Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A corrupt scim costs 2m. I have a half-degraded one that I haven't used since I got p2p again. It's basically a speed 4 r2h that you lose every minute. It costs so much, only a former p2p player could afford to use one.

Wrong thread? :?

A corrupt scim costs 2m. I have a half-degraded one that I haven't used since I got p2p again. It's basically a speed 4 r2h that you lose every minute. It costs so much, only a former p2p player could afford to use one.

uh... what?

I don't see why f2p shouldn't get skillcapes.

7eon7r1.png

YouTube

Totally off-topic.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

anyway you cant get skill capes most of them are in member worlds.

Put the firemaking guy somewhere in a random forest in f2p....that was difficult. And have the instructors give out the rest of them.

sir_cambridg.png

LOL. This could take a while.

Sir_Cambridg.png

Mod MMG took notion of the f2p skillcape, and he says it was a good idea, and he will tell it to his fellow Jagex staff members. THis doesn't mean they are coming, just that they are thinking about it ;)

I think f2pers should get skillcapes. That way they can show to everyone their hard work.

-Iv'e also noticed that when a member buys a skillcape but then looses their membership, and if they take it off or die with it on, then they can't put it back on. Making it for everyone will make it easier and not have this problem. \'

Yes and no.The portal suggestion would be bad because a good enough hacker might bug up the script for it and can acess and do everything members can.But the skill masters that are in F2P should be accessable to all F2Pers that have level 99 in that skill

Actually, I think that was probably one of THE most useful ones. Its not good for normal training or anything like that, but it IS a very dominant force in PvP. More importantly, it is vital in clan wars. A tank with a few pieces of dragon will outlast any rune wearing tank. Hitting very high with a Dragon Long or Scim is very useful aswell. If you arn't using it, you can just take it off unlike the other corrupt armor/weapons.
Quite true, but if you notice, most CWA wars have rules that disallow corrupted dragon armour.

If fighting a large clan in PvP, the dragon will only give you an extra 20-ish seconds tanking time, if that (crazy random estimate, never tried it myself) but you will lose millions when you die with it. That's something you definitely don't want to be returning in ::'

Off topic: Are you in a PvP clan? RH says you aren't, so I assume you used to be?

The_Maddest.png

• 1 month later...

I don't see any problem, why f2p's shouldn't get a skill cape? -.-

I think i could answer all the post, which has the "No skill capes to f2p's" in it.

Try me...

2650_1111.png

2650_1111.png

I think i could answer all the post, which has the "No skill capes to f2p's" in it.

Try me...

Okey for a starters I am pure f2p myself, one of the top, and I say we do not need skill capes.

Why not? First of all we will not be able to store them in our bank, since we simply don;t have enough bank slots

Second, capes have been drawing f2p players into the members world as soon as they where planted in the game. Giving it away to the free to play may cause outrage among members as well as a decline for new members.

Thirdly I have only seen capes as a burden, I see all those poor members being asked to show the skillcape day in day out.

As a fourth option I would say if we want anything to be better, we shouldn't ask for this. Everyone knows a 99 takes hard work, and they can see it in highscores. We should be asking for things that ease the gameplay in f2p a little bit. What about a costume box that holds all of our random event clothing?

And finally I say we have seen enough updates for a whole year ;) since many of jagex updates of last year did hurt the community I was always begging for an update to be p2p only so it would not destroy f2p life as we knew it.

It may sound selfish, but this is the reason why I say no to f2p skillcapes :)

Try me...

Okey for a starters I am pure f2p myself, one of the top, and I say we do not need skill capes.

Why not? First of all we will not be able to store them in our bank, since we simply don;t have enough bank slots

Second, capes have been drawing f2p players into the members world as soon as they where planted in the game. Giving it away to the free to play may cause outrage among members as well as a decline for new members.

Thirdly I have only seen capes as a burden, I see all those poor members being asked to show the skillcape day in day out.

As a fourth option I would say if we want anything to be better, we shouldn't ask for this. Everyone knows a 99 takes hard work, and they can see it in highscores. We should be asking for things that ease the gameplay in f2p a little bit. What about a costume box that holds all of our random event clothing?

And finally I say we have seen enough updates for a whole year ;) since many of jagex updates of last year did hurt the community I was always begging for an update to be p2p only so it would not destroy f2p life as we knew it.

Bank slot? Sure f2p doesn't have much bank space but i think most f2pers would rather just drop their black capes and wear their skillcapes instead... most f2pers have cape, and all a skillcape would do is replace that. I also don't see how it causing an "outrage" would make it bad. You should know by now that their will always be someone complaining about an update. And how would a f2p update "destroy f2p life as you know it"? Thats a bit dramatic. Its up to Jagex to decide if f2p has had enough updates or not, not you.

