End Game Content?

brando13a

As most everyone here knows, there isnt a ton of high level content. Everyone wants more, and the more I think of it, Jagex has done a poor job of planning any endgame content for skills.

As it stands, you need a little over 13 million experience to reach level 99, half of that is gained from 91-99, and in those levels there is almost a void of content, except for a few skills (summoning, smithing both have a fair deal of things in those levels), while hardly any other skill has ANYTHING for half the time you train it.

What are you opinions on Jagex, and their current lack of end game content?

What do you think should be done?

what sorts of things would you like to see?

personally, I think there should be small, but significant bonuses at each level from 90-99, in every skill, ranging from new equipment, to new effects- strength getting a chance to critical hit? (on monsters) attack getting piercing strikes, defence lowering damage, range giving chances for double shots or criticals, prayer getting new skills.

basically every kind of effect rpg's have, or anything else at all. I find it sad that Jagex planned so poorly, because now that so many players are reaching these levels, there's a very high level of unrest in that populus, that they have nothing to do, and really no benefit for getting the levels from 91-99, other than a very very minor bonus.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big is the high-level player population in the game? I'm thinking if the middle-high level player population is higher, then Jagex would spend more time on creating content for the majority. But if there is in fact a higher high-level population, then... :?

Perhaps seeing some new bosses with multiplayer interaction would be nice (thinking of WoW atm).

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think it sucks. I can't understand why some stats have no content after the mid-80's. Really, they can't think of anything to grow for farming, herbs & potions for herblore, or animals to hunt for hunter? -.-

I was hoping this year we would see some more content added, but it has been very limited. It's probably the reason that I just play SC on Runescape now. Nothing more entertaining to do.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The "high" level population is actually pretty large- consider every person who is at level 90, it at least one skill.

All of those people are sitting at the edge, the halfway point of exp, and they having nothing to look forward to.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I'm so bloody sick of hearing the excuse "high levels are the minority so they shouldn't get updates." It's a cop-out because it takes more effort to balance updates for high levels than mid-levels, so Jagex would rather throw worthless content (that doesn't require much effort to balance) at people who already have an abundance of things to do. Jagex thinks people will quit if they focus on high levels, but that is not true. High level updates give lower levels something to shoot for.

td2sig.jpg

Man, I'd be happy with ANYTHING that you could consider end-game content.

There are no bosses that are even close to being end-game really except maybe the corporeal beast... but even that can be taken on with 3 high levels or more commonly 15 low levels. I can solo every boss 5+ times in a single trip... I wear the same gear as random level 100's...

Yes, a few skills have high content. Most don't.

I'd also love to see something that is made so that it can ONLY be done by someone with 138 combat, or 99 in something or whatever.

I want to WANT to train skills. There are a lot of skills I don't train because I have no reason to. When I have a reason to train a skill, I will do it. When summoning came out I needed it to become 138 and keep my status of maxed combat, and there were suitable rewards for training it high, so I did.

I'm so bloody sick of hearing the excuse "high levels are the minority so they shouldn't get updates." It's a cop-out because it takes more effort to balance updates for high levels than mid-levels, so Jagex would rather throw worthless content (that doesn't require much effort to balance) at people who already have an abundance of things to do. Jagex thinks people will quit if they focus on high levels, but that is not true. High level updates give lower levels something to shoot for.
I could not agree more

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Just to stand up for Jagex a little they did just recently give us a huge, very huge infact update to agility that gave player with higher agility really fast recharge times on their run energy and that made so many things faster. That was for me the biggest update in game play for the entire year. But i guess people forget about that quickly... Yes it would be nice for somethings to have high level content added to them. But i also understand that they cant just go ahead and add in things to every skill all at once if they do that they cause the game to end sooner then if they very slowly add a piece here and then a piece there. They want to keep the game going as long as possible and not finishing things is one way do it.

Just to stand up for Jagex a little they did just recently give us a huge, very huge infact update to agility that gave player with higher agility really fast recharge times on their run energy and that made so many things faster. That was for me the biggest update in game play for the entire year. But i guess people forget about that quickly... Yes it would be nice for somethings to have high level content added to them. But i also understand that they cant just go ahead and add in things to every skill all at once if they do that they cause the game to end sooner then if they very slowly add a piece here and then a piece there. They want to keep the game going as long as possible and not finishing things is one way do it.
Actually I agree, that was one of my favourite updates yet, and I can't even do it.

Actually I agree, that was one of my favourite updates yet, and I can't even do it.

