Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheefoo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cheefoo

  1. The concept of the dungeoneering kiteshields was almost what I was expecting. The divine spirit shield reduces all damage by 30%, it's rather hard to top that without potentially unbalancing the game. The part of the DG shields I like is their reduction of specific types of damage, unlike the DSS reduction of all damage. The mage shield absorbs melee attacks, melee absorbs range, and range absorbs magic. The concept had potential, but the fundamental flaw was the incredibly low percent of reduced damage. Instead of trying to "outclass" the DSS in at least one aspect, these shields only reduce "up to 20%" (which is now said to only be 14%), and only work against specific kinds of attacks. So these dungeoneering kiteshields not only work against specific attacks, but also reduce damage less. However, this is offset by their other combat bonuses, and they're much easier to obtain. The combat bonuses of the chaotic kite have quite a few defense points up on the DSS, the farseer kite has almost as much magic attack as an arcane spirit shield, and the eagle eye kite has almost as much magic defence as a spectral kiteshield. The dungeoneering kiteshields aren't "useless", but in the case of damage reduction, they are greatly outshone by the divine spirit shield. It makes sense though, factoring in the availability, and the other stats/bonuses. However, I think if there are to be new shields to, in any way, shape, or form, beat the DSS in damage reduction, it would have to be limited to certain combat styles, or have some other kind of drawback, such as reduced stats.
  2. If they would just get rid of the "200 damage" rule, and actually have it always reduce by even 14% and 7% (though I would really like 20% and 10%), they might be somewhat worth using. Probably not much in comparison to a divine spirit shield, but not everyone can afford one of those. Why is it that Jagex has to put such stupid limits on items, as if to try making them as useless as possible. Look at the bonecrusher. Nice concept, but the tokens spent on it are better spent on something more useful. By the time you have 34k dungeoneering tokens lying around, and nothing else worth spending them on, you're probably way too high leveled to find much of a use for this piece of garbage. Then there's rapid renewal, 100k+ dungeoneering tokens, and drains prayer ridiculously fast for such a small health gain. Not worth any amount of tokens. Spirit cape.
  3. Reset their levels, they still have all their items. In fact, they would also have all their quest progress, so this would make people want to get caught botting, so they can train a "1 defence turmoil pure" or something of that nature. However, if they do reset their bank and quest progress, along with their levels, wouldn't it just be simpler to BAN them?
  4. So you subtract 200 from the initial number, then reduce that by 14% to find how much its reduced? So, lets say a 500 melee hit on a farseer kiteshield would become 458? That's 500-(500-200*0.14)? That's pretty sad... Here's what we were lead to believe before. When it was first released, people thought it was a straight 20% reduction (on certain attack types and on attacks dealing over 200 damage). 500*0.8=400 Then, we found it could reduce "up to 20%". Which could theoretically be a 1-20% reduction. 500*0.99=495 up to 500*0.8=400 Now, we see it reduces by 14%. 500*0.86=430 Now, we're saying it does some more [cabbage]... 500-(500-200*0.14)=458 But now you're saying in the calculations it subtracts 200, then calculates the damage reduction? I was thinking the "flat rate" of 14% made it better than the "up to 20%" reduction, but theres another factor? If so, that's really [cabbage]ty.
  5. Tbh, thought this would've been solved with the edibles... Also, it's a half jug....not half bottle :wall: Didn't you hear? They're changing wine jugs to bottles. You also can drink them in two servings, making half jugs no longer discontinued. Why would you need a confirmation box? It's to warn you of the dangers of alcohol and how drinking irresponsibly can be dangerous to your health. inb4 joke post gets removed for supposed price manipulation
  6. I'm not sure why scimitars, daggers, whips and the like are "medium". I always though of them as "fast". From what I saw, this is what the speed classes are: Speed 6 (daggers, scimitars, whip...): Medium Speed 5 (longswords, basic spears...): Slow Speed 4 (battleaxes, godswords....): Very slow Speed 3 (basic twohanders, granite maul...): Extremely slow I haven't seen what speed 7 (darts and knives) or speed 1 (dark bow) are called yet.
  7. Which is also why there are Dragonkin statues and symbols in the castle above, but none inside the Demon Halls themselves. Remeber, the Dragonkin have a lot to do with this. It couldn't be a mere coincedience that they built a castle atop of this "Rift".
  8. World of Warcraft? Free? Activision Blizzard? Somehow, I don't see that happening.
  9. Now that's what I call a "Stalker"!
  10. Wow, if Jagex really cared about copyright, might as well force RSWiki to be taken down then. <_< Seriously, who cares about something as trivial as lore? Jagex never copyrighted RSWiki with all their other guides. Oh [cabbage]. This stuff could be big. Last time Jagex asked fansites not to post any information about something was for Mourning's End Part II when it was first released.. There must be some type of juicy information Jagex doesn't want to have spoiled for us.
