Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
What I did for the Unis was as follows: -Turn on protect from magic and piety as soon as the battle starts -Run behind a pillar, wait for Ayuni (green) to teleport to you -Turn on protect from melee and kill her, keep an eye on your prayer -Once she's dead, get behind the pillar closest to Leuni (red) and make sure to have protect from magic and piety on whenever moving between pillars -Pop in and out of cover and attack Leuni once each time -Wait a second or two behind the pillar so when you expose yourself, Leuni won't react in time to hit you, and you'll only be hit by Eruni (blue) -Continue until Leuni is dead, then proceed to kill the stray demon -Lure the demon behind a pillar to kill it safely, remember to keep your mage protect/piety on when exposed -Once the demon is dead, run up to Eruni and attack her - then repeat the process (with an extra demon each time) until she's dead Using this strategy, it wasn't that difficult. And I reccomend bringing an enhanced excalibur (elite level advised) for healing. Seeing as you can wait behind a pillar as long as you want, you can abuse the EE spec infinitely if you need, however you should have enough food not to need it much. Oh, and if you run into them in climber mode, you better hope you don't have no prayer handicap. Without prayer, you're gonna take a lot more damage.
-
* * Fury's Money making guide * *
Well that's not really my problem. Good luck getting into the archive of wisdom. Did I win?
-
Woox16 advertised on the main rs page
Next time on Player Versus Environment Bear_Grylz77 puts his firemaking skill to the test and tries to light a campfire using some damp logs and a dark bow! Will his barbarian training finally pay off? Then he has to eat kalphite larva RAW for some reason! He might just upchuck, find out next week!
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
So the spellcaster gloves give you a magic damage bonus if you aren't wielding a staff? That sounds rather counterproductive to me. If it doesn't boost damage any more than 15%, it seems kinda useless. Can someone also check if the damage bonus still works if you're wielding a weapon other than a staff? The swift gloves seem to have gotten the good end of the deal. While melee and magic need you to fight barehanded for their special effects, that's not the case with ranged. I mean, how would you fight barehanded with ranged, don't you need a weapon? Now that I'm thinking about it, there should be unarmed options for range combat. "Spit" and/or "throw pebbles"
-
Woox16 advertised on the main rs page
#-o The truth comes out... #-o I think it's a little stoopid that Jagex posts about Woox on the home page, while other players can't do so much as post a link to their own Youtube videos on the RSOF. Jagex is just playing favorites or something, and it kinda irks me.
-
Woox16 advertised on the main rs page
lol What else would you call it when people are incessantly whining about how he doesn't deserve it because of using a bug. Blah Blah Blah, omg player getting recognized by Jagex, that player is not me so I am going to go rage at everyone. All I see is jealously and bitterness on the forums from those who believed they were so pro but Jagex recognized someone else. I am talking about RSOF btw, I don't think most of tip.it even cares. I like the idea of Jagex working together with players more, but why Woox? He's already well known enough already, if you're going to give someone a boost in popularity, why waste it on some over rated boss hunter? I guess it coincides with Dominion Tower's release, seeing as he's apparently so great at (exploiting bugs to help in) beating bosses, but it's really just a waste of time. Find us some unrecongized talent, not feeding the ego of some 12 year old bug abuser.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
YES! I hated this boss!
-
Woox16 advertised on the main rs page
Ever since Woox said he quit and made a big stink about it, I just lost all interest in him. Of course he didn't quit, he just felt like making a big scene as if he was really important or something. Now he's being yammered about by some Jagex goon who decided to post about him on the home page. Whatever. Woox isn't really all that amazing, he just fights bosses a lot, and does it non-stop until he stumbles upon a good strategy. That's rather impressive in it's own right, but nothing too special. I'm sure there are lots of other talented (and I use that term loosely) boss hunters out there in Runescape who just don't get nearly as much attention. Why? Woox is a drama queen.
-
Log in troubles and solutions
Another patch in ~10 minutes. That would be 6:00pm EST and 11:00pm GMT
-
Log in troubles and solutions
Uhhh, that was over 10 hours ago. I think it's already been unstickied. I'm still unable to login, as a matter of fact, that system udpate might've caused it. I was able to play yesterday, but not anymore today.