One of my favorites too, but sadly, there are no really useful high level agility shortcuts past 70. The highest level shortcut in the game, at 85, is 100% useless due to Elf Crystals and Charter Ships. Agility needs something like a 90+ shortcut that cuts through the north wall of Shilo Village, allowing super fast RCing with the Karamja Gloves. The Inferno Adze was another good update, but really all it's good for is training both WC and FM together faster. Currently there's really no point to having 99 WC and FM.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

One of my favorites too, but sadly, there are no really useful high level agility shortcuts past 70. The highest level shortcut in the game, at 85, is 100% useless due to Elf Crystals and Charter Ships. Agility needs something like a 90+ shortcut that cuts through the north wall of Shilo Village, allowing super fast RCing with the Karamja Gloves. The Inferno Adze was another good update, but really all it's good for is training both WC and FM together faster. Currently there's really no point to having 99 WC and FM.

Even withOUT elf crystal or charter ships it's still useless, it saves you maybe 2 seconds of running or 5 seconds of walking, whoop de [bleep]ing do.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

In most skills there isnt anything past 90, and then you arent even halfway to 99

i think you should have something in addition to the skillcape

maybe a choose between a few items, how about the same amount of items as skills. Like real good weapons and maybe other stuff

EDIT: ^Attack would be more logic

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Even withOUT elf crystal or charter ships it's still useless, it saves you maybe 2 seconds of running or 5 seconds of walking, whoop de [bleep] do.

Wow, that's even more depressing :wall:. For WC, I guess at 85, Elder Logs that can be Fletched into Battlestaves and chop about 2-3x slower than Mages would be a good idea. They already have Evil Elder trees, so how about regular Elder Trees.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The adze is also good for runecrafting as it acts as both an axe and a pickaxe. I would love to see some high level skilling updates but I doubt they will come any time soon.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Before they create end-game content, they need to update the way we train skills. They need to take away the grind of getting those high levels; just because a skill has this amazing reward at the end doesn't mean I want to train it at all.

At the end of most resource skills, the end-game content isn't even the best way to get xp. What kind of crap is that, where once you get to the highest content you're still stuck training with level 60 content. Why do I still cut willows for xp, fish trout and salmon, stay at lower level hunter monsters, mine granite. Jagex needs to make end-game content for these skills actually useful. I haven't cut down a magic tree in years, and I'm 99 wc.

Stellactic.gif

strength getting a chance to critical hit? (on monsters)

Now that sounds like a good idea.

Should be on players too though.

and that isnt overpowered at all? hmmm yeah lets crit a 83 with an arma godsword

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

strength getting a chance to critical hit? (on monsters)

Now that sounds like a good idea.

Should be on players too though.

and that isnt overpowered at all? hmmm yeah lets crit a 83 with an arma godsword

Ftw.

Well you could hit over 90 in RSC before the person had a chance to eat...so there's no problem with that :)

Stellactic.gif

I think if a skill dosn't have any real content after level 80-90 it shouldn't get released.

blackphatk.jpg

Timmy is so good at it that people ask him for help.

He Said Excuse me Hell Slayer can I speak to you for a moment, would you like to join a clan called The White Legion?

Its your items and to have someone steal it, without hesitation, its just wrong.

Jagex did a VERY VERY VERY bad job on choosing the skill levels for items, quests, and other stuff >.<

We can 2-hit people already and there is no weapons past 78 attack >.> And level 78 is not even 2m xp, when you need 13m to max :evil:

There is a reason why lots of pures don't even train past 75 att >.>

Start to think they should chenge the reqs for all weapons =\

Godswords should have been at least 85 att >.>

This is the "year of fixing the game", yet Jagex is fixing the wrong stuff. They should fix the broken skills. Something to farm after level 85, something to kill after level 90 slayer, something to pray for after level 70, something *useful and rewarding* at any smithing level.

But in terms of end game weapons, i don't think it's possible to make an end-game weapon, a 99 att weapon would 1-hit anyone :ohnoes:

But if Jagex does find a way to make end game weapons, they should be untradable and should be rewards from insanely hard challenges ( Like Fight Caves, but harder) that are unlocked after insanely hard Grandmaster quest. The ability to use the best weapons in the game should come from hard work on hard challenges, not from getting a lucky visage drop or 76king for a week.

At 99 att, a 1-handed weapon with the speed of whip, accuracy of a godsword, a str bonus around 10-30 points higher than whip and a good special attack would be nice and not overpowered i guess =\