  11. Cheefoo replied to SoulWars's topic in Help and Advice
    But this mute is uncommon; I can't see what anyone's writing (except quick-chat), I cannot change my clan chat name, etc. It doesn't even say when I'll be unmuted! :( Perhaps they think you're under 13 years old, and perhaps gave you similar limits? If you're under 13, you can only use and see quickchat. I've been banned from certain websites for a similar mistake. I joked "im 12 and wat is this" and I got insta-banned.
  12. Get a granite plate at 50 defence/strength. It's a decent step up from rune. Granite legs, helmet, and shield aren't much better than rune. In fact, their melee defences are lower than rune, but their range defence is higher. The granite plate, however, is better all around. Also, it might be worth looking into completing "Fremennik Trials" to unlock some cool helmets. It's not too difficult of a quest, and the warrior helm, and berserker helm that you unlock are like rune full helmets, but with attack or strength bonuses respectively. Once you get 60 defence, I'd only reccomend getting a dragon med and dragon platelegs/skirt (there's no difference between the legs and skirt stat-wise). Dragon full helmet, chainbody, and platebody aren't worth the steep, steep price. Once you can afford them, chances are you have the levels for better, cheaper armor. Dragon med helm and legs/skirt are the only economical choices of dragon armor, the rest is more for show than stats. Once you complete Fremennik Trials you could try "Fremennik Isles" It's quite a bit more difficult, but once you have 55 defence, you can unlock the Helm of Neitiznot. It's a great helmet with a strength and prayer bonus, and is worth using for a long time to come. As for weapons, there isn't much to use inbetween rune and dragon. You can use a granite maul or granite mace, but they aren't very good for anything besides their special attacks. Just stick with a rune scimitar, until 60 attack, then move on to do Lost City, and unlock dragon longswords and daggers. They're generally the first dragon weapons you'll be using. Lost City is an easy quest, and most dragon weapons that don't require a quest are either expensive (dragon twohander), or not very good (dragon spear).
  13. Cheefoo replied to SoulWars's topic in Help and Advice
    Yeah, I had a one day mute that was on my "record" for a year. I really don't get how that works. As for the topic at hand, just take a break from Runescape. I haven't played at all for weeks, and now that I'm back I'm having much more fun. If you aren't having fun, you shouldn't be playing. Chances are, when you come back later, things will be more enjoyable.
  14. Ore bags: I hear you can only have one of eachl bag. Bonecrusher: They might stack. Herbicide: Also might stack. Weapons and Shields: Pretty sure they won't stack because each has its own degrading value. and Magic boxes: Like the degrading items, they probably won't stack because of the different stored runes value.
  15. Actually, damage boosts only work on one target with multi-target spells. Arcane stream is still a really, really useful item otherwise.
  16. Does it work on other players?
  17. The loss of combat bonuses is a shame, though. I could see it being pretty useful for convenience's sake, but I'm not sure how much money it would end up saving on prayer potions. It still looks interesting, and I may end up getting the dragontooth and bonecrusher once I have tokens to spare.
  18. Kinda dissapointed it's only +7 magic attack. I was hoping for at least +10, not a big deal though... Could you test if you can save runes with staff of light and/or battle robes, with the runes in the box, or outside? Also, could you see how the bonus damage works, pretty please?
  19. When you safespot while tribrid, switching staff, necklace and shield shouldn't be a major worry. it's not a matter of the switch, it's a matter of sustaining extra damage from spinys for the times you do rex. iunno how significant that is, though. your real inventory savings are only 2 slots though; you save 3, but you lose one because you have to bring an additional shield. anti-poison totem also saves you at least 2 slots, so the inventory-saving aspect of surgebox isn't that significant... Though if the damage increase is significant, like 5%, then i'd reconsider. I believe the blastbox had a chance to deal 25% extra damage, but it activated randomly. Does anyone know if the surgebox is compatible with the rune saving of the staff of light/battle robes? The KB says you can use runes that aren't stored in the box, so it should make sense to be able to save some runes.
  20. Anyone know if the prayer necklaces work with the bonecrusher, if the zealot amulet works with leeches, and if the surgebox has a chance to deal extra damage, like the blastbox?
  21. I wonder if the zealot necklace is a big ripoff. For example "add 5% of 15% to make 15.75%"
  22. Prayer necklace+bonecrusher? Sounds like it could be pretty useful in some scenarios.
  23. I think the money saved by using a bronze dagger would make it more efficient. Not to mention the time it takes to raise dungeoneering to get the rapier, in that time you could have collected thousands of bronze daggers.
  24. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonkin_lamp Here's a table and calculator for all your dragonkin lamp needs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.