PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

I'm not going to bother reading 35 pages but here's what I'm loving about my 360 right now:

Wireless internet adapter:

Gets me online without running an ethernet cable from my basement, plus I can easily move the 360 around. Also allows me to connect to my computer for music, videos, and pictures without an ethernet cord or even the need to be in the same room.

Power from controller:

It's so nice just being able to pick up the control and hit a button to turn the 360 on. No more of that getting up when you want to play or when you finish playing crap. Microsoft knows me all too well. Though I wouldn't mind a multi-disc changer so I don't have to get up to change games, but that's only a dream for now.

Xbox Live + Marketplace:

I'm not sure if Sony has their games available online, but I love taking my skills online and seeing how I actually compare. Beating my friends again and again is great, but damn some of those guys online are good. Plus the add-ons from the marketplace are nice. Gotta love picking up free vehicles for NFS: Carbon ;)

USB Ports compatible with MP3 player:

It's great being able to just plug my Zune into my 360 and having it charge + play music. This saves me the hassle of always needing my computer to charge my Zune (because I don't want to buy a wall charger).

So basically, I'm loving my 360 atm. I don't plan on getting a PS3 or a Wii though. Neither have any games I really want so I'll stick with my 360. Plus GTA is coming out for the 360, and that would have been my only reason for getting a PS3.

woah woah woah woah! Somebody actually owns a zune?!

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to bother reading 35 pages but here's what I'm loving about my 360 right now:

Wireless internet adapter:

Gets me online without running an ethernet cable from my basement, plus I can easily move the 360 around. Also allows me to connect to my computer for music, videos, and pictures without an ethernet cord or even the need to be in the same room.

Power from controller:

It's so nice just being able to pick up the control and hit a button to turn the 360 on. No more of that getting up when you want to play or when you finish playing crap. Microsoft knows me all too well. Though I wouldn't mind a multi-disc changer so I don't have to get up to change games, but that's only a dream for now.

Xbox Live + Marketplace:

I'm not sure if Sony has their games available online, but I love taking my skills online and seeing how I actually compare. Beating my friends again and again is great, but damn some of those guys online are good. Plus the add-ons from the marketplace are nice. Gotta love picking up free vehicles for NFS: Carbon ;)

USB Ports compatible with MP3 player:

It's great being able to just plug my Zune into my 360 and having it charge + play music. This saves me the hassle of always needing my computer to charge my Zune (because I don't want to buy a wall charger).

So basically, I'm loving my 360 atm. I don't plan on getting a PS3 or a Wii though. Neither have any games I really want so I'll stick with my 360. Plus GTA is coming out for the 360, and that would have been my only reason for getting a PS3.

woah woah woah woah! Somebody actually owns a zune?!

Zunes had more features than the ipod until the touch came out. They will have even more features when the Zune2 comes out, which the original Zune is getting them by a software update :) .

I also own one :thumbsup: .

goldenblade995.png

N64/ PS2 ftw..

although Wii is my least favorite..its not exactly that free as i thought...

just play the game its packed with..tennis doesn't feel that real, red steel is to sensitive even at 1...and the graphics stink on ice.

PS3 and xbox win my votes..gears of war is pretty sweet..

but as on the first page some1 said..id rather have a bomb [wagon] computer in stead

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Thats what u get with a 360.

actual console cheap. add ons add up the cost to pretty high price.

Right so the 360 is the only console with expensive addons :roll: .

expensive addons that don't come free with ps3

you have to pay for online, doesn't come with rechargable battery like ps3. that g'dam $100 wireless adapter. etc

Right, because the PS3 is expensive as it is. :notalk:

Part of the reason the ps3 costs so much to make is because they cram all the additional stuff into it that you don't need. At least with the 360 you have the option if you want it or not (HD drive, for example).

And towards your point of all those free things, ever realize that they're not worth buying the ps3 in the first place? The 360 Live is light years ahead of the ps3's sloppy online. And the rechargable battery costs 8 bucks, $20 if u want the charging controller stand. A tradeoff with the SixAxis' lack of rumble, but if you choose free batteries over rumble, go ahead.

