PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 and I prefer the xbox 360 over the wii, I havent even played the wii since I got 360. As for ps3, my friend had one and sold it within a week so I dont think I'll be trying it out.

Low_C.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PlayStation 3, all the way. It's amazing, BRay movies, way more awesome games, and not nearly as childish as the Wii.

Go shove yer finger up yer bum.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The Wii is more of a family friendly console (yes i know it has titles like Resident Evil, which I own both of, and the godfather etc, even though nintendo is trying to lose it's childish console status). It's a decent all-rounder, but nothing to shout about.

The PS3 is based on raw power, as well as being one of the cheapest Blue Ray players (much like the PS2 was with the DVD when it launched). Graphics are good, hardcore gamers like it (Thought a lot prefer the Xbox) and would have a massive catalogue of games is Sony actually allowed the PS3 to run PS1 and PS2 games. It's a hefty console, with a lot of firepower, and best suited to the hardcore gamers.

The Xbox 360 is like the Wii (Though without the Family orientated status). It has a lot of power, It has a great online system etc. But also has the most hardware faults (major ones at that. Though Microsoft are being good by extending warranties and repairing these faults for free). The Xbox really boils down to great games, and most importantly, the best online system (e.g. COD4. Though I suppose some people are put off by the fact that you have to pay to play online, after the 1 month free, unlike the Wii and PS3).

So, I would say that the Xbox 360 is a better console than the Wii and the PS3 (no, I'm not an Xbox 360 fanboy, I own a Wii).

The Xbox 360 is like the Wii (Though without the Family orientated status). It has a lot of power, It has a great online system etc. But also has the most hardware faults (major ones at that. Though Microsoft are being good by extending warranties and repairing these faults for free).

The wii has no serious hardware faults, none in comparison to the Xbox. I can think of one, and thats problems with reading dual layer discs (?).

(no, I'm not an Xbox 360 fanboy, I own a Wii).

I lol'd.

People actually think that works?

Que? I don't own an Xbox 360, and never will.

The Xbox 360 is like the Wii (Though without the Family orientated status). It has a lot of power, It has a great online system etc. But also has the most hardware faults (major ones at that. Though Microsoft are being good by extending warranties and repairing these faults for free).

The wii has no serious hardware faults, none in comparison to the Xbox. I can think of one, and thats problems with reading dual layer discs (?).

That's counted as a minor hardware fault (Nintendo will fix it for free, unless the DVD drive is actually broken). I had my Wii fixed for that problem (though it did take a month to send it off, repair it and send it back).

PlayStation 3, all the way. It's amazing, BRay movies, way more awesome games, and not nearly as childish as the Wii.

I expect that to be a Wii title some day, with the remote replacing the finger.

The recent 360s no longer have serious hardware flaws due to changes in the way they are made.

So there ya go, the Wii has absolutely no extreme fail.

And sword has a PS3.

PS3's > Xbox.

People buy secondary xboxes cause they break ;)

It's not a lie. They make the money through software. They don't make the profit from the console they make the profit from people buying the games for the console. Sony and Microsoft make a loss on each console sold.

Give 'em the razor, sell 'em the blades.

The Wii may be family friendly, that's fine for the family types. The other two are for a completely different crowd, I find it hard to see how you can compare the Wii to either the 360 or the PS3.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

-.- You have to be kidding me

What would compell you to say that? (The rude comment)

P.S. I do not agree with cooldog, but that was unneccesary

GG.gif

-.- You have to be kidding me

What would compell you to say that

I wsasnt particularly serious. (about the comment, but the message was simple)

3 Reasons how I'm a wii fanboy, not an anti-anti-wii fanboy, and you win

If I bashed the xbox with silly comments and you reply 'lie', etc, it doesnt make you an xbox fanboy. TIF has problems with words.

If I bashed the xbox with silly comments and you reply 'lie', etc, it doesnt make you an xbox fanboy. TIF has problems with words.

I have yet to see you produce any rational comments about why the Wii is a superior console to the PS3/Xbox 360.

I have yet to see you produce any rational comments about why the Wii is a superior console to the PS3/Xbox 360.

While I'm not agreeing with the 'health' factor of the Wii (i.e. Wii Fit), I do think that the Wii has more choice for developers to create unique and diverse controls for each game, whereas those with a conventional controller are limited to just the buttons (unless you have a modded Xbox 360 controller). But, in saying that, I do not think that the Wii remote makes things more 'accurate', so to speak. For example, in COD4/COD5, you can hold your breath, but in the wii Version (of COD5), it relies on the steadiness of your hand (fair enough, it isn't really hard to hold something that weighs 100g steady), so it can be less accurate.

Seconded.

While I'm not agreeing with the 'health' factor of the Wii (i.e. Wii Fit), I do think that the Wii has more choice for developers to create unique and diverse controls for each game, whereas those with a conventional controller are limited to just the buttons (unless you have a modded Xbox 360 controller). But, in saying that, I do not think that the Wii remote makes things more 'accurate', so to speak. For example, in COD4/COD5, you can hold your breath, but in the wii Version (of COD5), it relies on the steadiness of your hand (fair enough, it isn't really hard to hold something that weighs 100g steady), so it can be less accurate.

Using motion controls where they work is fine. Trying too hard to use them is not good.

Using motion controls where they work is fine. Trying too hard to use them is not good.

I agree. The godfather Blackhand edition is an example of good motion controls. Simple, but they work well enough. Some games (like you mentioned) just use motion controls for the sake of them being there. Excite Truck is an example. It's a good game, and the motion controls are necessary, but not over-used.

Limited to buttons? On the PS3 you have SIXAXIS as well ::'

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Ah yes, I forgot about the PS3's motion control. Most games don't actually use it, which is a shame (unless the game is suited to normal control), since the PS3 controller's inbuilt motion control is much more advanced than the Wii Remote's control (unless it has the motionplus attachment).

Ah yes, I forgot about the PS3's motion control. Most games don't actually use it, which is a shame (unless the game is suited to normal control), since the PS3 controller's inbuilt motion control is much more advanced than the Wii Remote's control (unless it has the motionplus attachment).

It's actually used in a lot of games. For example, Killzone for turning the valves, warhawk for flying planes, various other games for controlling cars/planes, and in Little Big Planet and Rag Doll Kung Fu, making your character move around.

In Ragdoll Kung Fu, it's used to brilliant effect, flicking the controller one way while holding the punch button performs a firefly. It's incredibly intuitive.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.