Tip.It Times Presents: On Beggars and Begging...

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

On Beggars and BeggingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

The Editor

We've all seen them, those dreaded words that send shivers down the spine of even the most hardened PKers: "phr33 5t0ph pl0x" or the all too familiar: "I got haxx0redÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ". There seem to be certain things that trigger these attacks on one'sÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good article as usual, keep up the good work editor =D> I don't see the end of begging too, but perhaps this article will make a few less perhaps.

*Edit* Oo, first post O:)

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

Nice one, reminds me of another article a while back on cheating... Keep it up!

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

There is a big difference between Runescape and real life. Runescape IS fair. Everyone starts with the same opportunity; the same stats and same items. In real life people have inredibly different opportunites. Some people are born to a rich family, and are given averything they'll need for their whole life, and a lot more. Others are born to a homeless family. There is very little chance for anyone born poor to become rich, and very little chance that anyone born rich will be poor.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

It's not just begging really. Though beggars are much more annoying then newbs asking for help(what level am I? where's lumby?), it comes from the same lack of understanding.

Beggars think they'll make money the fastest by being a parasite to others. They don't realise that this money making method is actually very slow and attracts thoughts of spite.

Newbs don't understand the game and don't know how to find out other than asking other ppl.

At thecore level, these ppl just don't know how to play.(I'm not trying to make excuses, but a lot of ppl wouldn't be beggars if they knew how to play)

an important and relevant article, would it ever be possible for begging to be made a reportable offense? as it forces me to have my public and private chat on friends alot of the time, and I now take off anything expensive before going into a crowded area.

my tactic for beggers is lie to them; tell them to turn on accept aid then teleother them where "they can get lots of money" i find lumby very fitting. THE place for noobs of all lvls.

however if u happen to have lunars on u then tele them to waterbirth island, boy does it annoy them.

I personally know a former beggar. He stopped because he gave up the game. He got a membership right off tutorial island and started beggin. I tried to explain how much he would be hated and that he's better off just playing the game. He wouldn't listen, apparently all he ever knew was begging. He never even finished his first month of membership.

I've been speaking to some beggars (also in real life) and they claim that asking for free stuff is when you say

"Free stuff please"

what they do is say:

"I need money"

"Give me your helmet"

"Give me money"

Its weird, they thing example 1 is begging, but examples 2, 3 and 4 are not. :?

Anyway, another great article from the editor. One day, we shall uncover his identity and kill h - Oops, been watching to much crime stoppers :-w

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

very well writen!

I personaly hate beggars... They make this game's community a lot worse... They're like annoying scammers....

oh yah, and it is really annoying when i walk around in full rune + whip, and people say "Fr33 M0ny Pl0x!"

I say "i dont have any money"

To witch they respond "Ya you do n00b! I see ur whip!!"

yep.. begging noobs r annoying.. im rich but my money r NOT for them! they want money they should earn it themself! :evil:

btw good job on writing it \'

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

Contrary to most people here, I sdon't think this was a partcularly good artcile. It seems to comprise mainly of a rant against bggars, the kind of thing that wold normally be locked even in the Rants forum...

This, coupled with a sloppy writing style makes me think that either the Editor has had a bad week this week and thrown it together in a fashion, or that someone other than the 'regular' editor has written it.

Sorry, but below average compared to some of the other artciles I have seen here

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Contrary to most people here, I sdon't think this was a partcularly good artcile. It seems to comprise mainly of a rant against bggars, the kind of thing that wold normally be locked even in the Rants forum...

This, coupled with a sloppy writing style makes me think that either the Editor has had a bad week this week and thrown it together in a fashion, or that someone other than the 'regular' editor has written it.

Sorry, but below average compared to some of the other artciles I have seen here

Yes, there have been better articles in the past but I don't mind a few going astray sometimes when there's little else to discuss.

By the by, I think it's been stated that there's more than one editor..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

It wasn't stated, it was proposed that it could be a possibility by Kiara Kat in the topic that is currently doing the rounds entitled 'The Mysterious Editor' at the moment. But yeh, its possible.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Thought it was an alright topic to talk about i am too bothered by beggers but im more bothered people always saying how cool your dragon axe is or your saradomin set or your barrows etc. yesterday i got told 15 times that my dragon axe was cool i couldnt say one thign to my mate the whole time because i was saying thx all the time. :ohnoes:

The-Mac

Thought it was an alright topic to talk about i am too bothered by beggers but im more bothered people always saying how cool your dragon axe is or your saradomin set or your barrows etc. yesterday i got told 15 times that my dragon axe was cool i couldnt say one thign to my mate the whole time because i was saying thx all the time. :ohnoes:

I personally don't see any problem in people complimenting me on my items, it's flattering, but to each their own I guess.

I am bothered by beggars though, because my green party hat draws a lot of attention sometimes. But the thing is I'm not rich because I bought the party hat last year when it was cheaper, and I find people with more gp than me asking me for help. :shock:

icecube7.jpeg

Aaarrrggghhhh!! KEEL DA BEGGARS!!!

Lol I feel better now.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.