PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC uber alles ;)

If it only weren't for the fact you constantly need to buy new hardware to keep playing at an optimal graphics quality.

To be able to play newest games like GTA4 on a PC with quality graphics & no screen lag, not only do you need at least a dual/quad core processor, you will need roughly 4GB of RAM and a 512MB-1GB graphics card, and a good motherboard.

Doesn't sound bad in concept, but a lot of people can't just buy a new $1000+ computer every time a new game comes out. Before long games will require 16GB RAM and multicore processors just to even start up.

I usually play on the PC but consoles are much more stable... If you buy a game for your console, you're guaranteed to get it running (unless it's a defective CD of course). If you buy a game for your PC, you'll just get a bitter disappointment after finding out a part on your system is inadequate & you need to spend hundreds of dollars for a component.

PC uber alles ;)

If it only weren't for the fact you constantly need to buy new hardware to keep playing at an optimal graphics quality.

To be able to play newest games like GTA4 on a PC with quality graphics & no screen lag, not only do you need at least a dual/quad core processor, you will need roughly 4GB of RAM and a 512MB-1GB graphics card, and a good motherboard.

Doesn't sound bad in concept, but a lot of people can't just buy a new $1000+ computer every time a new game comes out. Before long games will require 16GB RAM and multicore processors just to even start up.

I usually play on the PC but consoles are much more stable... If you buy a game for your console, you're guaranteed to get it running (unless it's a defective CD of course). If you buy a game for your PC, you'll just get a bitter disappointment after finding out a part on your system is inadequate & you need to spend hundreds of dollars for a component.

Not always. Some console games have framerate issues. GTA4 was just a bad port, its requirements should be lower.

PC uber alles ;)

GTA4 was an exception in that it wasn't ported well and was poorly optimized. Most newer games will run at a medium-high spec on systems which cost little over £600 or so. Infact, if you buy something decent, you can buy a decent PC which will last 3 - 4 years or longer if you upgrade it. For example, my PC can run Left 4 Dead fine on highest settings for example, even though it's an ageing dell with a P4 and a mid range Geforce 8 series card. Also, even if you buy a console, you're most likely going to want a decent PC anyway, so the cost difference is marginal (especially if you're paying for Xbox Live).

And finally, PCs generally have better backwards compatibility than consoles. New PS3s can't run PS2 games, while you can still easily find and run older PC games like Half Life 1 and Red Alert.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

[And finally, PCs generally have better backwards compatibility than consoles. New PS3s can't run PS2 games, while you can still easily find and run older PC games like Half Life 1 and Red Alert.

Though both 360 and Wii both have good backwards compatibility.

all_forum2.jpg

introuble3.png

introuble3.png

[And finally, PCs generally have better backwards compatibility than consoles. New PS3s can't run PS2 games, while you can still easily find and run older PC games like Half Life 1 and Red Alert.

Wii has the best backwards compatiblity of all the consoles hands down.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Yeah I mean you can play all the gamecube games + virtual console allows you to play tons of old yet classic games.

I only wish they would release the following on virtual console: Earthbound, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark

Yeah I mean you can play all the gamecube games + virtual console allows you to play tons of old yet classic games.

I only wish they would release the following on virtual console: Earthbound, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark

Rare doesn't deal with Nintendo anymore so they can't have the BK series. You can however download Banjo Kazooie on the XBL marketplace.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Wii because Mario owns.

Also, BluRay is [bleep] [developmentally delayed].

HOW CAN YOU HATE BLU RAY?!?! BLASPHEMY

it's catching on faster than dvd did since since the vhs to dvd move, i wouldn't call it developmentally delayed :lol:

Which explains why only about 3% of movies are put on BluRay.

Wii because Mario owns.

it's catching on faster than dvd did since since the vhs to dvd move, i wouldn't call it developmentally delayed :lol:

Whitch explains why only about 3% of movies are put on BluRay.

Because it is new their not going to make all DVDs out there into blueray....duh

king_kapugen.png

Wii because Mario owns.

Whitch explains why only about 3% of movies are put on BluRay.

