Your parents & Computers. Can they handle them?

woopidoo2

Mine cannot. They only open mailboxes, and browse the internet.

When I download something new its like: What have you done? it could contain virusses! :o

Just wondering,

Can your parents get along with a computer?

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

My dad is pretty good with computers, can't type for his life though.

My mom's just terrible all around with them. Just now she spent half an hour trying to understand how Movietickets.com works :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My mom does a lot of selling on eBay and email stuff. My dad checks the weather, that's it. He gets really impatient and clicks a few thousand times if it doesn't load. Rather funny.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

My dad taught me most of what I know about computers. When I was younger he was a programmer, using Fortran for mainframe programming and COBOL for other stuff.

I'd say I've now superseded him on more modern computing issues like graphics and modern networks, but he still knows more about lower level stuff than me (things that one doesn't often tinker with nowadays but were prominent a while ago - like IRQs, batch files and so on).

My mum, on the other hand, is not computer-savvy at all. We got her a Mac so she wouldn't balls it up.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Mine cannot. They only open mailboxes, and browse the internet.

When I download something new its like: What have you done? it could contain virus'! :o

Same except it's, OMG you're gonna waste hardrive space with your paint files and trial programs!!

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Both of my parents are completely hopeless when it comes to computers. They ask me incessant questions about them, and ask me to teach them how to do things. I'm as patient as I can be with them though.

The odd thing is, I'll teach them how to do something and the next day, they've completely forgotten how to do it! O.O Like, I taught my mom how to save a file, then how to browse for the file to upload it. I teach her how to do this every single day. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. FOUR. MONTHS. She still doesn't get it. :lol:

3898000bYVcx.png

My parents are pretty computer-literate.

My dad is fairly knowledgeable in C++ ...at least as far as I know.

My mom can browse the internet and run a virus scan...not much, but it's better than nothing.

Foooman.png

It's easier for teenagers to use computers well since we grew up with them :D My dad is pretty good when it comes to using them, just because he spends as much time computing as I do :XD: Mostly buying, selling, reading car forums, etc. But my mom, on the other hand, is hopeless. Must be a housewife thing :XD: She's constantly asking me things like, "Ashley help! My email just disappeared!" And always asking me to make her movies, slideshows, things like that.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Both of my parents are completely hopeless when it comes to computers. They ask me incessant questions about them, and ask me to teach them how to do things. I'm as patient as I can be with them though.

The odd thing is, I'll teach them how to do something and the next day, they've completely forgotten how to do it! O.O Like, I taught my mom how to save a file, then how to browse for the file to upload it. I teach her how to do this every single day. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. FOUR. MONTHS. She still doesn't get it. :lol:

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Or they just don't want to learn.

Mom could be computer literate, if she READ THE INSTRUCTIONS or learned how to. Once she gave me her cell phone instruction manual and her phone and said, "How do I lock this?" I went to the proper section, told my mom to READ the steps, then to follow what I'm doing.

She did not bother to read nor follow what I was doing. It took her half an hour to figure out how to perform 7 simple steps, each step consisting of pushing one button each.

My dad knows how to browse the web, create e-mail, and stuff. Nothing too complex like making a slideshow (even I can't do that!).

My parents are terrible and kept deleting my files on a 300gb hd, because they didn't want it to take up space. One day, I just saved up for parts and stole the 300gb hard drives from the family comp and put it in my own. I replaced it with an 80 gb hd, butt set it to a 2gb partition. hehe :D

Same LP, my parents don't know where the power button is xD .. they enough to take the power plug out *.* hahah but that's when we are on at night

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My dad is a huge problem solver, so even if he didnt know something, he would teach himself. He did take computer classes about 14 years ago, so he learned alot of the older stuff, but still can apply it to the new stuff. I cant even figure out how to reformat windows 95 and 98 before, but he knew.

My mom isnt as good of a problem solver, but still experiments and finds out things on her own. Everyone in my family has a different level of expertise.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

My dad has a masters in computers sooo... he is pretty good with 'em.

My mom is pretty good with them as well. Asks some silly questions here and then but has learned enough from me and my dad to use 'em well.