PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

360; with Wii in behind and PS3 so far away from my choice that I would just go for N64. 360 just has all of the good games, along with backward compatability to get alot of the original Xbox games. Also there seems to be alot more support for the 360 with the Marketplace. Wii as my second choice just because it costs so little and has that whole interactive aspect. PS3 is just way too fancy and pricey. Even at their $800(?) price tag Sony apparently loses money. The Blu-ray to me seems quite useless. The only people looking for something like that are looking to deck out their entertainment set-up, not just play the games. Introducing all of these expensive features made the PS3 only available to those who really want it or, like I said, those who are looking to deck out their entertainment set-up. It doesn't make it available to main customers, the people who just want to play. They will care about graphics, but probably not enough to spend an extra $400-500 dollars.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy or anything, but I just love messing with idiots :P

So far, I say 360 is best. The Wii is great so far, but most of the games that are going to make it 'great' aren't coming out until later this year or next year. I would put it right up with the 360..but I just don't like some of the games out for it (except for Zelda and Trauma Center).
The Wii has great games out for it so far, more better ones than 360 imo.

as well as downloadable content the ps3 version doesn't have.
The PS3 has just as much content, its like if the 360 has Coca Cola products and the PS3 has Pepsi products

Not to mention the bugs/errors/hardware problems that still haven't been acknowledged by Sony.
Care to name a few?

at least Microsoft actually fixed the 360.
:lol: 30% of 360s are failures, meaning that they must be returned http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/06/22 ... ate-at-30/

And the ps3 relies on Blue-ray to attract customers.
Where did you get this statistic? I like the PS3 because of its great games and because its the only console that hasn't screwed me over so far. And learn to spell what you criticize

The 360, so far..has the best online service,
Thats not a matter of opinion :roll:

the best graphics (considering it and the ps3's are pretty much the same)
Who did you hear this one from? right now, games which are on both consoles are about equal. I will admit that. But if you look at trailers for games which are coming out in the fall ( a year away from the PS3 launch, just like the 360 had a year to prepare for great graphics which rivals that of PS3 launch titles) are the best ever seen on a console.

IMO, it's a tie between Wii and the PS3, the real piece of trash is the 360. It's just that so many people have it and don't want to admit that their console is trash which makes it appear to be satisfying

IMO, it's a tie between Wii and the PS3, the real piece of trash is the 360. It's just that so many people have it and don't want to admit that their console is trash which makes it appear to be satisfying

Well, none of them really are trash. They all have good points and bad points.

I'll admit, I am very disappointed with my Wii. I haven't touched it in a month or two, and that was just to check the weather one morning. Even my friends don't feel like playing it when they come over. I have Red Steel and Zelda, both completed about 15% of the way through with no urge at all to finish them.

But all that doesn't make the console trash. If they were all the same price right now I would have chosen the PS3, or the 360+HD-DVD drive, just to play movies on them. Since they are still expensive, and the Wii isn't doing much for me, my real choice would be none of them. That still doesn't make them trash though, I'm just not a console gamer type of person I guess.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

1. For games, I can't argue. The greatest games are a matter of opinion.

2. Tell me about this content.

3. Sony's consoles barely work. My neighbor bought a Ps3 at launch..it barely turned on after the first 2 hours of gameplay. Sony has yet to fix problems like this.

4. Of about the 14 people I know with a 360..one has had major problems. Microsoft sent him $400 in return..he now has a fully-functional 360.

5. I don't care if I spelled bl00-raye wrong or not. All of the advertisements and interviews I have seen seem to be bragging about how the 'Cell PRocessor is a very powerful engine' and how 'Bloo-rai makes games look better than any other console'. Yet, the bleucheese-rey games have yet to impress me..and as far as I know, the cell processor hasn't been used to it's full potential. If it has, then sony is pathetic.