-
Anyone seen the Desert Phoenix lately?
Somebody dropped a pillar on it. Needless to say, it's dead and never coming back. Forget rising from the ashes, phoenix, this is a goddamn pillar we're talking about.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
Have you tried fighting "unarmed" with the gloves? I remember in the BTS they mentioned something about the gloves giving new unarmed combat options. And just to clarify... you can get the gloves after defeating 5 bosses after first unlocking them? Is it a random chance to get them in the chest, or can you claim them from the giant face? And can you use the Dreadnips and mines outside of Dominion Tower? You say the mine "doesn't work on bosses" and I can't imagine how it could be limited to the tower if it doesn't work on bosses.
-
01 Nov, 2011 - Behind the Scenes - November
He almost sounded offended when the first question to him was "what are the rewards" after his long bout of gushing about the artistic intricacies of the quest.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
line them up I deal with dessous teleports so you want to kill him first. Afterwards I usually deal with fareed second. He's safespotted so I don't need to worry about ice gloves or anything like that Then it's a choice between dealing with kamil or the prayer draining guy. You can range safespot the prayer draining guy so, you don't need to deal with that. Alternatively you can take out kamil first, and try to claw out/steel titan spec out the prayer drainer's second form. I run southeast so Kamil, Fareed, and Damis line up in that order north of me, with Kamil the closest and the rest stuck behind him and to the east of me is Dessous. Sorta like this: (DM) (FR) (KM) (ME)(DS) I pray mage and kill Kamil with melee. Then Fareed move up and I turn on melee pray and kill Dessous. Now at this point, I'm at no risk of dying as long as I have my prayer up. With Damis stuck behind Fareed, I mage him without worrying about his prayer drain. Now, I finish off Fareed with magic, not having to worry about ice gloves because all I'm losing out on is my staff's bonuses. If you have water runes (for Dagannoth Mothers) you might as well use water surge now. Usually I can beat this killer quartet while only using a few unicorn scrolls and one dose of prayer potion.
-
01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower
It cannot be done! And yes, I did fight Zenevivia again. Not too hard, really.
-
01 Nov, 2011 - Behind the Scenes - November
PLEASE let this include some sort of change to god books. I think it's stupid that it takes 25% special meter just to read out loud from the book... At least give it some special effect or something. Also, the newer books (Bandos, Zaros and Armadyl) have pretty crappy stats, Zamorak books are generally better to use in mostly every circumstance. I would love it if completed prayer books gave you some sort of bonus based on how much co-aligned equpiment you're wearing. So having a holy book of Saradomin while wearing a bunch of Saradomin items (holy symbol, monk robes, Saradomin rune armor etc...) would give you some sort of boost, perhaps to prayer drain rate or something. All in all, this month sounds good. I'm really excited about the new slayer dungeon and monsters, especially the fact that it's "mage-based"!
-
The Annoying Demon Ep 1
Feh. I remember watching the original, and I have to say, I liked the old one better. Not sure why, I think it might've been the music?
-
Can I have 10k?
I honestly didn't notice that everything was rhyming until like halfway through the video DERP... Either way, great job, I really enjoyed it!
-
Golden/Holiday Scythe Discussion
25 people?! Remember when I said, and I paraphrase, "Maybe the golden scythe will just be another Runefest exclusive, and like 99.9% of us will be very sad" earlier on in the thread? Well, more like 99.9999999%!@!@!@! Dammit Jagex, why do you even bother making animations, models, textures and code for an item that only 25 OUT OF LIKE MILLIONS OF PLAYERS will ever be able to own?! Hell, I saw a screenshot and it WASN'T EVEN GOLD!@!@! Okay, maybe that was just due to bad lighting - but still F*** EVERYTHING!@!@!!
-
Future of Runescape Combat
Elaborate? Are you referring to "hotbars" "abilities" and such talk? That's not something original to WoW. Hotbars are just good game design; they allow you to quickly activate items, spells or any other kind of action. Hell, I'd like a customisable hotkey list even without this combat rebalance. Combat abilities are technically already in Runescape, they're just rather shallow. Magic spells, prayers, special attacks and so forth are pretty much just that. Well, I'm pretty excited by the sound of this, a big combat change is what Runescape really needs, it's just not very interesting as it is now. Sure, PvP is exciting and can get rather complicated, but it could be so much better.
