops where I work, we had 18 pre-orders, and we sold 4 pre-orders for the PS3. I just phoned how much we sold already, we had 14 to sell, and we've still got all 14. Shops have been open for nearly 2 hours now. :oops:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I love how badly the PS3 is tanking. Everyone laughed when I said it'd be the #3 console. Muhahaha.

It's tanking so bad that the PS3 is actually losing all of it's exclusives because game developers can't afford to release it JUST on the PS3...Not enough would sell. Could you imagine the new GTA game being PS3 exclusive like it was supposed to be at first? They'd have only sold a couple million copies total, if that. Now that they made it Xbox360 too, they'll probably sell their usual 10 million-ish copies.

That's all I've been hearing all month...PS3 loses [insert exclusive] with a dev of the game saying they just couldn't afford to release it on just the PS3 because of how bad the sales were.

I'm happy. Now Sony will have to not give us the finger and expect us to buy without thinking. They deserve whatever they get.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

btw Tim from Ctrl+Alt+Del online sums up what I think about the Wii atm:

So I've had my Wii for, I don't know, a few months now. I think I've had it long enough to have formed an opinion on the state of the system so far as it relates to the hierarchy of my gaming domain.

The Wii is a party system for me.

That is to say, the Wii will get most, if not all, of its use when I have a friend or three over to hang out. Right now, it's not a solo system. It doesn't have any system sellers for me. Let me dig into that in-depth for you.

At first I thought the Wii was too gimmicky. And now I still think it's gimmicky. But not gimmicky in a bad way. I mean, anybody but a fanboy can plainly see that Nintendo rolled the dice here and opted for a gimmick over cutting-edge graphics, in an attempt to sell systems on the fun-factor. Well, it worked, people ate it up, and now that gimmick has transcended "gimmickry". It has been justified as a viable feature. And a good thing, too, because if it had failed, the Wii can't make pretty visuals to stand on.

That's not to say Wii games are ugly, because they aren't. But they aren't "next-gen" as the kids these days say. But the Wii does deserve to be called next-gen because its taken fun to the next generation.

Now, when I say the Wii has no system-sellers for me, I mean this: the Wii doesn't have a single game that made me say "Yes, oh robot-messiah, yes! This is why I needed a Wii!". All of the games I own for the system are entertaining. They have all provided me with some fun, to whatever extent I've played them. But none of them stand out to me, on their own, as a game I would have bought the system just to play.

Twilight Princess is pretty much out for me, on a couple of factors. I know that it's a great game. I know this, because it's Zelda. I've never not enjoyed a Zelda. But I don't have the time to get into a big game like that. To compound on that, it is very much a Gamecube game, visually. An attractive Gamecube game, but a Gamecube nonetheless. Poor visual quality would not be enough to stop me from playing the game, if I had the time. But we've already established that I don't. Some of you may argue that the graphics aren't all that bad, but put it on a 62" television, and then tell me what you think. Even small pixelation is painfully noticeable on that scale.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids is fun. But for a party game. Storyline mode interests me for no other reason than unlocking the games for multiplayer modes. My first impression of this game was less than stellar, actually. The second mini-game I played after I got the game was the cow-toss. Allow me to describe it for those of you that don't own the system.

You swing a cow on a chain by swinging the Wiimote in a circular motion. You release the cow by pressing a button. You want to throw the cow in front of you. The problem is this: the swinging motion of the cow on-screen does not sync with the swinging motion of your Wiimote. So your natural instincts tell you to release when your hand is at the forward-most position of your swing. However on-screen, the cow may be at the backwards-most position, because nothing is synced. If you can understand what I'm saying here.

So, for me at least, it became just luck of the draw for when hit the button to release. Because my hands (what I felt the Wiimote doing) and eyes (what I saw happening on-screen) were betraying eachother. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth concerning the motion controls, which I had already been hearing were loose and sloppy for the sake of allowing the elderly and toddlers that Nintendo displays in their ad campaigns to enjoy the Wii to the same extent as anyone else.

Regardless, I eventually gave Raving Rabbids some more of my time, and got to the other mini-games. Some of which are good, some not so much. But as I said, it's best played with other people.

Metal Slug is the closest thing to a system seller for me, and we're talking about an arcade port here. And once again, best played with a friend.

I like the Wii, I just want to be clear about that. However, like the PS3, I don't think it's lived up to it's full potential yet. And also like the PS3, I believe it will, eventually. For now, for me, the Wii is a fun party system, with some neat mini-games to play with friends. But no real solo-meat.

We'll see. When the first Star Wars title comes out that lets me swing a lightsaber with accuracy, or some games that aren't just little wii-mote inspired mini-games, then we'll talk. If they can start putting out some good stuff like that, we'll have a system seller on our hands.

Pretty bizarre, other than the reservations, nobody bought a PS3 here, at release day. Of course our 3 shops only doesn't say much. But still, other than the pre-orders 0 sold on release day, that's pretty disturbing.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

btw Tim from Ctrl+Alt+Del online sums up what I think about the Wii atm:

Yep, sums it up pretty well. I've had my Wii for about 2 months now I guess and I have played about 10 hours of Zelda, about 5 hours of Red Steel, and about 10 minutes a day of Wii Sports (the fitness thing). Other than that I have only played it when friends were over.

Overall I am actually kind of disapointed with the Wiimotes abilities, it is still a bit to janky for me. Maybe that can be fixed in the game.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yep, sums it up pretty well. I've had my Wii for about 2 months now I guess and I have played about 10 hours of Zelda, about 5 hours of Red Steel, and about 10 minutes a day of Wii Sports (the fitness thing). Other than that I have only played it when friends were over.

Overall I am actually kind of disapointed with the Wiimotes abilities, it is still a bit to janky for me. Maybe that can be fixed in the game.

I play like an hour or two of WiiSports a day :D