PS3 Wii or 360 !!!!!!

introuble3

It is obvious this will go on for a long time, since most of you guys think your right.

Of course it will. Theres only one reason this is going on and thats because anti-wii fanboys wont admit to being jealous its better than their console overall.

Way to make fun of fanboys only to immediately make a fanboy statement yourself.

So true. Why can't everybody just shake hands and say all 3 consoles are good in their own way, and to each their own? :thumbsup:

What, saying something is better because it has the strongest overall sale makes me a fanboy? Jesus. People are DUMB.

If the Xbox had a better sales pitch than the Wii, then I would freely say the Xbox is superior. Thus, meaning I am not a fanboy.

It will never stop simply because people will not admit the facts.

By your logic, anything that sells better is automatically superior. Which is a skewed viewpoint. Case in point: Gaming PCs vs any console.

Each system has it's ups and downs. Which I will put from my reasonable point of view. Which will accept criticism.

Wii:

Pros:

-Cheap console

-Free Online

-Variable selection of games, mostly relaxing and fun, with some 'serious' games mixed in, like Resident Evil 4, for instance

Cons:

-Slightly lower graphics and support for up to 480p due to it's graphics processor.

-Low-quality internet with a less intuitive friend code system

-Pricing on controllers, which can be high. Also makes you spend money on batteries, but rechargeable batteries remedy this.

Xbox 360:

Pros:

-Cheapest console

-Very stable online play, for a relatively low price

-Good game selection that appeals to large audiences.

-Intuitive and simple controllers.

Cons:

-Faulty hardware, which is prone to failure, but is improved drastically from launch.

-A constant need for batteries, which rechargeable ones remedy.

PS3:

Pros:

-Very good hardware, better than the other consoles.

-Free online

Cons:

-Slightly poor game selection, could be a bit better

-The controller feels cramped.

Now to the simplest contender and better of all:

PC!

Pros:

-Great hardware all around, can be replaced as time goes on, instead of being restricted for x amount of years.

-Amazing selection of games, mostly FPS'es and MMORPGs that aren't Runescape.

-Best control scheme, 100+ buttons, not to mention a mouse beats a joystick in FPS games.

-And all your little precious console games are developed on the PC.

-Emulators exist to play games from other consoles, almost eliminating the need for older-gen consoles.

-Can use controllers through a USB port

Cons:

-Only one is price, which can get rather pricey depending on the setup. But $500 easily nets you a tower capable of running anything out there today.

I declare the PC to be much better for gaming than the other stuff.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can just end the flaming here as it's clear to everybody that Ray has been thrashed.

But then when you make a thread like this there's going to be inevitable flaming.

As for the PC I think all those are good points. But for me there are 2 issues to a PC;

1. Portability. Obviously if it's a laptop then thats no issue (though it's likely to be less powerful), but you can just unplug you're console and carry it, even if it is a heavy bastard like the PS3.

2. Offline multiplayer. I find it far better to play splitscreen just sitting on a couch with a pair of controllers.

What, saying something is better because it has the strongest overall sale makes me a fanboy? Jesus. People are DUMB.

If the Xbox had a better sales pitch than the Wii, then I would freely say the Xbox is superior. Thus, meaning I am not a fanboy.

It will never stop simply because people will not admit the facts.

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because Nintendo sold out and are just pushing games out to print more money? They *know* it's going to sell so they don't even have to try anymore. Great company!

While Sony and Microsoft are scrambling to get as much new IP as they can, improving both software and hardware, and pushing out GOOD games.

I'd like to add a couple more things to the PC list ;)

1. Steam. Yes I know it's a DRM system but it works, and extremely well. Valve support is excellent it's so easy to add friends and join in games that they're playing online.

2. You can easily get a controller for a PC, if you really want one.

3. Strategy games don't work as well on consoles, imo anyway. I just think that you need the mouse and keyboard to be able to play properly, especially if you like to use all the hotkeys and such.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'd like to add a couple more things to the PC list ;)

1. Steam. Yes I know it's a DRM system but it works, and extremely well. Valve support is excellent it's so easy to add friends and join in games that they're playing online.

2. You can easily get a controller for a PC, if you really want one.

3. Strategy games don't work as well on consoles, imo anyway. I just think that you need the mouse and keyboard to be able to play properly, especially if you like to use all the hotkeys and such.

Yeah, but strategy games get more units and can handle more action :D

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Do you cry yourself to sleep at night because Nintendo sold out and are just pushing games out to print more money? They *know* it's going to sell so they don't even have to try anymore. Great company!

And I'm a troll, according to a community that dont know how to wikipedia?

And yeah, Nintendo are a great company. the Playstation and the Xbox wouldnt be out if it wasnt for Nintendo basically creating consoles. And unlike the company that created the Xbox and Microsoft, Nintendo dont even have to worry about sales because other companies push their games to them because of the large amount of buyers.

I think we can just end the flaming here as it's clear to everybody that Ray has been thrashed.

Well it's hard to believe that happens when Im against a forum basically full of FPS loving, wii hating people who ignore my posts.