Because it is new their not going to make all DVDs out there into blueray....duh

Blueray is hardly new. It's been out as long as the PS3 has been out. Companies aren't switching over because that would be the dumbest move market wise, because people aren't willing to shell out $600-$1000 for a blueray player, or $400-$600 for a PS3. So don't throw the crap that it's "New"; if they wanted to, every company could have jumped over to the blueray market; they didn't.

Last time I was on this thread was forever ago, I've changed my outlook on all of the systems; I mostly enjoy all three of them, but still have yet to see PS3 games that appeal to me (Besides Resistance, MGS4...I hated LittleBigPlanet)...However, out of all of the systems that I have enjoy now, I realized the console just cannot stand up to the immense power of a PC/Mac whatever. I like PC because it has some multi platform games (i.e. Oblivion, Fallout 3) that I ca get without purchasing another console.

BTW, did anyone here about the Wii 2 HD coming out in 2011? I'm kinda curious, wanna know a little more about the rumor...But I'm sure that you've all got Christmas things to settle in. Merry Christmas, happy holidays everyone! \'

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

comared to how long DVDs have been out it is new -.-

And we were talking about blueray DVDs not blueray consoles =\

I'm aware of that...

DVD's were created in 1993, but released in the States, etc. in 1997. 11 Years old. Blue Ray first saw itself in 2003, so five years old. Nevertheless, it's still not brand spankin' new like you put it out to be...

I was aware of the fact that you were talking about the disks, but how can you run a [bleep]ing blue ray disk without a console/blue ray player? You can't, you need a console/blue ray player. Albeit, they cost around $600-$1000, a ridiculously over-priced juggernaut of uselessness at the moment. At that cost, people aren't going to buy it unless they really want to...Uh hold more memory and [probably] see it in higher res. So, in turn, why the hell would companies jump over and make blue ray disks? They wouldn't. That would be a complete [bleep] slap to people who are under in the economy right now and can't afford a $1000 blue ray player. Thats what I was saying; blue ray is newer than DVD's, sure, but it's ridiculously overpriced and the companies aren't going to force us to buy blue ray to which their movies, watch in the past years up to 2/3 or 3/4 of them are terrible.

Nevertheless I'm going to go play Fallout 3. Just got it today :) Happy Holidays to you and everyone else, be seeing you.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S350-1080p-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B001A4LVYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230221053&sr=1-1

That's a $260 Blu Ray player, it's not cheap, but it's affordable. Don't get me wrong, i don't like Blu Ray and in my opinion they don't make a real difference and the whole ULTRA HD 7.1 AUDIO HIGH DENSITY QUANTUM SOUNDS OF ULTRA HD PICTURE is BS. Also, i don't like how Sony marketsd the Ps3 as a Blu Ray player.

I mean, "Buy the Ps3 Blu Ray player now, it also plays games!" I know ALOT of people who bought a Ps3 and they don't have a game but have alot of Blu Ray movies.

I'm throwing my vote in for Wii because it's quicker to just pick up and play and cheaper (in general). It's better for someone like me. I'm a gamer since I got a PS1 but I'm not into shooters or war-like games. I grew up with Spyro, Crash, Tony Hawks Pro Skater <3: and stuff. I adore PS2 and I was so sure I would love the PS3 but I'm afraid I can't. I've played one quite a bit at a friends house and it's good, but I want the versitility of the PS2 where you got more than just shooter games or whatever the hell games... you could play literally ANYTHING on a PS2 but now the games just seem to be more directed to hardcore gamers. I'm not saying this is always true but it does feel that way.

As an Xbox hater through principle I hate that if I were to get either a PS3 or a 360, I'd get the 360 becuase it reminds me more of the PS2 I love and is cheaper.

Blu ray and all that crap is only good for people who can already afford expensive games consoles and large Hi-def tvs. We don't even have a widescreen television in my house -.- The PS2 was a console for everybody, rich or poor. Now the PS3 just seems directed at those middle class families that can afford it. :wall: :wall: Why must you betray me so Sony?! :cry:

To be honest: Playstation One FTW

[/emotional rant]

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].