6. Of course it isn't opinion, it's fact :wink:

7. I'll see the Ps3's 'superior*cough*' graphics whenever the games are released..not in a trailer.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

^^ All of that is a matter of personal experience, I was at my friends house when he first got his (launch) and we played around 17 hours straight with no problems. And with 30% of 360s failing, that is a statistical fact. You can not argue it

If I'm going to be sure that 30% of 360s are breaking down..I need more than an estimate from 100 xboxes. Give me a report of at least 1000 xboxes..that makes 30% 300, at which I can maybe believe the fact that 30% are bugged. 300 is a much larger number than 30. Until then, yes..I can and I will argue it. Yes..it seems like I'm just throwing out random crap..but if I'm going to believe you, I want big numbers. Not 30 out of 100..more like 30,000 out of 100,000.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

If I'm going to be sure that 30% of 360s are breaking down..I need more than an estimate from 100 xboxes. Give me a report of at least 1000 xboxes..that makes 30% 300, at which I can maybe believe the fact that 30% are bugged. 300 is a much larger number than 30. Until then, yes..I can and I will argue it. Yes..it seems like I'm just throwing out random crap..but if I'm going to believe you, I want big numbers. Not 30 out of 100..more like 30,000 out of 100,000.
They consulted with an EB games manager for that statistic, BTW. And I know people who have been through multiple 360s, in fact, I can't name anyone who hasn't had at least 1

According to a Microsoft PR person the real failure rate is around 3-4%. Xbox360 are made in a range of factories and same have better quality controls then others.

Batches of consoles from one factory might end up going to a certain country or group of Stores. The batch which the EB store got was from a company with slack quality control. That factory is no longer producing Xbox360's.

I have a 360.

My friend has one.

His friend has one.

None have failed.

Statistical "fact" debunked? You decide.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Acually you should get your facts right before you post. The so call 30% falure rate was in such a low *Sample Size* that it doesn't really make sense that so many people are using it as real data.

After writing an article on the Xbox 360's potential problems, tech site Smarthouse started receiving emails from customers who've had bricked 360 experiences. And after receiving more than 100 horror story emails and getting info from an Aussie EB Games manager, they're estimating that the Xbox 360's failure rate is somewhere around 30%. Though, this magical 30% failure rate number is coming from one EB Games manager, which Smarthouse feels can be justified since they've received numerous broken 360 emails. So, take such mathematical analysis for what it's worth.

As an owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii I have a pretty good idea about what each one holds. I also try to maintain very up-to-date information on the web. Out of all three console, I maintain the most playtime on the Xbox 360. However at first I played the Wii most, and in around a year when the PS3 starts to improve that will probably be my most played. But right now, my 360 is hooked into the TV right now, and isn't going out anytime soon :wink:

My Wii just doesn't have any use right now. Although it was great fun when it just came out the online doesn't work very well, and not many good games have come out since launch. However sometimes it's fun to just go do an area in Zelda, or kick some friends in Wii Sports :)

The Wii is very fun, I just need more from Nintendo including games, and better online capabilities.

PS3 (No offense) sucks right now. I barely have any good games on it, and frankly, there arn't many games even out! The screen washes out in bright parts of some games, and the graphics are not better than my 360. Although I don't have to pay to go online, there isn't any point in the online yet. However at one point I thought that the fact that it's a Bluray player was a mistake. But now that Bluray is outselling HD-DVD's 5 to 1, and Blockbuster has switched completely to Bluray... It could be very good. Bluray doesn't make the PS3 though.

So ya, my personal preference for right now, is the 360.

Ah, how you like this? :P

wii60.gif

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Sorry for the double post, but I felt I had to respond. I do not agree with just about everything in this post, thats why I feel I need to respond to this specific post.

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy or anything, but I just love messing with idiots :P
Oh, so he's an idiot for liking something different than you? <.<

The Wii has great games out for it so far, more better ones than 360 imo.

*Cough* :shame:

Care to name a few?

------------------------

The PS3 has just as much content, its like if the 360 has Coca Cola products and the PS3 has Pepsi products

:lol:

That is one of the funniest arguments I've heard for this! I challenge you to find one other person to agree with that.

Xbox 360 is the only console offering movie and TV downloads, and the new Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace (available in the US only) is packed with HD content from top partners such as Paramount, MTV Networks and CBS. As a result, nearly 50% of Xbox LIVE members in the U.S. log into Xbox LIVE Marketplace every time they turn on their console.