Xbox 360:

Pros:

-Cheapest console

-Very stable online play, for a relatively low price

-Good game selection that appeals to large audiences.

-Intuitive and simple controllers

Apparently the Wii is cheaper than the Xbox,

Online still costs money ontop of monthly broadband,

So does the wii?

I dont find the Xbox' controller 'simple' unless you wanna compare it to an aeroplane. It does have a few buttons that are pretty unused.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised I havent seen much "The wii cant handle heavy games or downloadable content" stuff.

Grats on that.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Apparently the Wii is cheaper than the Xbox,

Online still costs money ontop of monthly broadband,

So does the wii?

I dont find the Xbox' controller 'simple' unless you wanna compare it to an aeroplane. It does have a few buttons that are pretty unused.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised I havent seen much "The wii cant handle heavy games or downloadable content" stuff.

Grats on that.

PS3's sixaxis has as much buttons as the 360. you would know that all buttons are pretty much used up according to the game you're playing.

Then again, I figure you'd have a hard time pressing two buttons at the same time.

And I'm a troll, according to a community that dont know how to wikipedia?

And yeah, Nintendo are a great company. the Playstation and the Xbox wouldnt be out if it wasnt for Nintendo basically creating consoles. And unlike the company that created the Xbox and Microsoft, Nintendo dont even have to worry about sales because other companies push their games to them because of the large amount of buyers.

You wouldn't have any consoles if it weren't for the likes of Pong and Pacman.

(And the old companies such as Atari etc...)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Lol. We ignore posts?

Yes, it is quite obvious that RayOxide clearly has a one-tracked mind, obviously blocking off anybody who sais there is a fault in the Wii, and arguing with anyone who doesn't share his opinions.

But those are all the symptoms of a.... FANBOY!!!

Light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks, we don't take kindly to those types round these parts.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lol. We ignore posts?

Yes, it is quite obvious that RayOxide clearly has a one-tracked mind, obviously blocking off anybody who sais there is a fault in the Wii, and arguing with anyone who doesn't share his opinions.

But those are all the symptoms of a.... FANBOY!!!

Light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks, we don't take kindly to those types round these parts.

:lol:

GG.gif

Yessir, we hate our fanboys.

These are the types we like around here.

tiftypes.png

No IeatWindex? Well, then.

I was going to make a whole collage, which included you, but I got bored after Nadril.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

tiftypes.png

Needs 9 users in order for the reference to work right :thumbup:.

Reference to....?

EDIT:Just got it, just remembered there was something like it in Futurama :lol:

You got a reference I didn't know I was making, free cookies.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

tiftypes.png

I was going to make a whole collage, which included you, but I got bored after Nadril.

It was going to include me? 8-) Now my life has meaning

GG.gif

tiftypes.png

It was going to include me? 8-) Now my life has meaning

Congratz you're not fail :lol:

ok besides the fact that i stumbled on yet another thread that Ray is on...defending the wii..ok Ray listen closely.

I only got a Wii, you're following this right?

Ok..besides the fact that you clearly stated that the forum is dominated by the Hardcore FPS and TPS (clearly referring to IeatWindex's avater) you must understand something:

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE 360 OR PS3 YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND DO YA?

Yes the Wii does have a unique approach to video games, but it lacks so much what others can actually give to this genre of entertainment (such as BLU-RAY!!)

(couldnt finished post due to rl situation..will come back >_<)

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

You guys forgot one thing in the PC pros: customizable controls. If I want to make reload q, fire p, or a variety of secondary fire actions different keys for different TF2 classes and right mouse click as jump, I damned well can (and have). Did that scheme work well? No, but I [bleep]ing did it anyway. With consoles, you're limited to regular or southpaw, with the option to invert x and y axis. Plus it helps when the crouch button is shift to duck and ctrl to go lower (STALKER did this) and I can just change it to F because my fingers don't like going there while pressing W at the same time to move.

That scheme I mentioned was meant to make Scout double jump easier while moving, but then I realized that only made it worse for every other class.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Hmm it's been about a year since I've turned on the wii. Shows my support for their shovelware.

I haven't played any games in a while so I haven't really used the 360 but I have found use of my ps3's other capabilities during busy times at my studio.

What?

m_theory11.png

I only like playing on the PC for one thing. I'm okay with FPS on the consoles, but if there's one thing that it can't do - it's RTS. You can question which one is more enjoyable for FPS (controller vs. kb+m), but you can never do the same for RTS.

Can't wait for Windows 7 to come out so I can build my PC. I want it for two games, Diablo 3 and Empire: Total War

• 3 months later...
Now that the PS3 is $299, I'm considering that instead of 360. What do you guys think?

I'd say:

Look at the games of both sistems.

Pick your favourite

Buy it

OT: Anyways, for me, the best is the wii, it has some wonderfull colourfull games, contrasting with the usual brownish fps, some variety and a bright future ahead, with many inovators like Muramasa Demon Blade and Red Steel 2, but in the end it's all a matter of choice, I'm the happiest i can ever be with only a wii and a pc.