-
Future Update Discussions
Judging by video footage it seems Nomad has been striped of his special attacks and it's just straight combat so he shouldn't be all that challenging. I only know of one video on Youtube that has Dominion Tower footage. Not sure if I saw the same video, but what I saw was only a few seconds of the Nomad fight, not nearly long enough to make any assumptions that his special attacks have been neutered. I really hope not, I mean that's what made him so fun in the first place! P.S. Oh god, I don't want to have to fight the Inadequacy again... Bad memories...
-
Altar-less Runecrafting Training
I demand more information! Keep us posted! From what we know already, it seems construction is getting a few neat-o updates! Finally, a functional garden for our PoH. Now we just need more costume room space, some sort of bank, and... an indoor swimming pool?
-
So what's the basics of soloing the king black dragon?
Can you explain how it's a bad idea without comparing it to barrows? The reason I don't like those armors is because not only is it very expensive to buy, it's also very expensive to use. Never mind, the reason is obviously because the dragon is so powerful. Going a little off topic here, but it's certainly related, and it's some serious shit that you should listen to. Barrows armor is totally worth it over dragon armor. It only costs something like ~1m to buy the platebody and platelegs, and the repair cost is very very very insignificant. Probably the amount of food the higher defence bonus of barrows saves you is probably worth enough to pay for the repairs. GET A WHIP. It's much much much better than dragon weapons, especially that crappy battleaxe. But, for the KBD, I think a brackish blade would work quite well, it's essentially a dragon scimitar but with a better stab attack bonus. It's really cheap, too. Lastly, go get piety. You're only a few prayer levels away, and it's a huge boost to melee combat. Prayer potions are incredibly cheap, so whenever you're fighting anything, it's worth having piety on. If you don't want to use up too many prayer points (or any at all), practice prayer flashing. You can essentially have piety on for all of your attacks without draining any prayer if you do it right.
-
So what's the basics of soloing the king black dragon?
If you're so worried about looking like a "true knight" the least you could do is use a dragon scimitar or even a longsword. They look pretty badass, and are much better than a battleaxe, especially against the KBD due to his weakness to stab. I reccomend bringing 1 antifire potion, 1 super attack, 1 super strength, a few prayer potions and the rest sharks. Wear magic defence boosting armor and pray against melee. But if you want to be any serious about killing the King Black Dragon, or any boss for that matter, you'd probably need at least a whip. Oh, and it couldn't hurt if you posted your stats, that would give us a much better idea of what you could handle and what setups to use.
-
Stuff F2P Should Have
Keep in mind, you can only get trimmed armor from treasure trails which is a members only feature, but free players can still wear and trade for it. Some items could be only obtainable in members worlds, but still tradable and useable for non-members. When it comes to combat, here's what I think should be give to non-members: Magic -Snare (5 second bind isn't very much, I think 10 seconds would be great) -Wave spells (up for discussion, but I think changing the base max from 160 to 200 isn't game-breaking) -Splitbark armor (perhaps it could be made in free play too; bark and silk being rare drops from some monsters?) -Zamorak robes (in addition to splitbark or in lieu; useful for prayer bonus and better magic attack while still being rather cheap) Range -Yew bows and rune arrows (perhaps give gravite shortbow slightly higher range attack so it's still more desirable) -Javelins and thrown axes (maybe these could find a use to F2Pers, because in P2P they're all but useless) Melee -Metal boots (up to either adamant as previously suggested, or rune) -Attack and defence potions (maybe add new weaker F2P magic/range potions and make the current ones "super") -Weapon poison (add a use to daggers, and could even be applied to arrows; weakest variant only; add anti-poisons too of course) As for other additions, perhaps make the King Black Dragon a free player boss, and tweak his drops accordingly. He'd be the only non-member source of dragon bones. Seeing as Jagex said they're thinking about reworking the KBD, maybe this could be part of it? Oh, and I swore Jagex was considering making fletching a non-member skill at one point. It makes perfect sense, and would be especially useful in dungeoneering.