Jagex announces the most challenging quest to date.

Zox

[...]we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever. Not necessarily for launch in '08 (it's not something we want to rush, after all), its already had more development time than the entirety of "Recipe for Disaster"... but youll have to wait to find out more. We're adding secret hints and references all the time about this one, so if you need to know more, just look around! Leave no stone unturned....

This was in August 15th's little update notifying players about new updates involving PVP worlds and quest updates.

I'm thinking this quest will finally unveil the secrecy of the Wise Old man in Draynor, do you have any thoughts/speculation/hints on the upcoming quest? I can't wait, RFD was extremely fun and a little challenging so I'm excited to see how amazing this one will be.

Here's a few things I think may be involved with this new quest:

-GE TRAPDOOR

-WOM

-Penguins

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the first quest where I'll actually start training my combat stats pretty hard to prepare for it. If it's bigger than recipe, it's got to have some intense fights.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I would like to point out the last few words...

Leave no stone unturned....

A reference to the Stone of Jas?

Yikes another reference... this quest is a train wreck of references, makes me even more excited!

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'm almost certain it's about Stone of Jas.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

its going to be a big quest, so dont disclude the stone of jas, the mahjarrat, or the wise old man, you never know it could be biggest quest ever, well it is, it might include all of these..

What i'm interested in is the reward

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Also, maybe after this, Quest Cape will be viewed very highly.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I am really hoping that this is going to be a sequel to the penguin quest. I want to know what they are planning on doing with that giant penguin suit that they are making down there. But it would be equally cool if it was another quest in the Drakken series. I would love to get into that castle.

Or maybe another quest in in the elf series! Now that would just be awesome. I really want to see what it is like inside that city of theirs.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I hope it has something to do with the Wise Old Man and how his telescope is pointing at the wizzard tower.... Maybe he is planning on destroying the RuneCrafting Guild? :ohnoes:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

If im correct, "Legends quest" was the 50th quest and "Recipe for Disaster" was the 100th, right? There is a huge diference between the 2 quests, i hope this one is a lot harder than RFD.

Btw, in one of the anagrams that Jagex gave us, one said something about the Legend quest coming back, something like "Legends must rise again", hope the 150th quest is a sequel to Legends... or the Wise Old Man :pray:

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

150th quest maybe? - with the dragonslayer pt 2?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I can't see the QCape being viewed highly, most likely it will be another long, puzzle-ridden, but when it comes to combat, easy quest which will be farmed with guides.

Puzzles aren't bad, I spent 4 hrs on MEP2 and still liked it

Btw what's the stone of Jas? Haven't been looking at very many threads for a while due to getting 99 pray

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Quite funny that I wrote this yesterday:

People have speculated of teh ep1c quest for years now, and I think it's becoming more and more certain that there will not be one. You can't get all these storylines together in a single quest, it's better to build them separately and so let the storyline slowly grow into something. We've gotten these spoilers nearly every month, and I quite enjoy it that way. Speculating is more fun than actually finding it all out at once.

Do you have any idea what the requirements for this "Quest to end all quests" would be like? And what the rants forum would look like when it's released, considering what was thought of the requirements of "rocking out". -.-

Haven't been this happy for being wrong in a long time, lol.

~Six months to go? They announced it pretty early. Can't wait to see what kind of spoilers/references they are going to make.

I'm excited for the new quest and I'm hoping that most people won't be able to do it (aside from myself!)

I've finished every quest in the game and all the speculation relating to the stone of jas / runecrafting guild / wise old man lately has made me anticipate something like this :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be nearly as excited if my skills aren't what they are... I cant imagine there being too many levels I'll have to achieve to do this quest.

I'm just hoping there isn't a lvl 70+ agility, rc, or construction requirement.... or else I've got a lot of work to do lol

KingJD36.png

I'm 100% sure it's referring to the stone of jas.

I myself have completed all quests and are always in seek of new ones. This sounds awesome, them saying it will have the highest requirements ever will give me another reason to level, i'm going to train all skills to 70 and combat skills to 80 now because i dont want to miss this.

record.jpeg

To prepare for this quest, I'm gonna train all my skills to 60+, which was already a goal of mine lol, atleast I'm not to far off that. Then I'll slowly work my way up to all 70+ in anticipation(sp?) of this quest. Can't wait for it! :-#

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

What about the frozen door in GWD?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

"High" level req to Jagex is like 60 lol, so "extreme" would be like 70.

I don't know why they dont just make a massive quest that requires like 12 skills all at Level 90 to complete it fully or even Level 95.