Xbox LIVE Marketplace is home to more than 15,000 pieces of individual gaming and entertainment content, downloadable at the click of a button.

----------------------------------

Care to name a few?
Would Rotting Blu-Ray Disks count?

:lol: 30% of 360s are failures, meaning that they must be returned
Read my first post for this made up number.

Where did you get this statistic? I like the PS3 because of its great games and because its the only console that hasn't screwed me over so far. And learn to spell what you criticize

You don't use the Blu-Ray player? Your missing out. What are some of these "great games" your talking about? Are there more than a dozen PS3 games out yet? Besides, just about every PS3 exclusive is coming out for the 360 now. Name four that you enjoy :)

(Ouch, you where screwed over by both MS and Nintendo? That sucks!)

Thats not a matter of opinion :roll:
No, not really. Right now it's more fact, but are you willing to pay for it? Most people are and thats the issue.

Who did you hear this one from? right now, games which are on both consoles are about equal. I will admit that. But if you look at trailers for games which are coming out in the fall ( a year away from the PS3 launch, just like the 360 had a year to prepare for great graphics which rivals that of PS3 launch titles) are the best ever seen on a console.
Mmmm, kinda

1) Many of the games are not equal, and look better on the 360 right now. Of course that could be put to "lazy" developers coding on the PS3 (Its a lot harder to write games on the PS3.)

2) Woops, you say "Just like the 360 had a year to prepare for great graphics" :wall:

The PS3 acually had a year extra to try to improve, but instead they spent most of the time hyping the PS3 and trash talking the opponents.

3) You say some of the CG trailers for the PS3 games look good, look at some of the Xbox 360 games! Wewt, hawt! <3:

Completely dissagree.

Right now here is my order:

1) Xbox 360

2) Wii

3) PS3

(You will acually notice this mirrors sales too)

And you say that the losing console is the one doing the best right now? I don't completely follow your logic. I don't completely hate my PS3, I just don't use it right now. Not only that, but what new games have come out for the Wii (Other than Resident Evil, thats the first good one since launch).

It's unreasonable, and it's ignorant to try to convince yourself what you seem to be saying. Thats what I think, and I'll be waiting for your long reply so this can turn into a complete flamewar. :uhh:

...I mean intelligent debate!

Also I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think that your taking a very good view on this.

I just think that I have the facts to back me up.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

One question- How many good games did the 360 have at launch? almost none and its future looks horrible. You are basing a consoles future only 4 months after its release . ITS NOT EVEN SHIPPED WORLDWIDE YET

It had many brillaint games at launch, what a false statement...

Future looking grim!?!?!

Halo 3 anyone?

PS3 I couldn't care less how bad it is, I'm loyal and mis-informed. :lol: :P
::'

That's cool by my standards 8-)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

They consulted with an EB games manager for that statistic, BTW. And I know people who have been through multiple 360s, in fact, I can't name anyone who hasn't had at least 1

They consulted AN Eb games manager. that's one manager out of the hundreds of stores worldwide.

An eb games manager also said that they went through 6 Ps3s in one week before they could find one stable enough to play at their store in New York City. In that week, 4 Ps3s completely crashed, and 2 had major bugs. Then they found one that lasted long enough tohave a console set up in the store.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I coulden't choose between them. They are all good , They also all have Good and Bad points. I'm gonna have to say not sure for this one.

*Sigh* This flame war is pretty much [developmentally delayed]ed. We all know who will win after we get guitar hero three, soul calibur exclusive called soul calibur legends, DDR: Hottest party...Damn this list will go on. Wii all know who will win it, and Wii all know people deny it, it's just a matter of time before Wii kick everyone's [wagon]. :lol: Just kidding...But I still am rooting for the Wii.

No really. Everyone I know, and everyone they know, said they gone through 4 X-Box's already, and come to think of it, that's 400 X-Box's right off the bat. Which sucks, really...Considering the things X-Box 360 is capable of, what people really have to do is look for bugs and debug the console before releasing it. Which brings me to ps3.

