The best monsters to kill for each charm color

Solidus_77

Due to personal experience as well as some wandering around the RSOF, I noticed that certain monsters are good at dropping a certain color of charm. Like the fire giants drop a lot of gold one and as i have just noticed now, the shadow warriors drop a lot of crimson ones. The RSOF guys claim that baselisks are great green charm droppers as well.

So what I've done now is compiled a table of the monsters who often drop a charm of a certain color. It should be noted that most (if not all) of the monsters below drop every color charm but seem to drop a certain color charm more often. The monsters are listed in terms of the charm color that they drop most frequently. My goal here is to figure out the most efficient way of obtaining charms (when i have a certain color that i want)

NOTE: these are totally approximate since they are based on a number of limited trials and are subject to change frequently! Feel free to correct them if you have more accurate results

Gold charm:

Fire giants

Ice giants

Moss giants

Ice warriors

Jogres

Hellhounds

Infernal mages

Green charm:

Basilisks

Baby Black dragons

Bloodvelds

Steel/Iron dragons

Mithril dragons (Sets of 4)

Jellies

Abberant Specters

Crimson charm:

Rock lobsters (Sets of 2)

Waterfiends

Shadow warriors

Greater demons

Dust Devils

Nechryael

Daggonnoths (lvl 90 or lvl 88)

Blue charm*:

Kalphite soldier

Gargoyle

Obsidian charm:

obsidian monsters (sets of 2)

Abyssal charm:

Abyssal Guardians

Abyssal Walkers (sets of 2)

Low-level charm-droppers (mostly gold unless stated otherwise):

Cave Crawlers

Rock Crabs

Thugs

Hill Giants

Fire Elementals (mostly crimson)

*: Since blue charms are a lot more rare than the other charms, the monsters here do drop not drop blue charms more frequently compared to their other color charm drops however they DO drop blue charms more frequently than the other monsters reported.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I assumed all monsters that dropped charms dropped the gold ones commonly, with the rest being quite rare.

As it happens I've been killing a load of ice giants, they drop loads of gold ones.

EDIT: Oh, and ice warriors too.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I read on the RSOF (Great source but still maybe worth checking out) that Giant Granite Crabs drop 10 Gold Charms at a time. I don't know the frequency fo the drops but it sounds quite frequent. They're found in the new Chaos Tunnels.

I just heard the same in a mates clan chat, I'll try and find them to see if I can confirm it.

EDIT: Yep, my first kill dropped 10. I'll try killing a few more to check how common they are. Bloody slow with melee though, I'd advise mage if you plan heading there.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Basilisks are great for green charms and blue drags are supposed to be pretty good for greens. Jogres are good for gold charms as well.

-BloodAngel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

you get lots of green charms from bloodvelds :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I read on the RSOF (Great source but still maybe worth checking out) that Giant Granite Crabs drop 10 Gold Charms at a time. I don't know the frequency fo the drops but it sounds quite frequent. They're found in the new Chaos Tunnels.

I just heard the same in a mates clan chat, I'll try and find them to see if I can confirm it.

EDIT: Yep, my first kill dropped 10. I'll try killing a few more to check how common they are. Bloody slow with melee though, I'd advise mage if you plan heading there.

Confirmed. And yes, meleeing them is impossibly slow even with great equipment and high stats.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'll confirm Hellpups drop tons of gold very often (practically 9 out of 10 times). Rather easy to melee with even Runite, or halberd, or range them.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It seems me one thing is true for all monsters which drop charms...

If a monster drops a charm, it all drop all colours of charm.

Am I correct in making that assertion? In which case, I can start compiling a list for our Bestiary now. :)

I added what you guys came up with for the lest when there was ONE clear bias towards a particular color. I'll have to figure out some sort of quota later to seperate the accurate trials from the less accurate trials but for the moment I gotta catch some sleep.

PS: Made it to 27 summoning :P shame, if I was to keep going I could have gotten rank #1! Oh well, i'll try tomorrow.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )