Everything posted by Phil
-
my holiday pics of nova scotia :)
Yeah nice photos you've taken there. The sunset ones would make good wallpapers. You should post them in higher res. :)
-
Guess that movie or actor...
Casablanca... ahh too late ohh well here's one to guess.
-
WoW graphics problem or what?
Could also be an overheating problem. What is the spec. of the rest of your computer? What's the requirements for WoW?
-
Know any cool, almost-never used English words?
It's quite common, take sports for example... "the striker squandered many opportunities to score" I dunno most of the words people are naming here I hear often (for eg. hence, henceforth, thus, presume etc..) Perhaps it's because they are foreign and aren't used to listening to English constantly (like the TV)? Or perhaps it's because I've spent the last 3 years at uni and something has been rubbed off on me, but I doubt that... :wink: One word which I would like to use more is "ostentatious". Just sounds cool to say :P
-
Gas Prices
Ahh but the powerfull people that control the prices of oil/gas/petrol still like to rake the money in. They aren't going to put them so high as to scare people off. I have also heard that they have been making sure that other, more environmentally friendly ways are not developed so fast at the moment because they don't want to lose their profits just yet. Once they realise that there isn't enough oil in the world to keep producing the gas/petrol they will then venture into those economically/environmentally friendly solutions to energy.
-
Online Music Log?
What happened to Audioscrobbler?
-
Do soccer (football) players ever get brain damage?
Yes he's talking about football, not american football. (two completely different things)
-
Fact or Fiction?
That sounds a bit Irish to me... How do you know it wont turn back on if you never turn it off?
-
And Opera turns 10
On the same page as you got the serial it said...
-
Help with teh homework
I'm sure RedRuby doesn't mean it but a warning for runescape player: make sure these questions don't clash with your recovery questions. If they do, don't post. Also please no overly personal answers here, who knows what kind of people browse these boards. Where do you live? - Perth, UK What is your age? - 21 What do you look for in a product? - value for money, decent make. What kind of music do you listen to? - mainly indie but any type really What are your hobbies? - football, other sports, computers
-
Hurricane Katrina
Heh, what'd really shock me is if it's so powerful that it takes a turn out toward the Atlantic, circles back around the east coast, and goes back into the Gulf of Mexico, hitting us twice in one hurricane. Highly unlikely, but freaky to think about :shock: I think Britain sometimes gets the tail end of a hurricane if it's powerfull enough.
-
Do soccer (football) players ever get brain damage?
I've seen that happen to a few people whilst at games. People not paying attention get a ball smacked in their face, one was a lady who was walking back to her seat. She got knocked out and had to be stretchered away. Not funny. Also once when I was playing I cleared the ball out the side and hit a small boy, who was sitting on the back of a bench, in the side of the head and he went flying. moral of these stories? always pay attention whilst around a football match. :P
-
RS Wont Work
Please don't post the same thing more than once. See your other thread in help & advice.
-
And Opera turns 10
Nice, thanks for the link rick. I got a code. :) I'm not sure this will make me switch to use Opera, since I'm pretty happy with my Firefox atm.
-
Movie Editing Software
Tried searching? http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=292 ... ight=movie http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=646 ... ight=movie
-
What do you believe happens when you die?
OK first off I'm gonna say to people not to turn this into a religious debate, like most of these threads turn into, please. Everyone's entitled to their beliefs here. I think that when we die, that's just it. We don't think anything, remember anything or do anything. We just... switch off. :)
-
People to People Student Ambassador Programs
Well I've never heard of it before and if I got something like that I would be thinking it was some sort of way to get me to part with my money. :P But if it's well known in America then it's surely worth going to the meeting. I'm sure they would tell you all the info (how much it's gonna cost) there.
-
Do soccer (football) players ever get brain damage?
Heading a ball right or wrong certainly wont help with a migraine anyway.
-
Do soccer (football) players ever get brain damage?
Yeah I'd be more worried about elbows or high boots than than the ball. Like that Celtic goalkeeper who was killed when he went in for a ball and got his skull fractured by the striker trying to kick the ball. But yeah that was 1931 and very uncommon still.
-
Do soccer (football) players ever get brain damage?
These days it's not very common, but I'm guessing it could happen. But the balls they use are pretty light and if headed correctly wont hurt you at all. I've never heard of anyone having to quit because of it. I've headed the ball quite a lot that's been punted from the other end of the pitch and I'm alright (I think),yeah it's sore for a couple of seconds if you head it wrong, but who knows after 20 years of doing it :? In the older days pre 60s perhaps when they used the big tough leather balls I'm pretty sure there were lots of injuries because of heading the ball, mainly splitting their heads open from the stitching :P
-
Fact or Fiction?
well when I got a computer my old flat electricity bills seemed normal, then I started leaving my computer on all the time, or on standby (for like 2 weeks at a time) and the bills soared :) I thought there might have been a link so I started switching it off at nights and the bills went down again. Coincidence perhaps. Not exactly sure, but I'm gonna agree with what Hannibal said.
-
AIM Screenname :/
You are known as trapical to your college friends? :?
-
Fact or Fiction?
Leaving your computer on might help your hardware or whatever, but not your electricity bill :P
-
/\/\-=The Word OMG Should Be Censored!!!=-/\/\
Rofl, some people should really learn how to have a proper discussion here, without the fear that someone will argue back. Putting that after your argument is almost like saying that your argument isn't going to stand up to any criticism.
-
In-game music isn't working, yes I do have it turned on
Deleting the folder itself will do nothing. Ok going to post what jagex say about sound on the forum.. in particular read the bolded section If you have done all that then I suggest contacting Jagex with your problem.