EVERYONE knows, no matter how much they deny it, ps3 is the worst console so far. Truly, it's a bugged up ps2 with better graphics. X-Box 360? Oh, that's just a console that doesn't look like a box and has bugs in it if your aren't lucky. But at least it's better than a ps3.

No matter how many people say it, too, like 99.9% of idiots at my school say...I'll put it in dialogue...Enjoy my play. :P

Idiot: "Wen in doubt, break out teh ps3! It haz teh ownage graphx!!!!!!1!!11!1"

Obsessed reject: "HALO FTW!!!11!11!!!!!!!PS3 is 4 G-A-Y"s!!!!!1!Lolz, HALO OWNZ UR LIF3 M8!!!1!!GRAPHIX!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1"

Me: Obsession with graphics? But Ps3 and X-Box 360 graphics are the same?

Idiot: "Wii has no graphix!!!1!!Ps3 FTW!!1!!1!!!"

Me: True, Wii may not have graphics, but it has innovation. And you didn't answer my question, F*ck tard.

Obsessed reject: But graphix r purdy!! No graphix is no phun!

Me: Dude, you spelled fun wrong. And why do graphics make a game? What if advanced graphics were never discovered?

Obsessed reject and idiot: GRAPHIX R EV3rytHING!!!!!!11!1!! SWEATY B-BALL PLAYERZ FTW!!!!!!11!! BLOOD FTW!!!!!!1!1!!!! WII NO WIN!!!!!11!!1

Me: This whole conversation was based off of you saying graphics are everything? First off. Skipping school is wrong, listen to yourself, you sound like a red neck mixed with a hillbilly with a mix of paris hilton and britney spears. Why would you skip school to play something?

Both: GRAPHIX!!!!!1!!!

Me: Christ...Both of you need a life. And sweaty baseball players and breaking bats? You like sweaty men? You like overkill on blood? Something tells me I'm standing next to a mass murderer...

(Obsessed reject shut's up, but idiot whipes blood off of his face and keeps going)

Idiot: GRAPHIX!!!!11!!!!!

Later that evening, Idiot and obsessed idiot kill themselves, because they were unlucky enough to obtain bugged consoles.

*The views of this entire play are expressed by sephiroth_king and no one else. He is not saying you or anyone else is like this except the idiots located within his school. Results may vary.*

Truly, kids at my school skip out for the game, and bug me for not leaving them alone and saying "Graphics aren't everything." They don't speak 1337, but they might as well. :mrgreen: Whereas, one kid tried to kill himself after his x-box broke down...Friggin idiot he was...

I'm definatly rooting Wii on, since some people abandoned hope, they'll get their just deserts...As for X-Box 360, as soon as there aren't any recalls, then I'll get one. :P As for PS3's? Never. :lol:

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

*Sigh* This flame war is pretty much [developmentally delayed]. We all know who will win after we get guitar hero three, soul calibur exclusive called soul calibur legends, DDR: Hottest party...Damn this list will go on.

Yes it will: SSBB, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy... Go Wii!!

all_forum2.jpg

introuble3.png

introuble3.png

Well, none of them really are trash. They all have good points and bad points.

I'll admit, I am very disappointed with my Wii. I haven't touched it in a month or two, and that was just to check the weather one morning. Even my friends don't feel like playing it when they come over. I have Red Steel and Zelda, both completed about 15% of the way through with no urge at all to finish them.

But all that doesn't make the console trash. If they were all the same price right now I would have chosen the PS3, or the 360+HD-DVD drive, just to play movies on them. Since they are still expensive, and the Wii isn't doing much for me, my real choice would be none of them. That still doesn't make them trash though, I'm just not a console gamer type of person I guess.

Yeah I haven't touched my 360 in a bit. Really I got it for when a bunch of staple games come out for it.

My graphing calculator >>>> ps3/360/wii :boohoo:

'nuff said. :^o

[Not because its a graphing calculator, but because its MY graphing calculator 8-) )

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

• 2 weeks later...