PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Why does PS3 always have to get the bad ports? Sonic Unleashed on PS3 has so much framerate problems.

Yeah again it is hard to develop for though once it is it should have alot of potential, though I would have to say the Wii gets just as many bad ports though I don't watch the PS3 as much so I could be off.

And for Wii The Conduit by High Voltage is a game that will hopefully inspire my thirdparty developers to develop less shovelware and more stuff that's actually worth any Wii owners time.

all_forum2.jpg

introuble3.png

introuble3.png

Bluray seems like a cheap marketing ploy... I do have a blu-ray drive on my other computer just for future convenience, but the quality improvement in audio/video is almost unnoticeable.

Be realistic; The average user is not an audiophile or a mass consumer of films. The average user is a working man or a woman who rents or buys maybe 5 movies a year and watches them with his family.

My father has a 15-year old TV, and the picture quality is almost flawless when watching cable TV. It makes me wonder what the heck are people paying for when they buy "high quality video technology".

The quality difference between a normal DVD film and a Bluray (I've watched both kinds) practically doesn't exist. One of the few advantages is that even a huge film+ lots of special features can fit on a single, dual-layer BR disk (total of 50gb).

Even if you can get a supposed "5%" image quality boost, it's not worth hundreds of dollars. A Bluray standalone player is currently a very shallow purchase. Bundled with a PS3 it has value though.

Bluray seems like a cheap marketing ploy... I do have a blu-ray drive on my other computer just for future convenience, but the quality improvement in audio/video is almost unnoticeable.

Be realistic; The average user is not an audiophile or a mass consumer of films. The average user is a working man or a woman who rents or buys maybe 5 movies a year and watches them with his family.

My father has a 15-year old TV, and the picture quality is almost flawless when watching cable TV. It makes me wonder what the heck are people paying for when they buy "high quality video technology".

The quality difference between a normal DVD film and a Bluray (I've watched both kinds) practically doesn't exist. One of the few advantages is that even a huge film+ lots of special features can fit on a single, dual-layer BR disk (total of 50gb).

Even if you can get a supposed "5%" image quality boost, it's not worth hundreds of dollars. A Bluray standalone player is currently a very shallow purchase. Bundled with a PS3 it has value though.

Well I think companies are switching to blu-ray because it's cheaper to make. When something is new you can sell it for a pretty high price. These two things combined with 'the image and audio quality is so good it feels like you're there' and you got profit.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Of course there is a difference. A big difference. Has anybody actually seen 1080p video compared to 480i? There is a difference in quality and it is very noticable.

How can you get 480i? Isn't standard def 576i?

I know you can get 480p with a cable for the Wii. Does this actually make a difference? I don't have enough slots in the back of my TV for one unless I took something else out.

mgssteelwarol7.png

@henman888: I have, my parents have a big "42 Sony Bravia (the new ones, idk the model) with full HD and i have a "28 Samsung screen on my room, i sometimes play in their TV, but only because it's bigger and there is a minifridge on th room.

It's not really that differente, just widescreen image with a bigger resolution, some things do look different and "shinier"

On my opinion, it's not worth the cost that much, besides, PC gaming has more HD than "Full HD" on TVs have. =P

@Swordhand20: I am very sure that standard cable is 480i.

Build Quality - Ps3

Games - 360

Price - 360

I'm an 8 year old - Wii

The xbox 360 is superior to the PS3 in all ways other than the quality of them. Xbox 360's have ALOT more exclusives and better ones too.

The wii shouldn't be compared to the other consoles because it has ENTIRELY different targets from the ps3 and 360.

Build Quality - Ps3

Games - 360

Price - 360

I'm an 8 year old - Wii

The xbox 360 is superior to the PS3 in all ways other than the quality of them. Xbox 360's have ALOT more exclusives and better ones too.

The wii shouldn't be compared to the other consoles because it has ENTIRELY different targets from the ps3 and 360.

I beg to diff--

Actually, I've had enough of you friggin' people that always push aside the Wii as if it were insignificant...It may be targeted at a more broad audience, but it is till appealing.

But seriously, whatever, this thread has endured World War I-World War III in flame war equivalent. It's been nuked, crapped on, and even raped. It's scarred enough, let's leave it at that.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

The 360 is only popular because of the games on it, if you look at the actual console:

*High failure rate

*Overheating

*Disc scratching

*Makes loud [bleep]ing noises

*Non-free online

Don't get me wrong its still a good console (graphics, games, cpu, gamerscore etc) but I hate those [bleep]ing fanboys who treat it likes its God.

happysigbp0.jpg

*Non-free online

This could Actually be an advantage. Since only dedicated gamers (like myself) would pay monthly, you get less idiots in COD4/Halo 3 matchmaking versus the PS3/Wii

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

The 360 is only popular because of the games on it, if you look at the actual console:

*High failure rate

Which Microsoft is fixing for free.

*Overheating

My 360 has never over heated once and is played for hours at a time time.

*Disc scratching

What idiot would move their console while it's running?

*Makes loud [bleep] noises

No, not really.

*Non-free online

This has got to be your only valid point.

Don't get me wrong its still a good console (graphics, games, cpu, gamerscore etc) but I hate those [bleep] fanboys who treat it likes its God.

Opinions in red.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Enjoying a video game console based upon its available games? Blasphemy!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

*High failure rate

*Overheating

Sure, fixing a problem for free is good but it would be better if hey had prevented the problem happening in the first place. when you spend a significant amount of money on anything, it's not much to ask that it has been tested and built to prevent problems. Plus, having to send Microsoft your console (or have them pick it up...I don' know the procedure for this) and then have to wait while they fix it is just irritating.

That being said, as a PS3 user I do concede that the Xbox is a pretty good console - I personally dislike the pads which is why I wouldn't get one but aside from that and the ring of death, I quite like the Xbox.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

To be honest, a computer is the best. Waaay better in everything. Hence, Consoles are more enjoyable in a way, and you can play with you mates easier.. Although, if I had to get a console, it would be the Xbox 360.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

*High failure rate

It should never have been like this in the first place, plus the goddamn inconvenience of having to wait

*Overheating

So because yours doesn't, that automatically means every other 360 doesn't?

*Disc scratching

Accidents happen. They should've built the 360 to be able to handle such situations

No, not really.

Are you kidding? I can hear the goddamn discs running loudly everytime I play a game

*Non-free online

Its actually one of my many valid points

Don't get me wrong its still a good console (graphics, games, cpu, gamerscore etc) but I hate those [bleep] fanboys who treat it likes its God.

Opinions in red.

Opinions in blue

happysigbp0.jpg

*High failure rate

It should never have been like this in the first place, plus the goddamn inconvenience of having to wait

If somebody can't do anything else for that month they have no Xbox then they truly have no life.

*Overheating

Unless they keep their thermostat at 80 degrees or higher I don't see how it can overheat.

*Disc scratching

Accidents happen. They should've built the 360 to be able to handle such situations

The only accident I can think of is a small child or pet accidentally knocking it down while it's running. If there are small children or pets in your home then put it horizontaly.

No, not really.

Are you kidding? I can hear the goddamn discs running loudly everytime I play a game

Do you keep your TV on mute while you play or something?

*Non-free online

Again, I agree with you on this

Opinions in red.

Opinions in blue

Opinions in red. (again :twss:)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

*High failure rate

If somebody can't do anything else for that month they have no Xbox then they truly have no life.

What he said^^

*Overheating

I don't know anyone who has a 360 which has overheated, it would if they completely nolifed it for a day but then again I think most consoles would, also if it breaks you can send it to Microsoft for a new one for FREE.

Unless they keep their thermostat at 80 degrees or higher I don't see how it can overheat.

*Disc scratching

I think that would happen to any console if you moved it. -.-

The only accident I can think of is a small child or pet accidentally knocking it down while it's running. If there are small children or pets in your home then put it horizontaly.

No, not really.

For the first 10 seconds. ¬_¬ Also they have fixed that aswell. Where you go press a on the box to play the game there is now Game details if you press Y on that box. You can then install the game to hardrive to make it a lot quieter.

Do you keep your TV on mute while you play or something?

*Non-free online

Again, I agree with you on this

But Xbox Live gives people a lot more than the Nintendo Wii. It lets you speak through mic, play GOOD games with friends and lets you download more.

Opinions in red.

Opinions in blue

Opinions in red. (again :twss:)

My opinion in green because I had to join in. :twss:

Xbox 360 is teh best console made, kay? :D