Although I am somewhat annoyed the wireless adaptor is so expensive. At least they give you a free ethernet cable, better than nothing.

i own all 3 systems

i'm not ripping on the 360 system itself, if i was then i might as well return my 360 elite and make use of the $500. i'm just annoyed that it doesn't have wireless. i don't want to leave my room just to play halo and don't want to drill holes through my wall.

to be honest, i have one tv for my 3 systems. about 75% of the time, my ps3 is the one hooked on the tv. but not for ps3 games, i still prefer ps2 games to all of this next gen console games

even though i'm pissing at $100 for a wireless adapter, i'll prolly go buy one in a few days. since i already have the system, it would be a complete waste to play halo 3 w/o online.

there goes another pay check :(

What?

m_theory11.png

My vote go's to the Nintendo Wii. The motion controls give a new level of enjoyment to the games, and most times the motions don't feel out of place. The Wii has great games like Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 (which is my current favorite). I don't own a 360, so I don't know how good Gears of War, or Halo 3 is.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

My vote go's to the Nintendo Wii. The motion controls give a new level of enjoyment to the games, and most times the motions don't feel out of place. The Wii has great games like Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 (which is my current favorite). I don't own a 360, so I don't know how good Gears of War, or Halo 3 is.

Gears of war: ok

Halo3: Very good

Halo 3 has a very short campaign (7 missions)..but then again, it has a very strong multiplayer..both splitscreen and over Xbox Live. Gears of War, I'm not so sure about..but it has xbox live also.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

No one bought Halo 3 for the campaign. They bought it for multiplayer. By the way, 2nd to last mission in Halo 3 = worst mission in any game ever, lol. Good game, though.

I will eternally curse the PS3 for what it is doing to the games industry already. Titles that are not exclusive are getting shoved back JUST because the PS3 is so hard to develop for because of it's lame memory set up.

For example, my precious GTA IV was knocked back 6+ months. I'm supposed to be playing that game today. Thanks to Mr. PS3, I am not.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

No one bought Halo 3 for the campaign. They bought it for multiplayer. By the way, 2nd to last mission in Halo 3 = worst mission in any game ever, lol. Good game, though.

I will eternally curse the PS3 for what it is doing to the games industry already. Titles that are not exclusive are getting shoved back JUST because the PS3 is so hard to develop for because of it's lame memory set up.

For example, my precious GTA IV was knocked back 6+ months. I'm supposed to be playing that game today. Thanks to Mr. PS3, I am not.

Well, that reminds me of microsoft trying to take the PS3s exclusives.

Well, that reminds me of microsoft trying to take the PS3s exclusives.

how is taking exclusives = making game launch dates later exactly?

I checked nexgenwars.com this morning. The Wii and the 360 were about 60,000 consoles apart, with Wii catching up at about one thousand per two hours. Yet, I've just checked again now, and it's suddenly risen again by 100,000...

Are they rigging that thing or something? :-k

NexGenWars is based around Sales Trends..they look at how many systems they sell per day, determine the average per minute pretty much, and then add from there. They use sales trends, so it's still within an accurate range..somewhat. But It's not the exact numbers.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

NexGenWars is based around Sales Trends..they look at how many systems they sell per day, determine the average per minute pretty much, and then add from there. They use sales trends, so it's still within an accurate range..somewhat. But It's not the exact numbers.

Then they correct it when official numbers come out. They could be off as much as 1million units so people should take those numbers with a gain of salt. I could be wrong, I read that this is what they do on their forums like 6 months ago.

goldenblade995.png

I actually knew some people including myself that bought it for campaign. I was severely disappointed but once I got Xbox Live it was a lot better.. I'm not sure what mission the second to last is, but I know I HATED Cortana. Ugh, killing the Flood again and again and again was so annyoing.

@Jaz: Hah, yeah I own one and I actually like it. That damn thing is nearly indistructable and so far it's holding 3600+ songs, 2500+ pics, and 40ish videos with 6gb left for more :)

@Jaz: Hah, yeah I own one and I actually like it. That damn thing is nearly indistructable and so far it's holding 3600+ songs, 2500+ pics, and 40ish videos with 6gb left for more :)

You can buy a first gen one for $100 now. Not too bad of a deal. Still don't think I would use it enough to make it worth it though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nintendo knows how to appeal to all groups and even though some hardcore gamers are complaining the games that they make are amazing!

Microsoft has the internet stuff that people want well... its interesting but hard to beat ssbb mp3 mario cart and smg

and mario has sold a fair few a more than half a million... wow

all_forum2.jpg

introuble3.png

introuble3.png