Bank slot? Sure f2p doesn't have much bank space but i think most f2pers would rather just drop their black capes and wear their skillcapes instead... most f2pers have cape, and all a skillcape would do is replace that. I also don't see how it causing an "outrage" would make it bad. You should know by now that their will always be someone complaining about an update. And how would a f2p update "destroy f2p life as you know it"? Thats a bit dramatic. Its up to Jagex to decide if f2p has had enough updates or not, not you.

It's true, screw my old cape, I can wear a skillcape! As for the upset in the P2P community, yeah, those guys can whine pretty badly(Not saying that all P2P players do, just that a particularly large amount of them do on the RSOF) , the thing is though, they have all the right to do so. They are Jagex's main source of income, and as such it'd be wise to try and keep them pleased.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

Just a couple of quick comments...

As was already said, we could just switch them with our other cape, although that would limit us to one. If the skillcapes were open to F2P, the emote wouldn't be nearly as cool because it would be so much more common, so only a few people would still ask for them. I agree we should ask for things that make F2P a little easier, instead, though. And if they were to release the capes to both F2P and P2P, it should have been right from the start.

Should we have gotten them? Absolutely. Should we get them now? Not really. Although it would have been nice.

It would be a bad move for jagex to give f2p sc's because if you are a f2p and work really hard and get 99 woodcutting for example don't you think you would be really excited and PAY for members just to get the cape? I know i would after months of work! :thumbsup:

monkeyboy105.png

monkeyboy105.png

99/99 Strength achieved 5/9/09

It would be a bad move for jagex to give f2p sc's because if you are a f2p and work really hard and get 99 woodcutting for example don't you think you would be really excited and PAY for members just to get the cape? I know i would after months of work! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't... and won't. And I speak for a large number of F2Ps. However, it is that other number that keep these capes P2P.

Of COURSE F2P should get skillcapes.

No, actually F2P must get skillcapes.

Why? Here are some reasons.

1) It is 10x harder to reach a F2P 99 in F2P than it is P2P.

2) You earn the right for a skillcape, not buy the right.

3) Lets us 100% F2Pers stay our 100% F2P status if we want a skillcape.

4) P2P loves to whine over EVERY single update F2P gets. If F2P gets skillcapes, it's not like the gameplay in P2P gets taken away. :roll:

5) It's just a CAPE. It's not like we're getting barrows or anything. -.-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If we - for some reason - get the cape, then i would recommend that:

U need to play in a year to wear the cape. (or an half)

U must not see or observe anyother "things" from members (You can add a tele, somewhere directly to the man, who gives the cape)

U minimum need 12,5 million xp in order to get it - Not including the lvl 99.

(There are many other options, but i cant think of any right now :S)

Some days ago, i was going for 99 woodcutting, but not anymore, when i - not found out - But realised, that i would never get a cape, because u have to be members (im not saying im dying for 5£, i have just never bought anything from the internet). And in fact i think, there are too many P2P players, there has been playing the game, for like 5 years+, and these people dont want f2p's to get the capes (And be happy). No Because some P2P's are too selfish (Not everyone, i know many from P2P, who wants good thing for F2P's, because they someday become F2P aswell). Take a break lol :P... wtf do u loose? dignity? (lol :P)

PS. Please dont talk about bank space anymore lol :P

Just switch ur danm(Team) cape to something more special...

2650_1111.png

2650_1111.png

U minimum need 12,5 million xp in order to get it - Not including the lvl 99.

And so what if the player in question has multiple 99's? Why should those experience points not count towards one's total?

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

I think that Free-to-Play members should get skill capes, but not the same types as members. Similar to how there are already two different skill capes (untrimmed and trimmed), there should be a new type of skill cape for nonmembers. The trim on the skill cape signifies if someone has multiple Level 99 stats, so some other feature on the cape (like the shoulder blades, for example) should signify if someone is a nonmember or member.

Of course, members do need extra features on the skill cape. It would be unfair for a feature that has been members-only for so long be readily available to free-to-play members. I believe that the emote should still be enabled, but the +1 bonus in the stat should not. If someone with a Level 99 stat tries to Operate his or her cape, they should get an error message saying "Only members are able to operate this skill cape."

U must not see or observe anyother "things" from members (You can add a tele, somewhere directly to the man, who gives the cape)

If you see some members only features up close, by being teleported to the cape-giver, it "could" cause more people to want to pay, which would be good for business. However, it may not, since you wouldn't see people in action in members areas on a F2P world.

Of course, members do need extra features on the skill cape. It would be unfair for a feature that has been members-only for so long be readily available to free-to-play members. I believe that the emote should still be enabled, but the +1 bonus in the stat should not. If someone with a Level 99 stat tries to Operate his or her cape, they should get an error message saying "Only members are able to operate this skill cape."

Emote only would be alright with me. Not that I have a 99 yet, nor would I willingly submit to showing the emote to just anybody if I did and had a cape.

I don't think they should get a skill cape like what we have in members, but what about something like a normal blue cape, but with the 99 skills picture on it? It would still show great achievement, just not as fancy as the members cape.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers